Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

This is not good :( more ddct criticism

This is a discussion on This is not good :( more ddct criticism within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; DDCT Transmission Is Substandard - 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test I am confused though, the initial impressions of the ddct months ago ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This is not good :( more ddct criticism

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0 auto
    Liked
    172 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not good :( more ddct criticism

DDCT Transmission Is Substandard - 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

I am confused though, the initial impressions of the ddct months ago were positive when Chrysler let the press try out the transmission. Now the same press is saying months later how awful it is.
    dustbuster707 likes this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
    Liked
    169 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had a problem with the ddct not seeming up to par. It could be better yes, but for the average every day driver I bet you they would never think about it. Sounds like Dodge will most definitely bring out the 9 Speed Automatic to hush some reviewers, but it isn't necessary. A 9 speed can only help, but once again I have never had a problem with it.

Reviewers always critizcize the most picky things and maybe they are used to driving $50,000+ sport and luxary cars. For a pretty good economical compact car that still remains sporty with distinct character compared to most other cars in the segment I think it is just fine. Let's just compare the Dodge Caliber's transmission CVT to this. I say this is still a winner for Dodge, what a difference!
    suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
    Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
    2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    172 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have a ddct, you have the power tech auto. The ddct is the auto transmission that is used with the 1.4 turbo.
    UN4GTBL likes this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    13 dart rallye 1.4 ddct loaded
    Liked
    118 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our ddct works seamlessly I have absolutely no complaints. We bought it because its my girlfriends every day driver and she didn't want a manual. But I come from every vehicle I have owned except for the street/ strip ( fully built auto with manual valve body) is a manual and I can say the ddct is a pretty decent transmission. It definatly can have a different feel at times but nothing that makes you think the transmission is a bad transmission.

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is going to 'rassle up a ho

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 22T
    Mods
    Tint, Mopar splash guards, DRP CAI, DRP charge pipes, Forge Plate, PTP Blanket, Deyeme Hood Struts
    Liked
    734 times
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my DDCT and have no complaints. These "experts" are anything but. I'll take my firsthand experience over their opinion any day of the week.
    UN4GTBL likes this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
    Liked
    169 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
    You don't have a ddct, you have the power tech auto. The ddct is the auto transmission that is used with the 1.4 turbo.
    Oh all this time I thought I had it! haha I guess I just confused the name. Alright well I guess I can't vouch for the ddct then, but I can for the power tech auto at least. So the power tech auto is the Hyundai transmission and the DDCT is Italian right?'

Has anyone else noticed the first time they test drove the Dart the brakes felt extremely grabby? Well after driving it for a week or two I started getting used to it and now it feels natural. This is just a small example how reviews can be different depending on the person. I have noticed many reviews where they have only driven the car a day or two and they might say something like "Well the brakes have a great stopping distance, but they are a tad bit grabby for my taste."
    Well if they would drive it for longer maybe they would get used to it like I did.

Maybe the same can be for transmissions. With a turbo you have to learn where it's power is and to get it's full potential hit it sweet spot on the RPM range. I never take reviews with a grain of salt and person experience reviews of actual owners is much more valuable.

However, it is sad that most of society will take in what the reviewers say like for example (Consumer Reports)
    Last edited by thedart; 01-21-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
    2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is Patiently (lol) waiting for
    DRP to stock my intake and
    excited about my TORK tune on
    March 8!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4 L multi air turbo Automatic DDCT Hyper black race track tail lights 8.4 touc
    Mods
    Dodge Dart slush mats! Full intake coming soon along with tork tune!
    Liked
    88 times
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If these people actually owned the car then maybe their opinion would count. Anyways, I bought the auto with the DDCT for the amount of city driving I do daily and I can say it is great so far and does everything I purchased the car for. Yea it is very different compared to other vehicles in the segment but I don't think I or anybody could say there is anything wrong with at after putting several miles on one. It takes getting used to but I am more than happy with the performance so far having 2300 miles on my dart!

Dodge Insider
    Rank

Rep

is can count backwards from
    infinity ~

Vehicle
    2007 dodge magnum SXT 14.632 @ 94.55
    Liked
    364 times
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DartManCometh View Post
    I love my DDCT and have no complaints. These "experts" are anything but. I'll take my firsthand experience over their opinion any day of the week.
    just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make them wrong. it's just a different opinion.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    how to find information about your dart

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is going to 'rassle up a ho

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 22T
    Mods
    Tint, Mopar splash guards, DRP CAI, DRP charge pipes, Forge Plate, PTP Blanket, Deyeme Hood Struts
    Liked
    734 times
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post

just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make them wrong. it's just a different opinion.
    I'm just saying I'll take consumer opinion over an "expert". It amazes me how the "experts" are the ones who don't pay for a car, yet criticize every detail as if a car cost 100k. I know it's their job and all, it just gets annoying especially when I sit here reading their review and keep saying "Don't have that problem... don't have that problem... don't have that problem..." Kinda like when critics bash an awesome movie.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    172 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is too many people I know read these car websites and magazines and treat them like gospel. This really hurts the car with all this negativity about the dual clutch tranny in the car media. Although after reading posts on his forum I wasn't going to bother driving a Dart with the tiger shark engine because of all the negativity. I am glad I did and wondered what you all have been smoking. That 2.0l has to be the best base engine in the segment. I was very surprised with it. You wouldn't know that reading posts around here
    fnkychkn and UN4GTBL like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads