Dodge Dart Forum banner

LED headlight recommendations

17K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dartken 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. Wrecked my Dodge caliber and just got my 2015 Dodge dart yesterday. Had my Caliber decked out with led everything and now that I have the Dart and I want to do the same to that. Thanks to the forum I've found solutions for everything but headlights. Yes I realize I could hid and get "better everything blah blah" I've had hid and didn't care for them since they are temperamental and they take a second to turn on and the list goes on. It's a personal preference. I had led headlights in my Caliber and loved them however they didn't have projection headlights and so I need some help finding a LED solution. And before anyone posts it yes I've done the search function lol that's how I found the other light solutions.

#5 ·
is there a specific reason you want the HIDs to be your DRL as well? Its not like they are going to make any difference in the day time... But you can check out where I got my HIDs, they are a great company with fantastic customer service!

https://www.xenonsupply.com/collections/dodge-dart/products/dodge-dart-hid-xenon-kit

They work seamlessly with our Canbus system... so there is no need for the wiring harness or capacitors...

#8 · (Edited)
My last update to the headlamp guide includes LED data. They land kind of in-between Halogen and HID's. IMHO, not really worth it quite yet for headlamps.
IMHO, I won't get anything other than TRS gear for HID's anymore. I've tested almost every manufacturer out there, and the top to are DDM and TRS. TRS has a higher quality product, and their support team rocks.

Almost forgot....
The Xentec system ballasts will last about 9 months, and they don't offer the bulb you need for the Dart. You'll have to go with a 9006 and modify it. It's a bit interesting to get the bulb lined up right in the housing. If you don't get the light source in exactly the right spot, it gets weird. (ONLY projector I've had such an issue with I might add.) Oh, and you're guaranteed to get the headlamp error light a lot. With HID kits, you usually get what you pay for, and cheap kits are exactly that. Not to say you can't pay too much either, but you definitely don't want to go cheap.

#10 ·
I would check out my information here http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...nitial-review-unboxing-xenon-vision-hids.html

As they are a supporting vendor for our forums, and they have probably the most superior HID kit on the market that I have tested for the dart. The TRS canbus kit will throw errors, the TRS Mopar 15+ spec kit is WAY TOO MUCH, and I tested it before and it had errors also, and anything else just does not compare to Xenon Vision. Including the price!

Here is a link to their forum post with all the info you need to buy which goes along with my install thread.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/xen...05-conversion-kit-starting-79-99-shipped.html

Be sure to note the discount code :
Please use Coupon Code "dodge-dart" at checkout to receive 20% OFF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.