General Questions
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

General Questions

This is a discussion on General Questions within the Dodge Dart Maintenance forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; hey everyone, I'm having a couple of maybe maintenance issues just wanted some general feedback. first I'm finding a serious issue driving my car in ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By josh16
    • 1 Post By jsblanch

Thread: General Questions

Newb
      Rep

is In Flames We Trust \m/

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Citrus Peel
      Mods
      Sirius Satilite Radio
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

General Questions

hey everyone, I'm having a couple of maybe maintenance issues just wanted some general feedback.

first
      I'm finding a serious issue driving my car in respect to smelling outside aroma's? cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, etc. changed the cabin filter about a year/20,000km ago, I've never experienced this in regards to driving a car with all of the windows closed, with or without the HVAC(heating and cooling) cabin system running.

second
      fabric seats, is anyone else having an issue with stains really staying in the fabric for a very long time? any advice towards getting the stains out/ is scotch guard effective in protecting agasint this?

third
      is there a common guide\manual for trim parts in the cabin of the car so far as part numbers?

forth
      I have a carbon fibre wrapped hood, roof, trunk lid on my car, not sure if this is factory or after market, I notice after about a week from cleaning the car it turns like a whitish black color, until I wash it again, any product I can use to keep it black for longer.

fifth
      is there any secret menus with the dashboard, when I had my 300 I used to be able to pull up a diagnostic screen that would show me like battery power level, fuel levels, etc etc.

thank you in advanced, for taking time to read this

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4
      Liked
      150 times
      Mentioned
      39 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by CITRUSPL View Post
      hey everyone, I'm having a couple of maybe maintenance issues just wanted some general feedback.

first
      I'm finding a serious issue driving my car in respect to smelling outside aroma's? cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, etc. changed the cabin filter about a year/20,000km ago, I've never experienced this in regards to driving a car with all of the windows closed, with or without the HVAC(heating and cooling) cabin system running.

second
      fabric seats, is anyone else having an issue with stains really staying in the fabric for a very long time? any advice towards getting the stains out/ is scotch guard effective in protecting agasint this?

third
      is there a common guide\manual for trim parts in the cabin of the car so far as part numbers?

forth
      I have a carbon fibre wrapped hood, roof, trunk lid on my car, not sure if this is factory or after market, I notice after about a week from cleaning the car it turns like a whitish black color, until I wash it again, any product I can use to keep it black for longer.

fifth
      is there any secret menus with the dashboard, when I had my 300 I used to be able to pull up a diagnostic screen that would show me like battery power level, fuel levels, etc etc.

1) I haven't had any issues with outside odours. Perhaps try changing your cabin filter again? I try to change mine every year just to keep things fresh.

2) I've found that a handheld steamer works great for cleaning the seats. They are fairly cheap at walmart

3) Not sure what you mean about this one. If you are trying to remove trim pieces search for viperman's thread on here. It has alot of detail

4) I think they make protectant/waxes for vinyl wraps. That may help this issue

5) If you have the 8.4 follow these steps for the secret menus (Hacking Uconnect 8.4A and 8.4AN - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum)
      CITRUSPL likes this.
      2014 Dart Rallye

Modifications:
      Appearance:
      Solargard Tint (22% front, 17% rear)
      Mopar "Dart" Sill Guards, front and rear splash guards
      Brighttails error free full LED conversion (interior, license, reverse)
      Gloss Black Plasti-Dipped 17" Rallye Rims, Red Painted Calipers
      Morimoto 9012 HIDs 5000K & H11 LEDs 5500K
      TFT display

Performance:
      HPSI cold air intake with ram air
      RRM Stage 1 (Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley)
      Sprint Booster
      Champion RE16MC Copper plugs (gapped 0.047)

Newb
      Rep

Vehicle
      Mods
      Sirius Satilite Radio
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by josh16 View Post
      1) I haven't had any issues with outside odours. Perhaps try changing your cabin filter again? I try to change mine every year just to keep things fresh.

2) I've found that a handheld steamer works great for cleaning the seats. They are fairly cheap at walmart

3) Not sure what you mean about this one. If you are trying to remove trim pieces search for viperman's thread on here. It has alot of detail

4) I think they make protectant/waxes for vinyl wraps. That may help this issue

5) If you have the 8.4 follow these steps for the secret menus (Hacking Uconnect 8.4A and 8.4AN - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum)

gonna try the filter
      great idea with the steamer
      thank you
      great call
      I just have the standard dash with the tiny computerized part...lol

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3198 times
      Mentioned
      164 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by CITRUSPL View Post
      fifth

It looks like some really cool member already posted something about that here: Secret Test Mode Screns on Uconnect 8.4N

But seriously, there are no secret screens that do anything useful and no way to display any diagnostic information about the vehicle.

Newb
      Rep

Vehicle
      Mods
      Sirius Satilite Radio
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      It looks like some really cool member already posted something about that here: Secret Test Mode Screns on Uconnect 8.4N

But seriously, there are no secret screens that do anything useful and no way to display any diagnostic information about the vehicle.
      fair enough! I don't have the 8.4 screen but thank you!

Sponsored Links