USB/iPod
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    USB/iPod

    This is a discussion on USB/iPod within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Got in my car today and suddenly the USB stopped "reading" my iPod. I did leave it in the car over night and it got ...

    User Tag List

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 20
    Like Tree3Likes

    Thread: USB/iPod

    1. #1
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      E1ectricOrange's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      2,728
      Vehicle
      2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
      Liked
      666 times
      Gender
      Female
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      USB/iPod

      Got in my car today and suddenly the USB stopped "reading" my iPod. I did leave it in the car over night and it got a little cold. iPod reads fine on a computer and the cable seems to work. Any ideas?

    2. #2
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      lomalibu's Avatar
      is planning my next plasti dip
      project.
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Fredericksburg VA
      Posts
      237
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT Turbo
      Liked
      38 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      mine stopped working. it would not even charge the iphone/ipod. It took awhile to figure out why. My telematics module in my car died.
      DRP SRI
      Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
      stubby antenna
      go-pedal
      plasti-dip tail lights.

    3. #3
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      E1ectricOrange's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      2,728
      Vehicle
      2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
      Liked
      666 times
      Gender
      Female
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by lomalibu View Post
      mine stopped working. it would not even charge the iphone/ipod. It took awhile to figure out why. My telematics module in my car died.
      When I connected my iPhone, it made the sound and I think it charged it a little. I can still play it through the AUX but it gets annoying because I can't control it with the steering wheel.

    4. #4
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      559
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0 auto
      Liked
      213 times
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sometimes my usb and sdcard does not work when I start the car- it's happened abolut 6x in the last 3 months. I had to turn the car off and then restart the car and the usb port and sd card slot seems to reinitialize- like the system needs to reboot. Not sure if this is just an occasional software glitch or if I have something wrong with the hardware.

    5. #5
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      E1ectricOrange's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      2,728
      Vehicle
      2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
      Liked
      666 times
      Gender
      Female
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
      Sometimes my usb and sdcard does not work when I start the car- it's happened abolut 6x in the last 3 months. I had to turn the car off and then restart the car and the usb port and sd card slot seems to reinitialize- like the system needs to reboot. Not sure if this is just an occasional software glitch or if I have something wrong with the hardware.
      I'll try again at lunch time. I'd like to not have my first repair in the first 3 weeks of owning it lol.

    6. #6
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      lomalibu's Avatar
      is planning my next plasti dip
      project.
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Fredericksburg VA
      Posts
      237
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT Turbo
      Liked
      38 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      My usb port stopped working the first week i owned the car. I bought it jan 19th this year. I just got the issue finally fixed yesterday. Mopar kept pushing back since i was using the iphone5 which is not supported in the dart. Well finally i had to reopen the ticket with my iphone 4 since it did not work ethier. They then agreed there was an issue.
      DRP SRI
      Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
      stubby antenna
      go-pedal
      plasti-dip tail lights.

    7. #7
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      E1ectricOrange's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      2,728
      Vehicle
      2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
      Liked
      666 times
      Gender
      Female
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by lomalibu View Post
      My usb port stopped working the first week i owned the car. I bought it jan 19th this year. I just got the issue finally fixed yesterday. Mopar kept pushing back since i was using the iphone5 which is not supported in the dart. Well finally i had to reopen the ticket with my iphone 4 since it did not work ethier. They then agreed there was an issue.
      Yeah I figured there wasn't much the iPhone 5 could do except charging.
      I was using my old iPod Nano, I think the 4th Gen. Like I said it might be the cold, it rained bad here last night and came with a cold front.

    8. #8
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      lomalibu's Avatar
      is planning my next plasti dip
      project.
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Fredericksburg VA
      Posts
      237
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT Turbo
      Liked
      38 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      my iphone5 works just fine with the usb input.
      DRP SRI
      Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
      stubby antenna
      go-pedal
      plasti-dip tail lights.

    9. #9
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      559
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0 auto
      Liked
      213 times
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      My wife's iphone 5 and my ipod touch 5th gen work fine too using the usb port. The only issue is that Uconnect will only play songs in alphabetical order when you select an album. Chrysler told me this was a known issue and they were trying to fix it.

    10. #10
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      E1ectricOrange's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      2,728
      Vehicle
      2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
      Liked
      666 times
      Gender
      Female
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
      My wife's iphone 5 and my ipod touch 5th gen work fine too using the usb port. The only issue is that Uconnect will only play songs in alphabetical order when you select an album. Chrysler told me this was a known issue and they were trying to fix it.
      I noticed that too, I just tell it to shuffle. It is kind of annoying right off the bat when it plays alphabetical.

     

     
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Uconnect Ipod USB questions
      By VR4Mit3000GT in forum Dodge Dart Electronics
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
    2. USB/iPod
      By mmoss57003 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
    3. ipod songs show on dash
      By jsturbocruiser in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
    4. iPod or Uconnect glitch?
      By KYRGYZ in forum Dodge Dart Electronics
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-22-2012, 01:55 AM

    Search tags for this page

    2013 dodge dart ipod
    ,

    2015 dodge dart usb port

    ,
    5th generation ipod uconnect
    ,

    how do i connect an ipod to a dodge dart

    ,

    is tgere aux in dodge dart

    ,
    rogue ipod stopped reading my iphone
    ,

    usb dodge dart

    ,
    usb port on dodge dart
    ,

    where is the usb port in a dodge dart

    ,
    where is the usb port on all dodge darts?
    Click on a term to search for related topics.