About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner within the Dodge Dart News & Site News forums, part of the Dodge Dart Community category; You all will be seeing this at the top of every page...the link in the banner is safe, and it will take you to the ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner

Administrator
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      33 times
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

You all will be seeing this at the top of every page...the link in the banner is safe, and it will take you to the Vertical Scope (the new owner's) page explaining a breach in their security involving many of the forums they operate.

This breach occurred back in February, several months before this site was transferred to their servers. It's highly unlikely that anyone here would be affected in any way at all. BUT, VS wants to be sure it doesn't happen again, so, as the letter says, they're updating and revamping their security across all their sites--which now includes us. The upcoming password change is all we're likely to see of it, from what I can tell.

That's about all I know for now, but hit me up here if you have any questions. I'll be glad to find out anything I can for you.

Neil
      Shaeffer and pkgmsu2000 like this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is going to make a joke about
      sodium, but Na..

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      156 times
      Mentioned
      27 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Angry Verticalscope.com / Dodge-Dart.org hacked again/still?

Did Verticalscope.com get hacked again? I just got an email from someone named "Khanh" in an email thread containing my payment information for my Dodge-Dart.org Supporting Memeber Subscription. This "Khanh" was asking for my username, IP address and email address linked to my Dodge-Dart.org account.
      1 of 787

My 501(c)3 Charity - Cigars For Warriors

Engine
      Autolite Coppers, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR Heated Washer Nozzles, Ram Air Kit

Exterior
      "GLH" red pin striping, "Bullet" Antenna, Red Vinyl Wrapped Crosshair, Plasti-Dipped badges, MOPAR Vent Visors, GT Sport Hood, Tinted Windows / (Soon) Plasti-Dipped rims, Tinted Headlights/Taillights(Aug 13) , Red Brake Calipers, Custom Functional Heat Extractor (in progress)

Interior
      Screen Protector, Husky Liners / (Soon) Illuminated cup holder

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1850 times
      Mentioned
      208 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      anTONYo likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      sodium, but Na..

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      156 times
      Mentioned
      27 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @pkgmsu2000 this is serious. This guy was responding to the email that had all my paypal information, kinda need to know WTF is going on. Seeing I didn't join until AFTER the above listed breach. If they are still compromised, we all need to know. @WERA689
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.
      1 of 787

Engine

Exterior
      "GLH" red pin striping, "Bullet" Antenna, Red Vinyl Wrapped Crosshair, Plasti-Dipped badges, MOPAR Vent Visors, GT Sport Hood, Tinted Windows / (Soon) Plasti-Dipped rims, Tinted Headlights/Taillights(Aug 13) , Red Brake Calipers, Custom Functional Heat Extractor (in progress)

Interior

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3014 times
      Mentioned
      146 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by MJZ View Post
      @pkgmsu2000 this is serious. This guy was responding to the email that had all my paypal information, kinda need to know WTF is going on. Seeing I didn't join until AFTER the above listed breach. If they are still compromised, we all need to know. @WERA689
      VerticalScope didn't even own the Forum Foundry sites yet when the breach in question occurred. Personally, I worry more about PayPal. They've locked down my account for "suspicious activity" at least a dozen times now. I've given up and decided to leave it locked down, because it's almost impossible to actually cancel a PayPal account.

Administrator
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      33 times
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by MJZ View Post
      I'm not sure I can see any way the two are related, MJZ. When Vertical Scope was breached, this forum was on physically (and electronically) separate servers, in another part of the world, under different ownership. Any changes to passwords and such are just part of their efforts to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
      As for your Supporting Membership payments through PayPal...the auto-renew on that should have been rejected by PayPal, as the old owners are no longer the correct account for these. You'd have to sign up for a new membership via the same post link you followed the first time, which would then go to Vertical Scope's account. If you wish to forward me what you received, I'll be glad to take a look at it for you. You can either PM me here, or you can send it to neilw@forumfoundry.com.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1850 times
      Mentioned
      208 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      whenever the new owners took over, i think this site has been running extremely sluggish, with pages taking a long time to load, especially with pictures. if guys are doing maintenance, its really slowing the site down.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      sodium, but Na..

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      156 times
      Mentioned
      27 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
      I'm not sure I can see any way the two are related, MJZ. When Vertical Scope was breached, this forum was on physically (and electronically) separate servers, in another part of the world, under different ownership. Any changes to passwords and such are just part of their efforts to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
      As for your Supporting Membership payments through PayPal...the auto-renew on that should have been rejected by PayPal, as the old owners are no longer the correct account for these. You'd have to sign up for a new membership via the same post link you followed the first time, which would then go to Vertical Scope's account. If you wish to forward me what you received, I'll be glad to take a look at it for you. You can either PM me here, or you can send it to neilw@forumfoundry.com.
      I think you are missing what I'm saying. I joined recently. Well after Vertical Scope took over and well after the breach. The payment I made for the Supporting Member through Paypal, was recently, so it went to Vertical Scope. I will forward you the email I received, but it's looking like you guys might have been breached, again, recently.
      1 of 787

Engine

Exterior

Interior

Administrator
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      33 times
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ok, I just got it. At first glance, it looks legit to me....though I'm not (yet) familiar with Khanh....I'm still getting to know the people at VS though, so that's not a major concern just yet.

What I'm seeing is that the email address from the eCheck isn't the same one that's on your account, so they couldn't match up the payment to your account here when they went to go verify it when you contacted them. I do, however, see that your account was credited with the Supporting Member tag on June 28, 2016. To my eyes, that all adds up to a big "No Problem Here", but I'll try to verify that Khanh is one of ours for you.

Neil

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      sodium, but Na..

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      156 times
      Mentioned
      27 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
      Ok, I just got it. At first glance, it looks legit to me....though I'm not (yet) familiar with Khanh....I'm still getting to know the people at VS though, so that's not a major concern just yet.

What I'm seeing is that the email address from the eCheck isn't the same one that's on your account, so they couldn't match up the payment to your account here when they went to go verify it when you contacted them. I do, however, see that your account was credited with the Supporting Member tag on June 28, 2016. To my eyes, that all adds up to a big "No Problem Here", but I'll try to verify that Khanh is one of ours for you.

Neil
      But that's just the thing... I didn't contact them. At all. I paid, waited, checked in with a few admin here and everything got squared away. I never emailed or attempted to contact anyone at Vertical Scope.
      1 of 787

Engine

Exterior

Interior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links