Turn signal all in one resistor?
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Turn signal all in one resistor? within the Dodge Dart Lighting forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Hey guys I know a resistor needs to be used on the front turn signals but has anyone ever tried one of those all in ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Cntrollerfanboy

Thread: Turn signal all in one resistor?

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Hey guys I know a resistor needs to be used on the front turn signals but has anyone ever tried one of those all in one resistors? like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1DMDMQXPSM323
      From what ive read on the forum you need to use a bunch of different resistors for the front turn signals and thought this might be a solution to that?

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1809 times
      Mentioned
      261 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mixalot2009 View Post
      Hey guys I know a resistor needs to be used on the front turn signals but has anyone ever tried one of those all in one resistors? like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1DMDMQXPSM323
      From what ive read on the forum you need to use a bunch of different resistors for the front turn signals and thought this might be a solution to that?
      Tried something similar. Did not work. Since the turn signal lines have both the park light circuit and the turn signal circuit on it, a single resistor on each line will not work. That is why my write up uses the resistors it uses.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Tried something similar. Did not work. Since the turn signal lines have both the park light circuit and the turn signal circuit on it, a single resistor on each line will not work. That is why my write up uses the resistors it uses.
      Dang. Do you know a diagram to wire up the front turn signals? I cant find a consistent answer whether to use 50w, 25w, or 10w and on what lines to use them on and the colors etc.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      3983 times
      Mentioned
      599 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Dang. Do you know a diagram to wire up the front turn signals? I cant find a consistent answer whether to use 50w, 25w, or 10w and on what lines to use them on and the colors etc.
      follow these two threads from @Cntrollerfanboy and you should be heading in the right direction -
      LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D
      Switchback DRL's
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      follow these two threads from @Cntrollerfanboy and you should be heading in the right direction -
      LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D
      Switchback DRL's
      So from what i gather you need a 25w on the turn signal and a 50w on the parking light. I could'nt find what wires are what color on the harness though. Is that on a wiring diagram?

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1809 times
      Mentioned
      261 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So from what i gather you need a 25w on the turn signal and a 50w on the parking light. I could'nt find what wires are what color on the harness though. Is that on a wiring diagram?
      See this post here, it might help out. Switchback DRL's

In that post it shows the color wires and what they each are. With that being said, from my pictures in my other thread, it looks like the parking light circuit wire is the center one, while the positive for the turn signal is the furthest one to the side that is NOT black. The black is obviously ground.

The other thing is for canbus LED bulbs, you will only need ONE resistor on the parking light circuit. It is best to get all 4 incase you do need it. If you are not sure and you install all 4, if the passenger side goes out once you start moving (and I mean like the entire side corner marker and turn signal) then you have a canbus bulb. Those typically have resistance build into their design and adding too much resistance will knock it out. In my experiences, this does not harm the car. I simply turned the lights off and back on and it came right back on. However it will go back out when you move again. I think this has to do with the car's parking circuit coming at at certain times. In a manual (like my car) it does not activate until my parking brake is down and I start rolling. For autos I am not sure, I believe it is right when you take it out of park.

The newer, more expensive and brighter LED bulbs on the market at typically canbus, while the older SMD basic bulbs are not. I originally had the basic ones, and my write up with 4 resistors worked great, then I changed to a canbus bulb and needed to remove the one on the passenger side and then it worked flawlessly.
      Last edited by Cntrollerfanboy; 01-03-2017 at 02:43 PM.
      Mixalot2009 likes this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      See this post here, it might help out. Switchback DRL's

In that post it shows the color wires and what they each are. With that being said, from my pictures in my other thread, it looks like the parking light circuit wire is the center one, while the positive for the turn signal is the furthest one to the side that is NOT black. The black is obviously ground.

The other thing is for canbus LED bulbs, you will only need ONE resistor on the parking light circuit. It is best to get all 4 incase you do need it. If you are not sure and you install all 4, if the passenger side goes out once you start moving (and I mean like the entire side corner marker and turn signal) then you have a canbus bulb. Those typically have resistance build into their design and adding too much resistance will knock it out. In my experiences, this does not harm the car. I simply turned the lights off and back on and it came right back on. However it will go back out when you move again. I think this has to do with the car's parking circuit coming at at certain times. In a manual (like my car) it does not activate until my parking brake is down and I start rolling. For autos I am not sure, I believe it is right when you take it out of park.

The newer, more expensive and brighter LED bulbs on the market at typically canbus, while the older SMD basic bulbs are not. I originally had the basic ones, and my write up with 4 resistors worked great, then I changed to a canbus bulb and needed to remove the one on the passenger side and then it worked flawlessly.
      Alright so 25w on the left turn signal, 50w on the left parking light and 25w on the right turn signal? Great. I couldn't find a wiring diagram for the headlights either and I've never spliced a cable and don't want to do the wrong cord. Do you know what cables are what on the turn signals off the top of your head?

Sponsored Links