Dodge Dart Forum banner

[UPDATE] 2013 Dodge Dart Trim and Packages

32K views 145 replies 31 participants last post by  Dave833 
#1 ·

Here is some new info on how Chrysler is streamlining all the Trims and Packages since the introduction of the feature packed and incredibly priced Dodge Dart GT. With all the trim levels, packages, prices and options walking in to a dealer to purchase a Dart could have ended up a huge nightmare but thankfully that will no longer be the case. So let's get right to it shall we? The Dart SE starts at $16,790 with cruise control optional at $225. The SXT starts at $18,790 with a California Appearance Package that we do not have any details on as of yet. Surprisingly the Rallye is gone and being replaced by the DART SXT Special Edition Group (ASE) $595.00.

Details:
• Overhead Console w/Sunglass Holder (CUD)
• Passenger in Seat Cushion Storage (CVG)
• Dual Bright Exhaust Tips (NEL)
• Dual Rear Exhaust w/Bright Tips (NER)
• Underbody Aerodynamic Treatment (XXN)
• Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors (GNC)
• RR View Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone (GN5)
• Front Seatback Pockets, Driver/Pass (CSM)
• Illuminated Front Cupholders (CWP)
• 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet (JJJ)
• Vehicle Information Center (LAZ)
• Trip Computer (LEJ)
• LED "Racetrack" Taillamps (LBQ)
• Fog Lamps (LNJ)
• Tire Pressure Monitoring Display (XGM)
• Black Crosshair with B/C Surround (MFX)
• Black Headlamp Bezels (MFA)
• Active Grille Shutters (MDX)
• Speed Control (NHM)
• Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls (RDZ)
• Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth (RSP)
• Remote USB Port (RSX)
• Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel (SCC)
• 17X7.5 Aluminum Painted Wheels (WD3)
• Remote Start System (XBM)
• Automatic Headlamps (LMG)

The Dart Limited remains intact and starts at $20,790 and adds the new Special Edition Group (ADZ) $1,810.

Details:
• Premium Group (ANF)
• Limited Leather Seats (*G7)
• Power Express Open/Close Sunroof (GWG)
• Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control (HAF)
• Heated Steering Wheel (NHS)
• Universal Garage Door Opener (XGD)
• Garmin GPS Navigation (JLN)
• Heated Front Seats (JPM)
• LED "Racetrack" Taillamps (LBQ)
• Uconnect 8.4N CD/MP3/NAV (RB5)
• SIRIUS Satellite Radio (RSC)
• SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM)
• SiriusXM Traffic (RSS)
• 1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service (X9B)
• 1-Year Sirius Travel Link Service (X9F)
• Additional Subscription Fees Apply (X96)
• For More Info, Call 888-539-7474 (X9A)
• Leather Wrapped Shift Knob (CVB)
• Remote Start System (XBM)

Cheers Moparian!!!

See less See more
#48 ·
Thanks, Moparian, but as you could probably guess, it raises more questions than it answered.

The initial post mentioned a XBM Remote Start as a standalone option - I don't see that anywhere - although it WAS part of the Popular Equipment Group for the SXT - I don't see that anymore either ...

Any idea what is in the Special Edition Group for the SXT?

The California Appearance Group for the SXT (and that is free - MSRP $0)?

The Premium Group on the Limited and the Special Edition Group on the Limited?

Thanks!!!!

#50 ·
Read the first post of this thread..... it outlines both SE groups. The Premium group for the Limited is the same as its always been, the special edition group includes it as part of the package. Remote start has always been part of a package, it was never stand alone. The options you see listed on the first post are all part of the respective package.

California Apperance Group is not free, I am in the south east and it is not available to order. Somebody in CA would have to chime in on what that includes and the pricing.

#51 · (Edited)
Thanks Moparian ...

I didn't realize the options in the first post were part of the group and not standalone.

Essentially, what they did is raise the base prices and combine the SXT with Popular Equipment Group, The Rallye, and The Rallye with popular equipment group.

So basically, the NEW SXT with Special Edition Group is about the same as the old Rallye with Popular Equipment Group for a LOT less money (and with Racetrack taillights thrown in). And maybe without the black nose (but it probably has it) and likely without the striped seats - although those might filter down to the SXT - not sure how that shakes out.

Overall, it looks like a good deal for the consumer, though.

Should likely increase the value of existing Rallye's also - although I would expect this as a model year change instead of a mid-year rework (that would simplify things like brochures and window stickers).

I'm not in California either, so if it isn't available elsewhere, that's fine - I assumed it was something "California-ish" - like maybe a sunroof/Alpine package or sth.

Old PDF with options is here - http://www.dodge.com/pdf/brochure/2013/dart.pdf - but as you said, it is really only useful now if you are browsing what is on the lots.

#52 · (Edited)
The SXT Special Edition group is the Rallye appearance including the black front plus the other stuff.

If anything this will drive down the value of the Rallye because you can get the same thing cheaper now, just without a Rallye badge. Expect to see rebates/bonus cash to come out for existing cars on the lots sooner rather than later.

#54 · (Edited)
I'll check. Didnt look.

Looks like you can get all black, Black/Light Frost and Black with Diesel Gray accents(should be the same striped seats). The black with Ruby Red accents, Diesel Grey with Citrus accents and the diesel grey interior options are gone completely.

Limited and SE seats stay the same.

#61 ·
Sorry for the long comments ...

Oddly, what Dodge is doing with the Dart is VERY similar to what Ford did with the Focus between the 2012 and 2013 model years, although I think Dodge has a better handle on customer desires.

In 2012, there were essentially 6 Focus models:

• There was a Focus SFE, which would be analogous to the Dart Aero - although I didn't pay a lot of attention to either model.​

• The Focus S was obviously the entry model with smaller wheels, hubcaps, and not even power windows at all four corners - it's main purpose was to allow Ford to say you could buy a Focus for under $16,000. It would be analogous to the current Dart SE (no offense to SE owners).​

• The Focus SE was a fairly basic model with hubcaps and minor upgrades from the S. It would be analogous to the Dart SXT - although the SXT is a bit upscale.​

• The Focus SE with sport appearance package sold for $700 more and added a sportier interior, 4-wheel disc brakes, fancier grille, alloy wheels and a sportier interior package. Feature-wise, this is analogous to the Dart SXT Rallye, while price-wise, it would be analogous to the SXT with Popular Equipment package.​

• The Focus SEL was a mid-level car - it had dual electronic HVAC, but lacked leather seating, but had ambient lighting as an option, but not Sirius - and could be ordered with Sync but without MyFordTouch - which would be similar to Uconnect without the 8.4-inch screen. Opposite of above, it was featured more like the SXT with Popular Equipment package, but priced more like the Rallye.​

• The Focus Titanium was the top model and roughly equivalent to the limited.​

For 2012, the following changes were made to the lineup:

• The SFE was relatively unchanged, similar to the Aero.​

• The Focus S got cruise control standard and got SYNC and Sirius as options, but dropped from around six colors to 4 - similar to the Dart SE getting optional cruise control.​

• The Focus SE lost fog lights, but got the SE sport appearance alloy wheels standard. Dodge didn't really make similar changes to the Dart SE.​

• The Focus SEL and Focus SE Sport appearance options were dropped from the lineup, however, there was a Performance Appearance package added to the SE model for around $2700. This really didn't match any of the previous cars - it could have graphite wheels came with leather seats, ambient lighting, fog lights, and 4-wheel disc brakes, but no electronic HVAC. (The Focus Sport Interior was dropped, while the Dart kept one of the Rallye interiors and dropped 3 of them and one of the base SXT interiors). This model is analogous to Dodge introducing the Dart SXT with Special Equipment Group, and dropping the SXT Popular Equipment Group, Rallye package, and Rallye Popular Equipment Group. (Although it is worth noting that pricing went the opposite way between the two companies - i.e. the Focus SE with Performance Appearance Package was almost the same price as a Focus Titanium, whereas the Dart SXT with the Special Equipment Group is essentially the same car as the Dart Rallye with the Popular Equipment Group - but priced at worst the same as the previous Rallye base model (i.e. The Special Equipment Group is the same price as the old SXT Popular Equipment Group, but includes all the upgrades of the Rallye model, but the base price of the SXT has also increased)).​

• The Focus Titanium saw no significant changes, while the Dart Limited saw some options (like the Sunroof) included for no price increase from the previous Limited without the sunroof.​

• The Focus ST was introduced, which would be analogous to the R/T or now the GT model.​

No real point here - other than both companies seem to be doing similar things, but IMHO, Dodge is making better changes. Basically, Dodge's changes make sense to me, while Ford's did not:

• For Ford, the Focus SE Sport Appearance and SEL were popular "niche" models. The 2013 SE added alloys, but the base price increase as much as the Sport Appearance package previously cost - while it dropped fog lights and the piano black grille. The 2013 SE with Performance Appearance package was priced similarly to the old SEL - but was really NOT the same car.​

Now for the Dart:

• I think all the base prices went up about $700 - that tends to get glossed over, and there isn't much you can do about it, but when you look at some of the savings on options - that factors into the net cost.​

• On the SE - cruise control seems like a minor issue - but it is often expensive to add-on factory if it didn’t come on the car originally, and it is hard to add aftermarket without it looking tacky. I would have most likely passed on the SE due to it not being available. I'm still more likely to go with the SXT or SXT with SEG, but now I could be happy with the SE if I decided to go with that.​

• On the Rallye and the SE SEG - Dodge essentially combined three options: They had the PEG for the SXT which gave a lot of convenience features, the Rallye model which gave a lot of sporty looks, and the Rallye PEG, which was the looks and convenience. Essentially, what Dodge did is drop the SXT PEG, and offer the old Rallye with PEG for the same price as the old base Rally model. Hard to argue with the logic of that - i.e. the base model SXT customer can still get that car (although for $700 more). The SXT PEG customer now pays the same increase in price, but gets the appearance upgrades of the Rallye package at no charge. The previous base Rallye customer now gets the SXT SEG and pays about the same price as he would have for the base Rallye package, but gets the Rallye PEG thrown in free. And the previous Rally PEG customer essentially gets the SXT SEG and get the Rally PEG at no additional cost.​

• It seems like Dodge dropped the graphite Rallye wheel option. Personally, I never liked that look (just let my wheels get a month or two of brake dust if I want them to look gray), but I imagine they will still be available from direct connection or whatever Mopar parts are now - although it will cost more to swap out the delivered rims on the car than to swap them as an option pre-delivery.​

• I even have to agree with the interior streamlining. Of the seven previous options:​
o Black and Citrus - way too trendy, and really probably only looks good on the Citrus exterior car.​
o Black and Red - similar, looks good on red or black or gray or silver cars, but not on all colors.​
o Diesel SXT - I'm surprised to see this go, but personally, I was considering either this color or the Frost (tan) color. Probably, I would have gone with Frost, but Diesel was easier to find.​
o Diesel/Diesel Rallye - if I got a Rallye, I would have gotten this color - but it is NOT as sharp as the black diesel rally.​
o Black Diesel Rallye - IMHO, easily the best looking of the Rallye interiors.​
o Black - Not a color I would want in the Southeast, but it is a popular color and you almost have to keep it.​

• The changes to the Limited are pretty much a win-win with the sunroof included free (except for those concerned with headroom or possible leaks).​

#62 ·
Okay, I was trying to update the brochure for everyone and for my own use and I ran across some things I don't understand - nothing I'm personally interested in, but ...

What is the base price of the Aero model (assuming it changed)?

The old brochure showed TFT as a standalone option on the Aero model, but I think this was a typo and if you get the 8.4, you get the TFT and if you don't, you don't.

The old brochure showed Garmin Navigation as an option on the Aero model, but I don't see it listed above.

I assume the 17-inch Hyperblack Aluminum wheel that used to be optional on the Rallye is no longer offered?

There were 11 SXT colors and 12 Rallye (and Aero) colors - I think Citrus Peel was the only difference - I'm guessing it was dropped - not sure?

What is different between:
RB5 Uconnect 8.4N CD/MP3/NAV $495
RB6 Uconnect 8.4N Touch CD/MP3/NAV $495
AMT 8.4" Uconnect Touchscreen Group $595

I'm assuming AMT is the 8.4 screen and is a requirement for ordering RB5 and RB6, but I don't know what is different between RB5 and RB6?

Also - I'm assuming any of those options (AMT, RB5, RB6) get you the floating bezel and the 7-inch TFT, but I'm not positive of that?

#63 ·
Aero- TFT and 8.4 are bundled together, 8.4N is late availability option.
17" and 18" Hyperblack wheels are no longer offered
Colors are still the same.

RB5- US(sirius/xm)
RB6- NA(no sirius/xm)
AMT is a requirement on the SXT to get the RB5, it includes the floating bezel but does not include the TFT. You can only get the TFT on the Limited, Aero and GT at this time.

#65 ·
New base price of the Aero model??? (or is it not known?)

Great info - Thanks - I didn't realize TFT was not included on the SXT with 8.4 ...

As what? As I said, there were 11 SXT colors and 12 Rallye colors. I'm assuming if Rallye was eliminated, Citrus Peel was also, but please confirm!

Thanks again for the info!!!
Citrus Peel is the only color not available on the SXT. $20,090 is the base price of the Aero including destination.

#66 ·
What would be the base price of the Limited now? Is it $20,790 or $19,995?

If it is $20,790 then there is really no savings I see when getting the Special Edition Group as it only comes out to $100 less than if I got it using the old packages.

Old:
$19,995 - Dodge Dart Limited
$2,400 - 1.4L 160 hp and 184 lb-ft MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo with 6-speed DDCT
$395 - 17-inch polished aluminum wheel
$895 - Premium Group
$995 - Technology Group
$225 - Racetrack LED taillamps
$895 - Power sunroof
$395 - High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlamps
$495 - 9 Alpine® speakers with subwoofer, surround sound and 506 watts
$195 - SiriusXMTM Satellite Radio
$495 - Garmin® Navigation with SiriusXM Travel LinkTM
---
$27,380

New:
$20,790 - Dodge Dart Limited
$2,400 - 1.4L 160 hp and 184 lb-ft MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo with 6-speed DDCT
$1,810 - Special Edition Group
$995 - Technology Group
---
$27,280

$27,380 - $27,280 = $100

Or is it
$19,995 - Dodge Dart Limited
$1,810 - Special Edition Group
$995 - Technology Group
---
$26,485

$27,380 - $26,485 = $895

$895 savings sounds a whole lot better than $100 savings.

#74 ·
You could upload the PDF to SendSpace.

Nice to know that the $795 delivery was actually included in the price on the first post. So a $895 savings on the limited is pretty good. But I really wish there was a appearance package to give 18-inch Hyper Black aluminum wheel, Body-Color Crosshairs with Black Surround, Black Chrome Headlamp Bezels and Body-color door handles. I talked with a dealer and they said in order to do this they would have to remove the parts from a Rallye and put them on the Limited after the car got delivered but I am sure there would have been labor charges to do that plus the charge for the wheels. And the fact that the Limited with Enter and Go would have buttons on the door handles would probably cause even more problems.

I have pretty much accepted I cannot get the exact look I want so I am jumping between the Bright White, Blue Streak, Bright Silver, Pitch Black and True Blue with the Black Leather interior. I really do not want to order but the only fully loaded ones with the Black Interior are 100+ miles from Jacksonville FL.

I hope some good news come next week. I really want to know if the 2.4L can be swapped out of the GT for a 1.4L. I see the GT with more features costing less than a Limited.

#84 ·
Maybe a different brochure. I know when I was researching there was different and conflicting information everywhere I looked. I found my car in transit to another local dealer and had my dealer trade a white limited on his lot for it so I didn't order mine. It had everything I wanted except for the racetrack lighting, which I should have after this week. Hyperblack wheels were a must on my list to help ground my color choice a bit.

#86 ·
So, is Citrus Peel in danger of going extinct?

#88 ·
I have hyperblack wheels AND a Citrus Peel Rallye! LOL, just poking fun. I'm pretty sure what I have doesn't matter anyhow because I doubt anyone will want mine after I put a crap load of miles on it. But I'll be glad they won't be a dime a dozen because I enjoy being just a little different.

#89 ·
The brochure actually is correct.

17-inch Hyperblack wheels WERE available on the Rallye.

18-inch Hyperblack wheels ARE available on the GT - R/T.

Moparian earlier said 17- and 18- inch Hyperblack wheels were not available, but the 18-'s still are.

The updated brochure pics I posted for the GT is inaccurate, but I said the GT info was not updated yet.

#90 ·
The brochure actually is correct.

Moparian earlier said 17- and 18- inch Hyperblack wheels were not available, but the 18-'s still are.
I meant on the Rallye. There is no Rallye anymore. They offered the 18's for a short time on the Rallye(last two months).

#100 ·
Sortof - You could still get the Hyperblack 18's from the Dodge dealer, so it's only rare if the car gets to be collectible - it's not like you couldn't put those rims on a Rallye - That said, since the Rallye Dart was only offered for six months or so, they all may well be collectables.

#98 ·
It was available to order from the dealer before I bought my car Dec 10, and I did have it checkmarked!
If I had ordered it that way, it probably would've got hung up a few extra weeks in production because of it! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.