LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D

    This is a discussion on LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D within the Dodge Dart Lighting forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Oh and just for a reference...I think you only need one resistor on the circuit to remove the error message (on the parking light side, ...

    User Tag List

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 50
    Like Tree21Likes

    Thread: LED front turn signals possibly figured out? :D

    1. #11
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      BlueDemon's Avatar
      is a Car Audio Guru
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      St. Louis, MO
      Posts
      449
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye
      Liked
      261 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      26 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Oh and just for a reference...I think you only need one resistor on the circuit to remove the error message (on the parking light side, because the driver side and passenger side are the same circuit.

    2. #12
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
      Oh and just for a reference...I think you only need one resistor on the circuit to remove the error message (on the parking light side, because the driver side and passenger side are the same circuit.
      We attempted that but we hooked it up on one side and left stock on the other and didn't get errors. Then when we did the led on the other side we got both the turn signal and parking light out even though we tapped the same exact wires... we looked at each other and thought maybe they are backwards? Why on earth would they be? We swapped the resistors on both wires and sure enough that fixed the issue...
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




    3. #13
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      4,975
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3194 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      164 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      We attempted that but we hooked it up on one side and left stock on the other and didn't get errors. Then when we did the led on the other side we got both the turn signal and parking light out even though we tapped the same exact wires... we looked at each other and thought maybe they are backwards? Why on earth would they be? We swapped the resistors on both wires and sure enough that fixed the issue...
      What's the impedance of the stock signal/DRL bulbs?

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #14
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      What's the impedance of the stock signal/DRL bulbs?
      I'm not quite sure, I'd have to ask him. He has a bunch of the info written down and I can't remember lol
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




    6. #15
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      youngsmith53's Avatar
      is Glorious
       

      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
      Posts
      5,748
      Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4195 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      651 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      now, sticky'd for the .org's convenience
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

    7. #16
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Still running strong no errors and even talked to Brighttails. He's gonna also test them out and get them up on his site once he verifies. My friend bryan is using a bigger watt resistor for the parking light. Since the one now is small and gets really hot. We are using a bigger one but the same ohm rating to hopefully help that a bit more.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




    8. #17
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      LEDs are still running flawless to this day. Didn't get a chance to install mine this weekend but going to get them in here in a couple days. Bought both only amber and switch backs to mess with along with bigger Wattage resistors. Looks like the fix is finally found. I'll post up picks when I get them in my car.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




    9. #18
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Bumping with update. Just got a video of my car last night. LEDs worked fine on my friends car. So we gave it a try on mine and same leds work great! Switchbacks though...

      Well those are a little buggy. It might be the brand of switch backs, but we think that the switch backs need a little less resistance. Installed one on driver side. Perfect. No errors no hyper flash. Operated normally. Passenger side, perfect. No errors, no hyper flash both worked great. Tested each side while not running (~12v) and running (~14v) and all seemed to work fine. So we put it all back together, I start the car. Everything is just fine. I drop the e brake to pull out of the garage, passenger side goes out... Not only the light. the corner parking light as well. Completely killed the right side. Driver side was just fine. Never had any issues on there, but passenger side was goofy. Put another regular amber LED bulb inside the passenger side, and no issues. Idk what is wrong with that side....

      We thought maybe a loose wire at first? We did fine a loose connection right when it started. Fixed it and thought it's all good. Then we realized something else was going on. Different actions like, dropping the parking brake, putting it in reverse, touching the brake, all caused that side to just die. We also noted the bulbs were getting HOT. We think maybe the ones I got have resistors in them already and it was getting too much resistance? As the normal ambers work flawlessly. We'll experiment more with different switchbacks and also different resistance but it's weird. But not far out of reach. I like the amber look anyways so I'm not too disappointed. Plus the white on the switch backs were SO DAMN BRIGHT. lol Like blinding. So by not using them I saved some people's eyes

      I'll post the video on my OP. No errors and properly functioning amber LEDS!
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




    10. #19
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      BlueDemon's Avatar
      is a Car Audio Guru
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      St. Louis, MO
      Posts
      449
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye
      Liked
      261 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      26 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Bumping with update. Just got a video of my car last night. LEDs worked fine on my friends car. So we gave it a try on mine and same leds work great! Switchbacks though...

      Well those are a little buggy. It might be the brand of switch backs, but we think that the switch backs need a little less resistance. Installed one on driver side. Perfect. No errors no hyper flash. Operated normally. Passenger side, perfect. No errors, no hyper flash both worked great. Tested each side while not running (~12v) and running (~14v) and all seemed to work fine. So we put it all back together, I start the car. Everything is just fine. I drop the e brake to pull out of the garage, passenger side goes out... Not only the light. the corner parking light as well. Completely killed the right side. Driver side was just fine. Never had any issues on there, but passenger side was goofy. Put another regular amber LED bulb inside the passenger side, and no issues. Idk what is wrong with that side....

      We thought maybe a loose wire at first? We did fine a loose connection right when it started. Fixed it and thought it's all good. Then we realized something else was going on. Different actions like, dropping the parking brake, putting it in reverse, touching the brake, all caused that side to just die. We also noted the bulbs were getting HOT. We think maybe the ones I got have resistors in them already and it was getting too much resistance? As the normal ambers work flawlessly. We'll experiment more with different switchbacks and also different resistance but it's weird. But not far out of reach. I like the amber look anyways so I'm not too disappointed. Plus the white on the switch backs were SO DAMN BRIGHT. lol Like blinding. So by not using them I saved some people's eyes

      I'll post the video on my OP. No errors and properly functioning amber LEDS!
      Link to your switchbacks? Because mine don't act like that at all. But if they are going out with the parking light...then you have too much resistance on the parking light wire.

      My new resistors should be in sometime this week. So as soon as I get them I will be killing this horse with a error free set-up for switchbacks...and I'll post all my links and such as well as plenty of pictures
      Blue Demon Build Thread

      Current Major Mods:
      20% Tint
      Full LED Conversion
      Full MOPAR Body Kit
      Deyeme Racing Hood Lift and Tow Loop Kit
      Flowmaster HP-2 Muffler to Y Pipe Dual Exhuast (Resonator&Muffler Delete)
      HPSI CAI Blue w/ Blue Filter (First Blue CAI Produced)
      Flat Black Roof and Demon Tribute Stripes

      Major Mods Coming Soon:
      RRM Spectrum Tuner & Pulley
      Progressive Rear Sway Bar
      Bwoody End Links
      HPSI Ram Air Tube
      Flat Black Hood
      PowerStop Drilled and Slotted Rotors

    11. #20
      Super Moderator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Cntrollerfanboy's Avatar
      is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Northern Ohio
      Posts
      4,150
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1818 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      276 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
      Link to your switchbacks? Because mine don't act like that at all. But if they are going out with the parking light...then you have too much resistance on the parking light wire.

      My new resistors should be in sometime this week. So as soon as I get them I will be killing this horse with a error free set-up for switchbacks...and I'll post all my links and such as well as plenty of pictures
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE




     

     
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. I think I figured out hao Starscream5000 does it.
      By Pretty Boy Floyd in forum Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: 05-02-2014, 09:14 AM
    2. sequintial turn signals
      By citruspeel13 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 01-27-2014, 08:29 AM
    3. BrightTails Turn Signals Gen. 1
      By T-Lo in forum Dodge Dart Electronics
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 12-25-2013, 06:17 AM
    4. LED Front Turn and Signals
      By 3rdof5 in forum Electrical
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 11-20-2013, 01:24 PM
    5. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 10-07-2013, 07:35 PM

    Search tags for this page

    2013 dodge dart front turn signal socket

    ,

    2013 dodge dart led turn signals

    Click on a term to search for related topics.