Dodge Dart Forum banner

Royal Purple coolant in Dodge Dart

12K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 ·

I popped the hood today on a demo Dodge Dart (from the Texas Motor Speedway) and what I found under the hood surprised me....Purple Coolant. I'm not aware of another purple coolant other than Royal Purple "Purple Ice" Super Coolant. Pretty cool that they are using a premium coolant in this car. Does anyone know of another company that makes purple coolant? Pentosin maybe?

See less See more
#2 ·
There are lots of companies that make different colored antifreeze. Prestone has a purple antifreeze; Prestone HD if I am not mistaken. More than likely it is just some OEM stuff, not that it would make a difference over royal purple or anything else out there. A lot of times the color is just to make it easier to see in the overflow tank

#8 ·
****TOTAL OFF TOPIC ALERT****

Ck...so I just figured out you are in Texas too*! Ah hell....I forsee a Dodge Dart road trip in the future!

*You are in the great part of Texas....I am WAY up north, next to Sucklahoma!!!! My wife, is from Houston and my HQ office is in San Antonio...when I am called to head shed I always time my drive and route so that I just happend to have lunch at the SaltLick (Best BBQ in TX!)

"You may all go to hell, I am going to TEXAS" Bonus points if you can name the author of the quote!

#9 ·
Davy Crockett :) Went to the Alamo just a few months ago. If you roll through Austin let me know. I'll show you the offices and you can meet the crew. We got guns, trucks and cars lol. I just moved here 6 months ago and have fallen in love with Austin. San Antonio is a great city as well, had a blast there

Attachments

#12 ·
If you get beer and chicks I'll take a vacation... Is it true everything's bigger in Texas??? :haha:
Okay 90% of people won’t get this!

Texas rancher says to me, “My ranch is SOOOO big it takes 3 days to drive across it!”

My reply, “Yeah, I use to drive Chevy’s trucks too!”

Attachments

#18 ·
I'm not sure what their product line includes if someone wants to chime in. But I know Chrysler wanted the dart to be very low maintanance hence the 10 year royal purple coolant. Also you don't have to ever refill the hydraulic clutch fluid for the DDCT.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.