LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D - Page 5
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D

This is a discussion on LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D within the Dodge Dart Lighting forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; So I caved and got a set of switchbacks. I'm guessing none of you have switchbacks that run white in DRL mode? Mine are amber ...

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So I caved and got a set of switchbacks. I'm guessing none of you have switchbacks that run white in DRL mode? Mine are amber in DRL, then change to white when I turn on the headlights.

Is there any way to get them to be white in DRL mode?

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      3979 times
      Mentioned
      596 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Haggis View Post
      You have type 1 switchbacks which are Amber DRL / White Turn-Signal. For what you are looking for you want type 2 switchbacks with White DRL / Amber Turn-Signal.

Edit: I think I miss read your question, because of that I'm not sure if I did answer it correctly or not. I'll let one of the other lighting guru's on the .org take a stab at answering.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 09-09-2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added edit
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1808 times
      Mentioned
      260 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Haggis View Post
      So I caved and got a set of switchbacks. I'm guessing none of you have switchbacks that run white in DRL mode? Mine are amber in DRL, then change to white when I turn on the headlights.

from my experience I have not been able to get this to work. I have always had my running lights feature turned off because it will burn the stock housings up if you run the stock bulbs. If you run with them on, they will be amber when the head lights are not on.

This is how it is programmed to work in the car. When the running lights are ON in the touch screen settings, when you start driving (automatics will be when you put it in drive, manuals will be when you drop the parking brake and start moving), the lights come on. When they come on they are on FULL brightness even when the car has no lights on, this is also true if you have the center switch selected, which will turn your fogs and corner markers on, along with your tail lights, but not the headlights. When you turn your headlights on it goes to half brightness. Think of the blinkers. When you have the stock blinkers, it will go FULL-half-FULL-half. They never actually turn off.

The only way to get around this is to turn running lights OFF in the touch screen setting. If you do not have a touch screen, you will need to make a dealer trip and they can turn it off for you.

I have mine turned off, and when I have my headlights on, or just in the center selected option they are white. The only time they are amber is when I turn the signals on. That is what you are looking for.
      un4givn85 and youngsmith53 like this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is v^

Vehicle
      '14 Dodge Dart Rallye
      Mods
      30/5% Tint, Mopar Remote Start, K&N drop-in, TRS 5500k HIDs, LED fog light bulbs
      Liked
      497 times
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      from my experience I have not been able to get this to work. I have always had my running lights feature turned off because it will burn the stock housings up if you run the stock bulbs. If you run with them on, they will be amber when the head lights are not on.

This is how it is programmed to work in the car. When the running lights are ON in the touch screen settings, when you start driving (automatics will be when you put it in drive, manuals will be when you drop the parking brake and start moving), the lights come on. When they come on they are on FULL brightness even when the car has no lights on, this is also true if you have the center switch selected, which will turn your fogs and corner markers on, along with your tail lights, but not the headlights. When you turn your headlights on it goes to half brightness. Think of the blinkers. When you have the stock blinkers, it will go FULL-half-FULL-half. They never actually turn off.

The only way to get around this is to turn running lights OFF in the touch screen setting. If you do not have a touch screen, you will need to make a dealer trip and they can turn it off for you.

I have mine turned off, and when I have my headlights on, or just in the center selected option they are white. The only time they are amber is when I turn the signals on. That is what you are looking for.
      This is an unfortunate truth of our cars.
      '14 Dart SXT Rallye 1 of 256
      '15 Chrysler 200 S Black
      '93 Chevy K1500
      Visit the Dart Bible and then Find out how unique your Dart is, and then play The Dart Photo Game!

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

in...yo

Vehicle
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1808 times
      Mentioned
      260 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sorry for the month late reply @Bad_Haggis . If I was tagged I would have stepped in, but I did not even see there was any activity on this thread until now when I came looking for information to share to someone else lol
      youngsmith53 likes this.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dart GT
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I did install the Switchbacks DRL/Amber L&R LED bulbs with the 100w load resistor along with 2 LED decoders which works great to avoid the hyper flash & the 'PARK LIGHT OUT MSG' from popping up every min or so, but fails to cancel the 'Park light out msg' from apearing once I start the car, also after msg pops & disappears it turns off tail stripe "tail light" at night time or day, "if I was to turn lights half way.." Tried using 1 LED decoder on driver's side but still same 'PARK LIGHT OUT msg' pops up once, turns off tail light.

Tried same thing on Left side 'Fail as well, same issue' will replace load resistors that came with "Switchbacks DRL/Amber" for 50w instead of 100w. If I'm still getting same error will try adding the LED decoder on Driver's side and see if that finally solves the issue with 'Park Light out msg' from appearing everytime I start the car along with shutting down my tail light after 2 secs PARK LIGHT OUT msg goes away. Also for those looking to install LEDs headlights instead of HID, I replaced my Factory Halogen Bulbs with LEDs 4800lm. Without 50w load resistor I was getting 'low beam light out, issue solved after adding 50w load resistor on both sides. Also replaced my fog light halogen bulbs with Fog LEDs bulbs as well w/out load resistors as I got no error messages in regards to FOG LIGHT OUT. That's all the info I have to share for now.. Hoping I can get this 'Park light out msg' gone for good! I will post pics of my wiring set up soon as soon as I get this annoying error gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Just some pics that I forgot to update of my led install!

Parking light wire 50w 20 ohm (pictured is a 10w, it got a bit too hot for comfort so we used 50w)
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Attachment 51666

Turn signal wire 25w 8 ohm
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Attachment 51667

Got bigger wattage resistors for parking light wires. 100w used after the small above, too much. Didn't want to turn on. So we tried 50w, works great.
      Attachment 51668

Attachment 51669

Attachment 51670

Attachment 51671

Attachment 51672

I want to say the parking light wire is the wire in the center. There are three wires on the socket. Parking, turn signal, and ground. The grounds were all combined and used in a wire cap. I haven't messed with them in a while but I am pretty sure the center one is the parking light. I'll have to check. But if you use t taps like I did (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND), then you can just unplug and swap them.

My advise is to first install one resistor. Either parking or turn signal. Then turn the car one with leds in and use the signal. See if the "Parking light error" is gone or the Left/Right turn signal out, is gone. If it is, then you have successfully wired your resistor in right. If not, try swapping. We also ran into the issue where the driver side and passenger side seemed to be swapped... we did the same thing as we did on the driver side and were getting both park light out and turn signal out. We were baffled and said hm let's swap them? Boom. Maybe we are just stupid and grabbed the wrong wire. Highly likely. lol But anyways there is some info on the resistors!

Warning: Some switch backs don't like this setup. Specifically kinds with resistors already in them (canbus or error canceling leds).

Newb
      Rep

is ARTS DART

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero Manual 2008 Dodge Dakota ST
      Liked
      8 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thanks for keeping this thread alive Spiktsu...
      Been looking for a solution to the LED switchbacks for a while now...
      Hopefully we will have it figured out soon

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

in...yo

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      1808 times
      Mentioned
      260 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Acey2316 View Post
      Thanks for keeping this thread alive Spiktsu...
      Been looking for a solution to the LED switchbacks for a while now...
      Hopefully we will have it figured out soon
      Well this thread is stickied because mine have been working since I posted this. So it's been a little over a year and I have never had a park light out or turn signal out warning I think spiktsu is having an issue because he's added new tracklights that were not stock IIRC, and his way is causing issues with turning things off. He's also using LED decoders which I have experimented with, and it was never 100% working right. Mainly due to the parking light circuit being integrated into the same socket as the turn signal. There needs to be two different resistances on the parking light and the turn signal circuits so that is why I do not think the plug and play decoders will not work properly unless you add more resistors along with it, but I think it actually needs less on the park light and that is the issue. I haven't looked to much into his presented solution, since mine works great so I have stuck with it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links