Dodge Dart Forum banner

[VIDEO] Wireless Charging Pad is An Industry First on 2013 Dodge Dart

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bianco 
#1 ·

The 2013 Dodge Dart is the first car brought to market with wireless cell phone charging integrated into the vehicle. It's going to be available as a $199.99 option (plus installation fees) from Mopar. Details are sketchy if this charging solution is a Mopar/Dodge OEM solution or if it is in fact made by Powermat. Regardless, this is an industry first and it is sure to make some smartphone users happy. According to Dodge the Dart's wireless charging area is a bin measuring 8.27-inches by 9.5-inches by 3.25-inches, located at the front center of the lower console area. The charging grid is activated by placing a compatible device into the bin. A required phone case that enables the charging is included. Here's the catch, Chrysler says the cases are compatible with a variety of smartphones but they don't actually say which ones. So Android users may find themselves unable to take advantage of this very convenient option. It's probably a safe bet that iPhone users will be able to take advantage of wireless charging and we will update this article when we hear what devices will be supported.

Source: Inside Line

#5 ·
I do not think it is powermat brand. Looks more like PureEnergy. Wire-Free Solutions | Shop Pure Energy

They are much more compatible with all kinds of phones. The make an adapter that plugs into the phone and connects to the back. But this is just a guess from what I saw in the video. Powermat conceals their metal conductors as well as energizer. Duracel and pureenergy are the only two that keep them out.

#6 ·
To me, its overpriced. I can get a $20 cable that will do the same thing. While this is cool...I don't see this as a big seller.

#12 ·
I am aware of that but anyone using the search function for the parameter "wireless charging" will be given this result....regardless of date...unless parse settings are modified to take date(s) into account so it is still a relevant thread! :)
Yes, phone technology has changed a lot in 3 years....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.