Dodge Dart Forum banner

Uconnect and multiple flashgdrives

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Skipjacks 
#1 ·
There's a single USB input in the centre console. Why it would be situated in such an awkward spot to install a flashdrive, and such a vulnerable location allowing for damage, is a mystery to me.
My question is however, can I install an adaptor and have 2, or 3, or more USB flashdrives connected at the same time without compromising the integrity of the Uconnect software? Will the Uconnect interpret, properly, the information coming at it from multiple flashdrives? Right now I have 2 (32 Gb) flashdrives full of music. I don't like having to change them if I don't have to. I feel like I almost have to be Houdini to exchange the flashdrives. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks........................Dave

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Uconnect will only read 32GB. I tried a 320GB USD hard drive with about 100GB of music on it. It recognized the drive but I could only access about 1/3 of the music.

I purchased 2 Kingston Digital 32GB DataTraveler Micro USB 2.0 (DTMCK/32GB) so they are not sticking that far out in the console. Search for B009CMN3V0 on Amazon. They are $13.50 each.

#7 ·
Funny you should mention the Kingston Data Traveler Micro 32 Gb. That's exactly the flashdrives that I have, and for the same reason. They're compact. If I can find a 64 or a 128 that size that would function properly, I'll go for that.
Thanks everyone for your imput.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.