Dodge Dart Forum banner

Radio USB mode

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  WinnipegGT 
#1 ·
When I have my iPhone 5 plugged in the USB and click what song I want on the phone it plays a different song anyone else have this prob or know how to fix it

#7 ·
Funny thing is you can use your phone still with it plugged in for phone calls. It must be the way the usb connects to the phone for music there'd be cross-interference when trying to play via bluetooth or something idk but thats my guess.

#12 ·
The issue everyone is having with the select a song and it plays a different song is not an issue with the unconnect it is an issue with ios7 apple is trying to find a fix it happens with a lot of factory and aftermarket stereos.

#19 ·
it is because of apple you can't send or receive texts through the uconnect. It has nothing to to with Chrysler or uconnect.

#21 ·
The index file that lives in your radio wasn't updated when something likely changed on your iPhone. To fix it, you can either plug in a different iPhone and let it build a new index, or drastically change the songs on your iPhone 5 and force it to rebuild itself.

If you try and put the phone into BT, but still plugged into USB, the screen wont allow it.
I think the 8.4 has a "condition". If this, then it will display the message. All in the coding.... way above my knowledge.
USB mode overrides Bluetooth Audio (not including Bluetooth Hands Free). Irritating, but it's how the system works. I get around it by using a USB charger plugged into my 12V jack.

I have that issue with my ipod touch 5th gen, its annoying.... also off topic question here.... when I'm listening to a song, and I shut it off... saynthe song was #10 on shuffle, and when I come back to the car the same song will play, but the song # resets to 1
It's ... shuffling. This is a lot better than psudo-random shuffling, where the songs are always shuffled in the same order. I've had radios that do this and it's much more annoying. Shuffle should be like a box of chocolates...

The issue everyone is having with the select a song and it plays a different song is not an issue with the unconnect it is an issue with ios7 apple is trying to find a fix it happens with a lot of factory and aftermarket stereos.
iOS 7 broke a few things, including a total lockup when it finishes indexing if you are using iTunes Match. This is what led me to break down and purchase an iPod Classic. Best decision I could have made. Works MUCH better than an iOS device.

it is apple fault not the uconnect.
I disagree, and place the blame squarely on Chrysler. It's perfectly reasonable to expect a phone to have regular updates, and some of those updates will be disruptive. People like updates that add features. The villains in this scenario are the folks who made a unilateral decision to discontinue support for their product, even while it is still in production.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.