What did you do to your Dart today? - Page 607
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

What did you do to your Dart today?

This is a discussion on What did you do to your Dart today? within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Oil change using the Pennzoil Euro spec synthetic oil and drained manual trans out and filled with Royal Purple Syncromax. Big difference in smoothness and ...

User Tag List

Page 607 of 613 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 ... LastLast
    Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 6124
    Like Tree429Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Dart today?

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 6speed Manual
      Mods
      K&N Typhoon CAI, Go Fast Bits DV+, Deyeme Racing Firm Transmission Mount, CDV Delete
      Liked
      25 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Oil change using the Pennzoil Euro spec synthetic oil and drained manual trans out and filled with Royal Purple Syncromax. Big difference in smoothness and shifting.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Chillin'

Vehicle
      '13 Dodge Dart Aero Maximum Steel Metallic
      Mods
      Super red LED's in the interior lamps. 55W HID headlamps at 6000K K&N drop-in filter Graphite Bla
      Liked
      177 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      And this happened on the way home...

Name:  Message_1492725280535.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  326.9 KB

In the bottom left corner you can see the white stripe of the intersection. I was stopped well on the opposite side of it before I got hit. Broke the seatbelt harness, and possibly the seat as well.
      HID Upgrade Guide

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
      but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      688 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
      And this happened on the way home...

Name:  Message_1492725280535.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  326.9 KB

In the bottom left corner you can see the white stripe of the intersection. I was stopped well on the opposite side of it before I got hit. Broke the seatbelt harness, and possibly the seat as well.
      Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, what road were you on when it happened?

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Chillin'

Vehicle
      Mods
      Super red LED's in the interior lamps. 55W HID headlamps at 6000K K&N drop-in filter Graphite Bla
      Liked
      177 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, what road were you on when it happened?
      I was headed North on Mound road, at the intersection of 15 mile. The light turned red, so I came to a stop. A few seconds later I heard tires sliding on wet pavement, and barely had time to look at the mirror before the impact.

I'll be taking it into the shop next week, and until then it will just sit in the driveway. I don't feel safe at all driving it without a working seatbelt and the back of the seat moving funny. I'm really praying that it is fixable. My insurance is good, but I don't think it's good enough to cover the rest of what I owe on the car, and still put me back into something reasonably close to the Dart.
      HID Upgrade Guide

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
      but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      688 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
      I was headed North on Mound road, at the intersection of 15 mile. The light turned red, so I came to a stop. A few seconds later I heard tires sliding on wet pavement, and barely had time to look at the mirror before the impact.

I'll be taking it into the shop next week, and until then it will just sit in the driveway. I don't feel safe at all driving it without a working seatbelt and the back of the seat moving funny. I'm really praying that it is fixable. My insurance is good, but I don't think it's good enough to cover the rest of what I owe on the car, and still put me back into something reasonably close to the Dart.
      Damage doesn't look too bad, Im sure they will fix it easily. It just sucks having to deal with insurance and now a repair shop. Hope you get her back soon!

I tell people and they think I am joking when I say, on average I avoid 3-5 accidents a week because the drivers in metro detroit are dangerous. I even had words with a lady just a few weeks ago about her ridiculous driving. She had the nerve to say "You don't have to be a jerk about it", after I honked my horn when she drove directly into my lane and almost sideswiped me. Now normally I am a very calm and relaxed person but on that day I flipped. I gave her a real earful on her lack of driving abilities and her inability to comprehend basic driving 101. It's crazy here.
      youngsmith53 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Chillin'

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      177 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yeah, the body shop I use has been awesome. They've got a steel guy there that, the best I can describe his work, is nothing short of magic. A couple years ago when I was hit in the rear quarter panel by an E250 van, this guy manages to straighten it and roll it all back out to look exactly like stock. I didn't find a single flaw inside or out. They'll probably have it a week or two, and I'll get stuck in something like a 2017 F150 for a bit.

This will be the 4th time the Dart has been hit. First was the lady in the E250 crossing an extra lane turning left, the other three are all rear-end collisions from people driving too close, and/or not paying attention.
      longtimemopar likes this.
      HID Upgrade Guide

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Rallye 1.4 Turbo
      Mods
      Some
      Liked
      16 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Did an oil change last night. Put in "Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-40 Classic ESP Synthetic", and a Wix filter. I'm a fan!! The car instantly started running smoother. I wasnt due for an oil change for another 1500 miles, but when I drained it the oil smelled "burnt", but was still opaque. Must have had some cheap stuff in it. Stuff is like $9a quart.. but since I don't put a ton of miles on my vehicle, I will probably only change my oil once a year. So why not get good stuff?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      2013 Dart Rallye
      1 of 2
      1.4L/6spd manual

Performance Mods:
      OBX Cat-back Exhaust
      Deyeme Racing CDV Delete Kit
      4c coil packs

Appearance Mods:
      Debadged
      Racetrack Taillights
      Rally Armor UR Mudflaps

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart Limited
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I changed my oil and replaced the spark plugs. I did a 5W-20 royal purple with a KN filter.. champion copper plugs. she idled rough for a little bit but I let her run for a while and now she sound like she is ready to rock.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4
      Liked
      148 times
      Mentioned
      39 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      installed my aeroforce interceptor, a pillar gauge pod and half of my MPX hood strut lift kit (waiting on the template to do the passenger's side). Aeroforce install was easy and I ran 12v to the red wire to have it switched to power to prevent any issues with it keeping the canbus awake.

I spent way more time than necessary installing the a pillar gauge. I could not remove the metal retaining clip on the stock a pillar. I ended up drilling the holes with the stock pillar attached. I only recommend doing this if you are confident in your abilities as there is an airbag inside the a pillar. As an extra precaution I folded up a piece of cardboard and wegded it between the curtain airbag and the A-pillar while drilling. I just put 1 hole and a plasti retaining clip in the top corner by the windshield. Overall I am very happy with the install.
      Modifications:
      Appearance:
      Solargard Tint (22% front, 17% rear)
      Mopar "Dart" Sill Guards, front and rear splash guards
      Brighttails error free full LED conversion (interior, license, reverse)
      Gloss Black Plasti-Dipped 17" Rallye Rims, Red Painted Calipers
      Morimoto 9012 HIDs 5000K & H11 LEDs 5500K
      TFT display
      Luxe taillight tint

Performance:
      HPSI cold air intake with ram air
      RRM Stage 1 (Spectrum, Pulley, Header Blanket)
      Sprint Booster
      Champion RE16MC Copper plugs (gapped 0.047)

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3194 times
      Mentioned
      164 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by josh16 View Post
      installed my aeroforce interceptor, a pillar gauge pod and half of my MPX hood strut lift kit (waiting on the template to do the passenger's side). Aeroforce install was easy and I ran 12v to the red wire to have it switched to power to prevent any issues with it keeping the canbus awake.

I spent way more time than necessary installing the a pillar gauge. I could not remove the metal retaining clip on the stock a pillar. I ended up drilling the holes with the stock pillar attached. I only recommend doing this if you are confident in your abilities as there is an airbag inside the a pillar. As an extra precaution I folded up a piece of cardboard and wegded it between the curtain airbag and the A-pillar while drilling. I just put 1 hole and a plasti retaining clip in the top corner by the windshield. Overall I am very happy with the install.
      There is no airbag in the A pillar. It's mostly just a big piece of steel in there. The curtain airbag is in the roof along the top of the doors and extends forward when it inflates to protect the occupants from contact with the A pillar. There are diagrams on the following link showing where the airbags are located, and pictures showing them all inflated. Also... would you put a plastic/carbon fiber cover and a gauges on top of an airbag? If it inflated like that, it could kill or maim somebody.

http://advancedextrication.com/2012/...13-dodge-dart/

Page 607 of 613 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links