Dodge Dart Forum banner

[WINNER] Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition!

9K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Jimbo8v92 
#1 ·

Ladies and gentlemen the winner of the Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition is.......... @Nahu!!! Congratulations Nahu!! Here is the winning entry:

POWERPLANT: I think that now that the EVO is no longer, this NEEDS to be the competition against the STI's. Therefore I like the idea of taking the 2.4L Multi-air engine and giving it a little bore to make it a 2.5L Turbo engine to be in the same class as the STI making around the proposed 300hp and 300tq. The current STI is pushing 305hp and 290tq so I think that they will compliment eachother well, and the rivalry between Boxer vs. Multi-Air can begin! Bigger injectors to accommodate mods and not lean out, more powerful fuel pump, SRT tuned PCM, AWD obviously that has been announced but it is a necessity! Possibly taking some of the new Cherokee AWD tech and making it more performance geared. Transmission, this should remain a 6 speed manual, but not the same manual trans, a beefier trans with more holding capacity for mods and at least a clutch that can handle 450hp out of the box. There will be a HUGE market if all of these powerplant options are implemented and this DSRT becomes an STI competitor.

EXTERIOR: obviously and upgrade all around, a facelift with bigger air inlets, vented hood, front mount intercooler still (please not a top mount) led running lights, hids standard, dry carbon fiber accents ie. front lip, mirrors etc. widened fenders with possibly integrated vents for brake cooling for a better stance with wider tires like a 245/40r18 or 19, brembo calipers of course, since that seems to be the SRT caliper of choice, thinking a 4-6 piston front and a 4 piston rear, center exit exhaust, duckbill type spoiler in dry carbon, low profile antenna, rear roof diffuser, dry carbon rear diffuser with vented mesh sides. Side skirts body color with dry carbon fiber inserts or canards.

INTERIOR: I imagine that the interior will stay the same basic design of the current Dart since I don't believe it to be a complete overhaul but things that need to be added include, Carbon fiber instrument cluster surround, vent bezels, door trim mouldings, shifter surround. Integrated boost gauge like the NSRT had near the driver side center vent. Leather/suede racing style seats with SRT stitched into the seat backs, with bolsters to accommodate a 4 or 5 point seat belt harness like a recaro or sparco seat. I think another idea would be to add a spot on the dash or center console to add switches, gauges, etc. easily with an open back to tuck wiring and so forth, maybe where the pocket is behind the shifter currently. I would also love to see some new tech included with the Uconnect system including software to see vehicle operating parameters, like maybe a skin that has gauges to view oil temp, oil pressure, boost, AFR, etc in a nice touch screen with SRT logos everywhere. Color changing interior lighting, because not everyone wants red lol although I do. Premium sound system with subwoofer, most likely kicker since that is the Mopar speaker company of choice.

SUSPENSION/CHASSIS: The first big thing that needs to be revamped to make this a performance SRT Dart is to lighten it a TON! I know that the Dart is currently made to have a lot of sound deadening, which can be removed for the performance SRT model in mind. Tightened stiffer springs with less wheel gap and sport tuned struts, WAY bigger sway bars front and rear, front strut tower bar standard, chassis braces to stiffen the body, stiffer solid motor mounts for less loss to the wheels.

The good news is that once this is released, we at DRP will be dedicated to making the finest products to keep the SRT fast and pick up whatever HP/TQ that SRT left tucked away by making it emissions compliant and quiet.

See less See more
#12 ·
Basically use the setup that's in the hellcat as far as programming you can adjust launch control Rpms has two different screens with guages also change tunes for more streetable driving or track and you can see what kind of g-forces your pulling and time slips...and it's all accessible threw the 8.4"touchscreen it's crazy the technology in cars from the factory now and it's really just began as far as factory modern performance in american cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.