Dodge Dart Forum banner

2013 Dodge Dart Mopar '13

10K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 ·

For the fourth time in four years, the gear heads over at Mopar have pulled a car from the Chrysler Group lineup and transformed it into a limited-edition vehicle to showcase some of their latest developments in technology and performance. Having already performed their magic on the Dodge Challenger, Charger, and the Chrysler 300 it's not surprising that Mopar would turn its attention to one of Dodge's newest members - the Dodge Dart.

The 2013 Dodge Dart Mopar ’13 will be limited to a run of 500 units with it's gloss-black body accented with a pair of unequal-width Mopar-blue racing stripes that run from stem to stern. The car sits on 18-inch wheels finished in deep gloss black with blue splashed onto the calipers. The Mopar premium brake kit also includes slotted rotors. The Mopar ground effects kit consists of a chin spoiler, a decklid spoiler, and a rear diffuser. The exterior nomenclature is limited to a Mopar badge in the crosshair and Mopar logos on the center caps of the wheels. The interior is where things really begin to pop. The eye popping Mopar-blue leather driver’s seat is meant “to keep the emphasis on the driver.” The rest of the seating is done in black with contrasting blue stitching. The interior color scheme includes a blue-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel with matching shift knob, and blue ambient lighting. A sport pedal kit, Mopar carpet floor mats, doorsill guards, and an 8.4-inch touch screen.

The only available powertrain in this beauty is the turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Like some good sound coming out of the rear pipes? Mopar tossed in a performance-tuned exhaust system. They also lowered the car’s ride height by a quarter of an inch and re-calibrated the steering for improved performance.

Each of the 500 Dart Mopar ’13 owners will receive a unique owner kit on delivery. Its contents include a personalized plate with vehicle specifications, the car’s date of manufacture, and the unique identification number of the vehicle, all contained in a custom black case. Production of the 2013 Dodge Dart Mopar ’13 is scheduled to begin at Chrysler’s Belvidere, Illinois, assembly plant this spring. So who's on the phone right this moment reserving this bad boy?

Via: AutoBlog

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Edit, the seats grew on me, I actually like it :)

#4 ·
This makes me think about the people that say tuning up or modding the stock dart is "abusing" the car past what it can handle and that the stock parts and tune is the "best" that it can be. ROFFL. This edition is proof that you should mod or tune your car to "YOUR" taste/style!
P.S. I think the trend that is going to happen will be dealerships installing mods while honouring the warranty without the hassle of going from dealership to dealership looking for one to install your after market parts!
TAKE THAT INSURANCE COMPANY'S AND FOLLOW SUITE! Having the dealership install your parts will be a HUGE benefit for the owner if the adjuster starts squawking about how you didn't claim this on your policy.

#9 ·
bod,

I apologize in advance for the "corporate response" I'm going to give.

Chrysler's warranties do not cover repairs required because of non-Chrysler modifications, installation of special equipment or accessories, or use of special materials, fuels or additives.
This includes special bodies, body conversions, fuel system conversions, trailer hitches, window tints, sunroofs, theft alarms, etc.
Performance and racing parts are considered to be non-Chrysler parts.
Non-Chrysler modifications do not by themselves void your warranty, but they are not covered by your warranty.

This means that, if your modification causes an issue to warrantable parts, you are responsible for the entire repair related to the modification. Abusing your vehicle is something totally different than modding. The computers in your vehicles tell us almost everything you do - the balance of the information we need is the condition of your vehicle.
Most dealers will do what you ask them to do when you are paying; particularly when you order the parts from them. Some will be apprehensive but this would be based on dealer policy regarding modification to a vehicle.

Hope that makes sense.

#5 ·
i wonder if it would be worth trading my limited for this lol

#12 ·
Any idea on the price?

#14 ·
Honestly, besides the oddball driver seat, this thing is pretty bad ass. I might try to replicate this to an extent on my Dart, only with red accents instead of black. :D

Reactions: UN4GTBL and suzq044
#16 ·
I read in one of the press releases that the blue drivers seat is meant to "put the focus on the driver". Not sure how this works but, while I'm not a fan of the blue seat...that alone would not prevent me from buying this vehicle if I were in the market. As it is, I already have a Rallye and will stick with it.

#17 ·
Yeah, your quote was in ck's info above!

#20 ·
Those are not the black headlamps

#23 ·
scroll down; the smaller "build-your own" style image near the specs does show black headlights.

Where is this build your own button?
Edit: Nevermind, see the image. Weird that they have conflicting images!

#24 ·
You know, the more I see this, the more I want it! I really am curious about the price though! It looks to me that it may only cost about 3k above a base limited. You know, with all the stuff it has, it may cost about the same as a loaded out gt, gets everything -a 2.4l engine... I am seriously thinking of asking my dad if he would go ahead and order earlier than we thought, as long as the price is not huge! Sure I would need to learn stick... but is this model worth it? Do yall think there will be an increase in hp with their performance mods?

#28 · (Edited)
So I wanted more information, so I contacted dodge and this was the email they returned:
Dear _______:
It is great to read of your interest in the Mopar '13 Dodge Dart! According to our preliminary provided resources, production for a limited run of 500 Mopar '13 Dodge Dart models will begin this spring and the ability to factory order the Mopar '13 Dodge Dart model will open accordingly. At the present time, Chrysler Group LLC has not released any official information regarding pricing or when the Mopar '13 Dodge Dart models will enter the factory order system. The information within our resources regarding the Mopar '13 Dodge Dart is preliminary and therefore, subject to change. Our preliminary resources indicate the Mopar '13 Dodge Dart model has white headlights and the vehicles shown on our Dodge website are preproduction models.

So all I got was that ordering will be this spring and if i was to try and get it, i would change those headlight and have all black! I believe I may try to get it!

#29 ·
You may want to change your profile status if that's the case. ;)

#34 ·
Eh, idc, dark enough for my taste. Their pictures still confuse me though as this is either a limited or GT I think and the car they took pictures of doesn't even have fog lights. Anyone know the cost of changing the front lights to black? Kinda stupid to have an all black and blue car, then shove two big white headlights on it when the black ones are available. This car has definitely peaked my interest. I would sacrifice an auto for the manual in this case only.

Susan, when are you gonna change your banner stuff to say received? It's been bugging me! :popped out:

#35 ·
Its an old pic, right around release, like October or so. So yeah, they cobbled a few models together. Even the Dart R/T promo shots had chrome handles that were photoshopped body-color. It's just an old photoshoot. We'll see in a few days what the live-release will have. :)

and I dont have my Dart yet, thats why I haven't changed it. LOL
Still sitting at the dealer waiting on me/them to figure this shit out. Hopefully tomorrow, cause I have a buyer for the Passat. o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.