Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[GIVEAWAY] Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition!

10K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 ·

Ladies and gentlemen we are pleased to announce that we have one helluva giveaway this month! We are giving away to one lucky winner a Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition Sports Action Video Camera. Be sure to check out the video review above for a hands-on demo done by one of our tech guys on another site. Please keep in mind the video review is of the XS100i, and the only the difference between the two is that the XS100i has Wi-Fi. Here's a quick look at the XS100's features:

• Professional Sensor With Low-Light Performance Very light, Just 4.8 oz. Vibrates: Confirms Functions When Visual Confirmation Isn't Practical
  • G-Sensor (Auto Rotation) for "which end is up" assurance Waterproof up to 30'/10m Distortion-Free Ultra Wide Angle Lens Provides a 170 Degrees of Coverage
  • Aerodynamic Design and Shock-Proof Exterior Minimizes Wind Noise Single Button Record that's Easy and Ready for Action Video Options: 1080p, 960p, 720p
  • Dual File Recording; With Every HD Video an Additional Smaller File is Created For more Efficient Uploading and Sharing Still Image Options: 16MP, 5MP, 3MP, 1 x or 10x (burst) Shooting Mode + Time Lapse
  • Adjustable Frame Rate for 720p Allows Effects Like Slow or Fast Motion Shots-Even in HD <> Fulll Helmet & Handlebar Mounts Included <> Includes a One Year Warranty

So what do you have to do to win? Here's the deal; we want you guys -- and gals (staff included) -- to tell us what you think the 2016 Dodge Dart SRT should and could like. We're talking performance, features, body lines/kits, paint schemes etc. In order to enter for your chance to win your very own Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition you must reply to this thread with a minimum of 3 (5 MAX) things that you would like to see on the 2016 Dodge Dart SRT and you MUST elaborate on those things. A sure way to find yourself left out of the running is to post something like this:

1. Body Kit
2. Supercharger
3. Fat tires
If you want to win, give us some awesome, well developed thoughts and ideas! Photo-chops, diagrams, blueprints (exaggeration but certainly not discouraged) are all fair game.

**The contest will close on Thursday, Sept 18 2014 at 12:00 PM CST and which time we will select the winner to be announced later that day. **

See less See more
#2 ·
I would like to see number of things on the 2016 SRT Dart.
1. AWD- It needs to have the ability to not only have an option for all-time awd system for maximum performance, but a selector to make it come on when the system thinks its necessary (like the new 200s) and the option to be strictly RWD when you want to have some tail happy fun!

2. It needs an engine. The 2.4l Turbo needs to push AT LEAST 350 at the fly. It needs to compete with the new focus RS, which will be lighter, but you can expect a better DD from the SRT.

3. The front end need to be redone with the fog light areas a little squarer and that channel to the wheel well where, (#4)

4. Brembo Brake kit. Those vents have to channel to some upgraded, HOPEFULLY 5 piston (more likely 4) front brakes.

5. The eight or nine speed auto. They need to have the manual, but the auto needs to get the car down the track as fast as possible.

#3 ·
1. Paddle shifters
2. Sport mode (with adjustable suspension)
3. launch control
4. weight reduction
5. customizable tune configurations within the 8.4 inch screen. (that will also display 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile times, temps, boost, AFR's and all critical live time info)

6.. the RED key that unlocks 707 HP.. lol

#4 · (Edited)
jeez... where to start! lol

POWERPLANT: I think that now that the EVO is no longer, this NEEDS to be the competition against the STI's. Therefore I like the idea of taking the 2.4L Multi-air engine and giving it a little bore to make it a 2.5L Turbo engine to be in the same class as the STI making around the proposed 300hp and 300tq. The current STI is pushing 305hp and 290tq so I think that they will compliment eachother well, and the rivalry between Boxer vs. Multi-Air can begin! Bigger injectors to accommodate mods and not lean out, more powerful fuel pump, SRT tuned PCM, AWD obviously that has been announced but it is a necessity! Possibly taking some of the new Cherokee AWD tech and making it more performance geared. Transmission, this should remain a 6 speed manual, but not the same manual trans, a beefier trans with more holding capacity for mods and at least a clutch that can handle 450hp out of the box. There will be a HUGE market if all of these powerplant options are implemented and this DSRT becomes an STI competitor.

EXTERIOR: obviously and upgrade all around, a facelift with bigger air inlets, vented hood, front mount intercooler still (please not a top mount) led running lights, hids standard, dry carbon fiber accents ie. front lip, mirrors etc. widened fenders with possibly integrated vents for brake cooling for a better stance with wider tires like a 245/40r18 or 19, brembo calipers of course, since that seems to be the SRT caliper of choice, thinking a 4-6 piston front and a 4 piston rear, center exit exhaust, duckbill type spoiler in dry carbon, low profile antenna, rear roof diffuser, dry carbon rear diffuser with vented mesh sides. Side skirts body color with dry carbon fiber inserts or canards.

INTERIOR: I imagine that the interior will stay the same basic design of the current Dart since I don't believe it to be a complete overhaul but things that need to be added include, Carbon fiber instrument cluster surround, vent bezels, door trim mouldings, shifter surround. Integrated boost gauge like the NSRT had near the driver side center vent. Leather/suede racing style seats with SRT stitched into the seat backs, with bolsters to accommodate a 4 or 5 point seat belt harness like a recaro or sparco seat. I think another idea would be to add a spot on the dash or center console to add switches, gauges, etc. easily with an open back to tuck wiring and so forth, maybe where the pocket is behind the shifter currently. I would also love to see some new tech included with the Uconnect system including software to see vehicle operating parameters, like maybe a skin that has gauges to view oil temp, oil pressure, boost, AFR, etc in a nice touch screen with SRT logos everywhere. Color changing interior lighting, because not everyone wants red lol although I do. Premium sound system with subwoofer, most likely kicker since that is the Mopar speaker company of choice.

SUSPENSION/CHASSIS: The first big thing that needs to be revamped to make this a performance SRT Dart is to lighten it a TON! I know that the Dart is currently made to have a lot of sound deadening, which can be removed for the performance SRT model in mind. Tightened stiffer springs with less wheel gap and sport tuned struts, WAY bigger sway bars front and rear, front strut tower bar standard, chassis braces to stiffen the body, stiffer solid motor mounts for less loss to the wheels.

The good news is that once this is released, we at DRP will be dedicated to making the finest products to keep the SRT fast and pick up whatever HP/TQ that SRT left tucked away by making it emissions compliant and quiet. :smile:

#6 · (Edited)
First and foremost: A top notch interior. Since the SRT won't be a volume seller, the price point isn't going to be at the value level. Therefore, the Dart SRT could slaughter the competition with a high grade, driver focused, interior. Something which would be the polar opposite of the FRS/BRZ go-karts. Minimalist interiors are nothing more than a poor excuse for the manufactures to cut corners and keep pricing below the 30K level. IMHO, interiors sell cars. At the very least, the Dart SRT should have seats comparable to the SRT Challenger and 300's. All surfaces should be top notch leathers, soft touch high tech materials, and genuine carbon fiber inlays where gloss plastic usually shows up. In the same line of interior thinking, I think the market is begging for a barrage of tasteful "analog appearance" guages. Small war airplane style guages with needles moving and otherwise doing the information displays. Obviously, nothing is true analog anymore. But the older style appearance is way overdue for a comeback. I will go as bold as to say that the "IPad stuck on the dash" may have completed a life cycle already. Comfort, without assuming that people buying this car all weigh in under 140 pounds. Hi tech memory foam compounds for the seating surfaces and bolsters. Maybe even a special order of two different sized front seats. One for "kids" under 30 and another for Adults. It would be unique, and no one else offers it. Buy a BRZ and sign up for lessons in "masochistic pleasures".
Buy a Dart SRT and prepare to be Impressed from behind the wheel.
Secondly: Cut weight where it doesn't count and use more high tech materials in an exclusive chassis materials segment. The SRT shouldn't be a Pep Boys'd out Dart. It should be a flagship of the line. Lowered weight using materials other than steel in the chassis would allow for added weight of a all new larger displacement naturally aspirated engine good for at least 300 HP and torque out the wazoo. Again, the SRT not to be a follower of the likes of Ford with their already tired and questionable reliability on the EcoBoost toy engines. If done right, The Dart SRT could be a Mustang rival - at least in the new four and six cyl 2015 versions coming in Fall. Added to which, AWD should not be a big deal to pull off anymore in today's market and technology. DDCT paddle shift automatic being the standard, not unlike the Alfa 4C. The time has come for any car in the performance sector to be looked at seriously to be a super slick paddle shift gearbox. Saving on drivetrain options would allow more money for that gorgeous interior mentioned earlier.
And third: Body treatment. A new direction is needed and buyers have their checkbooks ready for something that doesn't look like every other Mazda or Honda out there.
It's probably a good time to go for a more "chiseled" look to the body lines - especially from the side view and three quarter angles. The lines of sportier cars have been on the soft and flowing end long enough. Like other fashions, it has to keep going round and round. So, until I can find some acceptable renderrings or even make one to post, I'm saying the body lines should be more sharp and loud, within the realm of "good taste". Perhaps even a totally different front and rear fascia for the SRT - including redone headlights and taillight areas. Just for the SRT version. You shouldn't have to look for the SRT badge or be left wondering "oooh...was that the SRT?"
It must stand out.
Hopefully some pics to follow. But I think you get the idea. Different, being the operative word across the board.
..... Dad's Dart.
So, since I don't know how to photoshop or do other renderrings, I'll show these lambo pics as a "general" front and rear treatment. Again GENERAL, for the sake of the chiseled lines I mentioned. I couldn't find anything else that doesn't have a gaping mouth of a Corolla,Focus,or other general Lexus style large mouth Bass massive "mouths" that look like they should be Hooked and NOT thrown back in. If you catch my drift.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car
Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Technology Car

#7 ·
Woohoo!

1) Like any SRT product, it needs a powerplant that keeps on giving. I've seen 300hp bandied about, but if they want to leaving everybody else bleeding in a ditch begging for their mommies, they should be aiming for at least 350hp, with later plans for something along the lines of the Hellcat, perhaps 450+hp.

2) As much as it needs to go fast, it needs to stop with enough force to force brain matter out of your tear ducts. Basically, if anything smaller than an 18" wheel can clear the massive rotors and multi-piston calipers, they're doing it wrong.

3) It has to be visually identifiable as an SRT without descending into "riced up obscenity" territory. Unique badges, SRT-only color schemes, subtle body modifications (with optional "wild" bodywork available from Mopar), that kind of stuff.

4) It has to be available at a price point where there is at least some hope of convincing my wife to let me buy one! :smile:

#8 ·
What do I think the 2016 Dodge Dart SRT should have?

Engine: 3.0L Pentastar V6 twin turbo to get it moving rather nicely.

Transmission: AWD with a clutch that can handle twice the rated torque of the engine. We know someone will come up with at tune and it would suck if it could only handle about a 20% bump like the current clutch. We will be paying enough to play with the SRT as it is.

Interior: Navigation standard on a 10" touchscreen equipped with an improved U-Connect interface and built in wifi. Why can't I mute the radio on the touchscreen with my U-Connect system is beyond me. If they could somehow get a little more rear seat legroom, that would be great. I'd love to be able to put a 35 pound bucket of kitty litter on the floor instead of the trunk. Restoring the lighted cup holder and the SD slot would be a nice touch too.

Exterior: Plum Crazy - nuff said

#9 · (Edited)
I personally think any SRT product should look aggressive and of course have more horsepower, here are some things I would like the Dart SRT to have:

1) A more powerful engine without sacrificing fuel economy, I know its difficult, but I'd prefer to have a more powerful engine at the cost of maybe -3 mpg from the current Dart

2) A high quality interior, I'm mentioning this because I'm the owner of a Dart SE, and to be honest, I do not like the interior quality, I have constant rattles from now and then, and it gets frustrating sometimes

3)AWD transmission is a must, All wheel drive would make the car more attractive for new buyers.

4)Weight Reduction would be nice too, more HP and more efficient aerodynamics due to the fact that the car weights less.

#10 ·
In my opinion the Dart SRT should have the following

1) A manual transmission, one that is actually enjoyable to go through the gears on and is capable of holding at least 40% more power than from the factory. I'd prefer a tried and proven trans over something in house. They need to consider and actively seek out the best options not just the best they have in house!

2)An engine that has just as much or more potential as the previous Neon and Caliber SRT. A well designed 4Cyl Turbo can make amazing power and be built to be extremely reliable under heavy abuse and are usually many pounds lighter than a comparable V-6. This engine should be mostly forged and beefed up from the factory as to position itself well above the competition (especially Subaru with their recent engine issues, ringlands anyone?)

3) I am actually against making the interior luxury based and overdone. The Neon hit the nail on the head, it needed good seats to make the driver comfortable and secure while letting that turbo bring a grin to your face and everything else was negotiable( to keep down on weight and cost). This next SRT4 doesn't need to be minimalist but it needs to offer the best "bang for the buck". If people want a luxury performance car and want to spend 35+ i think you are looking at the wrong car segment...

#13 ·
I'd like to see one of them fancy big wing things...But in all seriousness, here is my small list.

1- AWD with 300+ horsepower is a must. This Dart needs to compete with the big boys like the EVO and STI. Now with the Focus ST and RS, it's even more important. The current Darts are completely underpowered and it was a bit of a let down. Time to bounce back with the Dart SRT.

2- Upgraded interior. Take a look at the inside of a Focus ST. Ricardo leather seats, completely sporty looking, nice gauges that INCLUDE the boost gauge. I'd like to see new, upgraded features like this, it would go a long way.

3-Price Range. We all know the EVO and STI are frontrunners in this AWD,Turbo category. These cars also start at $40-$45K range. I'd like the Dart to start at the $30-$35K range. It will draw people in(as long as the specs are respectable like the competition). I feel offering a lower price than the competition is important since this is the 1st SRT Dart to be created. People pay for the STI and EVO because they're tried and true.

I'd say those are 3 important things to me. All in all, excited for the SRT Dart.

#14 ·
I realize a thread like this is not for a healthy debate , but, as far as the SRT Dart being up against an STI.... let me attach this, scroll down to "5 reasons to look elsewhere" and then pray that the suspension and drivetrain aren't engineered solely for Performance with such a huge capital P. I see no reason why a "sport oriented" car cannot find a middle ground between spirited driving capabilities and a comfy trip to the grocery store. So yeah... for me, NOT a SRT Dart that is meant primarily for track duty (or insane death defying feats on the interstates.) And EVO's ? Really? How many did Mitsu sell, and did anyone really appreciate what was trying to be delivered? That, plus it looked cheap inside like all Mitsu's.
Five reasons you don?t want to buy the new 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Torque News

#15 ·
SHORT SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT.
1) More low end tq! Supercharged engine would be nice.Who says the new hemi is out of the question..? At least 300-360hp stock would be great too. AWD is cool and all but a RWD would be alot of fun. v6 supercharged or a v4 turbo'd

2) Body wise i think it could use a more aggressive rear fascia. I love the booty, but there is such a thing as too big of a booty. Our current darts seem borderline. Also, AN EXTRACTION HOOD with a BUILT IN INTAKE would be awesome! AND IT BETTER NOT BE SOMETHING WE ARE JUST TEASED WITH. OH! and paint... cool paint colors. Freaking winter chill dsrt would be really cool. Or the new green on the Challenger SRT (the name of the paint escapes me, my apologies)

3) Braking wise. Some Brembo drilled and slotted rotors with 6 piston calipers would be really cool. (CARBON CERAMIC ALL THE WAY)

4) alright, modifiability. Im talking performance parts out the wazoo. Each car should be able to be modified to the drivers liking. I know we have quite a few track guys on here and sometimes stock doesn't quite cut it. SO some Mopar performance packages are in order. People want thier cars to behave differently and to be different altogether.

5) lastly... The dart could use some upgraded technology. I mean, compared to most average cars, the digital TFT and UConnect was freaking awesome. But im thinking auto adjusting mirros, seats and radio, set for each driver, IT STILL MUST HAVE AUTOSTART I FREAKING LOVE THAT. It needs a WORKING UCONNECT without bugs.

I KNOW i can only have 5, but this applies to all of the above. IT MUST BE AFFORDABLE. If you cant afford it you can get a different package deal for a cheaper price... I'm not gonna ppay upwards of 40,000 dollars for a car like so. IF i get less stuff on it and can get it for a few thousand less... HELL YEAH.

#16 ·
I'm not real picky with performance specs, but this Dart should uphold the SRT reputation.

1) Since the SRT will supposedly have AWD, I want to feel it kick off the line. I don't want it to feel much like the others - if it's a four cylinder, why does it have to feel like one? Why does it even have to be a four cylinder? Throw a V6 in that baby. Like I said, I'm not picky about horsepower and torque and all of that, but I think I get the point across. Pedal goes down, car pulls nicely. A big title for the Dart is being a WRX fighter - I hope it can eat the STs, too.

2) A lot of our Darts here on the forum look absolutely awesome with body additions like the front splitter and the rear fascia and other Mopar parts. I hope to see the SRTs come loaded up with these - there shouldn't be too much to deck out on the SRTs, exterior wise.

3) Sweet factory exhaust. Don't get me wrong, the 2.4L with the dual exhaust we have now purrs so nicely. But when I start an SRT, I want people to look at it like, damn, what's up with that thing? Sounds awesome! Something throaty, that roars.

Not much for specifics, but I think these are pretty valid. Already looking forward to the new Darts. :)

#17 ·
Cant wait for the Dart SRT!!
1. Must be lightweight and quick! say 350+ HP and 300lb of torque. I have a friend with a Genesis coupe that pushes 350+hp so would so love for the SRT dart to beat those cars. Im not one with to much statistics but hey when I want to go, I really want to feel like there is no stopping me.

2. Yes, AWD but I wouldn't mind RWD just due to it being so much fun. And honestly I like the dart how it looks now but if we can just have a variety of ground effects that will be sweet so every dart owner have a unique look. (I know I want to stand out next to any darts) It will give the up and coming group of people to buying this car to make it how they like it. Unique.

3. Would love to see Plum Crazy in the color scheme or Sublime Green! Love those colors and idk maybe throw in a unique color like Laguna Seca Blue. Gosh how I love that color!!

Cant wait to see what 2016 has for us!!! almost paying off my dart and will love to trade it in for a Dart SRT if made correctly!

#19 ·
1.lowered with coils, and some different style fenders that are wider that give the car a aggressive stance. A revised front end with no cross airs and wjere you can see a front mount intercooler. Along with some thicker wheels and a three piece wheel design. Also with a hood that has heat extraction along with a hood scoop that funnels that air straight to the intake. And a mean looking rear diffuser with a huge single exit exhaust angled out the back.

2. On the engine.... something that would give the sti the middle finger. Something like a 2.4 with all forged internals. With a 74 trim turbo pushing 15 psi making like 450 at the crank lol

3.... the chassis...... ok so a lighter one of course made out of carbon fiber to reduce weight. Like the Lamborghini sixth element. Along with a awd drive train....

#20 ·
I like to see a Dart SRT built with a performance oriented point of view. 2.4 l turbo, six speed and very minimal extras. It would be cool to see an all blacked out SRT edition. It would also be cool if they only offered the SRT in colors such as citrus peel, header orange, bright blue, lime green, banana yellow etc. I would like to see a minimalist interior. Body wise I would like it to be based on the Dart with functional body kit parte like rear spoiler, ground effects, front spoiler and a hood with a functional scoop. In regards to wheels I would like to see it equipped with light weight 17" ten spoke wheels with performance tires. I think if they made an SRT Dart it should have model specific body side stripes and black out on the hood scoop as apposed to ralley type stripes on the hood, trunk, roof. I'm not sure which would be better anolog or digital gauges, but all the important parameters of the motor should be monitored. The new Dart SRT should be built as an all around fun performance car that could be used on the dreg strip or autocross course.

#21 ·
My ideas or wants aren't fun so much

1.) Sport/ECO mode - Do it like the Hell Cats. Two keys one for full on power and one for less power/fuel usage. It will be nice to have 350+ HP on tap but, not so nice in stop and go traffic.
2.) Stop and Go engine tech - Maybe build this into the ECO mode above.
3.) Customizable HUD - On the track at 100+ MPH, it is nice to see gauges without taking your eyes off the road.

Scott

#22 · (Edited)
My expectations for the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT

- 300 horsepower, 300lb-ft of torque
The DREAM every 2013 Dodge Dart owner had imagined to get up to. Sadly, that wasn't going to be a reality. Every 4 banger SRT has reached or almost reached 300 HP stock. I would pictured Dodge going all out for their Subie Fighter and as up there in stock HP or even more then it's competition. Hey, if they can pull 707 HP for the Hellcat Challenger/Charger, I'm sure they'll have no problem with the Dart SRT.

- Manual Transmission
As in the WRX STI, it only comes in manual transmission. I would say it would be only right for that much power (hopefully that 300 HP/TRQ+) to be controlled by the driver. But I could see it coming in automatic with sport mode and paddle shifters.

- Advanced AWD System
Already confirmed as an AWD, but, definitely going to be in STI territory. Would like to see the Dart SRT have a state of the art, one of a kind AWD system... Better then the STI.

- Sport Tuned Suspension
Lower to the ground for traction & aerodynamics. As well as for the purpose to reduce body roll, to improve steering response, handling in corners and road feel. Would like to see suspension tuned for autocross in mind as well.

- Performance Braking Package
Big Break Kit for optimum stopping ability from a top brand like Wilwood, StopTech, or Brembo

- Unique Exterior Components for Improved Aerodynamics
Ground Effects (chin spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser). Sleek ducktail spoiler. Hood with functional scoops.

- A Purpose Built Cockpit with Plenty of Optional Goodies
All top of the line sport models/vehicles come with really nice interior. I would like to see a the Dart SRT cockpit have a cockpit similar that of the '15 WRX STI. Meaning sporty, but clean cut. Embroidered seats with "SRT" logo on them. Also with a boost gauge installed in the vehicle already. LCD Touch Screen. BRING BACK THOSE HIDDEN PASSENGER SEAT COMPARTMENTS lol

- To start at under $30,000.
I would like to see the starting price under $30,000 with options that could drive the price up near that of the Subaru WRX STI & EVO.

#25 ·
alrighty then

so 2016 dodge dart srt... fantastic idea!... ok so i drive the se dart ... cons) no cruise control, this should be standard on all cars. clutch travel is to much decrease the clutchs travel. turbo yay or nay... i think the srt dart should be a super charged straight six, pleanty of room for it first off if the car was changed to RWD, still enough fuel milage to justify if stock and more engine to play with mods.. offer it with or without the charger.. everyone was under the impretion this would be the new go to tuner car.. the 1.4l turbo is great for that but what about the 2.0l ??? no mods availible at all.. the srt should have parts availible to interchange without waiting ten years. see the FWD is good for snow but we all love a good RWD that we can take sideways :) i think the paint schemes should be a two tone, dark colors together like grey on top black on bottom or granite black with a greyish black would be awesome .. any colors would really be ok but the dart really has those darker colors on its side. NO STUPID HUB CAPS. RIMS RIMS RIMS please dont stick nasty looking hub caps on the SRT. padel shifter, no these wont do, standard 6 speed tranny or automatic 8 speed , those 8 speed trannys have alot of benifit, sure more gear changes but with the right gear ratios 8 speed would work to keep the car at higher rpms to really get through the gears. body style is nice and great looking as is but alittle hood scoop hear tint there and low profile spoiler would go along ways with the looks of this car .. hope i was helpfull not looking to win anything just wanted to get my input in ... sorry for the formatting i suck at writing forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.