Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

This is not good :( more ddct criticism

This is a discussion on This is not good :( more ddct criticism within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I would agree with what they say about waiting for the transmission to catch up when you jam the throttle while in drive. It takes ...

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This is not good :( more ddct criticism

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Citrus Peel Rallye, 1.4L Multiair Turbo, DDCT
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with what they say about waiting for the transmission to catch up when you jam the throttle while in drive. It takes forever for the transmission to catch up with the throttle input. And it is slow to respond to sudden braking and then accelerating. Those are the two biggest complaints I have with the DDCT.

I don't agree with manual mode not fixing some of these issues. I use manual mode whenever I want to have fun or accelerate quickly, such as getting on the highway. I just leave the transmission in 3rd when taking an on ramp and jam the throttle that way. There's no lag there, since it's already in gear. I guess that they use the manual mode differently? But I definitely think it fixes half or more of the issues with the automatic mode.

Also, I feel like I read somewhere on these forums that there was a potential (perhaps optional?) retune of the transmission that would allow for sportier driving (holding gear longer, faster but harsher shifts)? I would be down for that.

Administrator
    Rank

Rep

is able to leap buildings in a
    single bound

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger R/T Black Stallion Edition
    Mods
    Mopar CAI, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust w/ Thrush Glasspack, 18" Zenik Z32 Wheels, Black Calipers, Tint
    Liked
    1922 times
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll reserve judgement until I actually get some seat time on it. If I never bought a car because of negative reviews of a vehicle, I'd still be riding around on a bike. When I'm purchasing a vehicle I scan the web for mechanical problems and or recalls that may plaque the vehicle. Negative review(s) on a site have never deterred me from purchasing a car or anything for that matter. Tell me there is an issue with head gaskets blowing on a certain motor and I will listen intently, tell me a motor is underpowered and I'll disregard it immediately

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 White Limited 1.4l, DDC trans
    Liked
    92 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My all time favorite review of the dart is the one done by Motortrend. They took a "compact" high milage car to the track and were suprised it didnt do well. Really? Im still waiting for the off road testing to come back. sheesh

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2008 Jeep patriot
    Liked
    45 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good point, dby, the 2.0 has been slammed by a number of reviewers as being too slow, but I think it really depends on where it would be used. I am retired and living in the country where the driving is on country roads through small towns. I think the 2.0 probably would be just fine for me. If I were to use the expressway, about 25 miles from here, to travel, the 2.0 could be a problem when using on ramps to enter where the traffic is rumbling by at 60-70 mph. I think the 1.4 Turbo does need an attentive driver to keep the rpms in the proper range for best performance and the upcoming 2.4 may be the best option for some folks, it really depends on what you want to do with the car. I drove a 2.0 Limited a few weeks ago and it felt fine to me, but I wasn't trying to push it. The price point for the new GT sounds fantastic, so I want to see how that works out. I personally feel that too many reviewers are used to winding out a high powered car on a test track and have become jaded. I do not need a Shelby Mustang to cruise down a country road!

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is going to 'rassle up a ho

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 22T
    Mods
    Tint, Mopar splash guards, DRP CAI, DRP charge pipes, Forge Plate, PTP Blanket, Deyeme Hood Struts
    Liked
    753 times
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnda View Post
    That's a good point, dby, the 2.0 has been slammed by a number of reviewers as being too slow, but I think it really depends on where it would be used. I am retired and living in the country where the driving is on country roads through small towns. I think the 2.0 probably would be just fine for me. If I were to use the expressway, about 25 miles from here, to travel, the 2.0 could be a problem when using on ramps to enter where the traffic is rumbling by at 60-70 mph. I think the 1.4 Turbo does need an attentive driver to keep the rpms in the proper range for best performance and the upcoming 2.4 may be the best option for some folks, it really depends on what you want to do with the car. I drove a 2.0 Limited a few weeks ago and it felt fine to me, but I wasn't trying to push it. The price point for the new GT sounds fantastic, so I want to see how that works out. I personally feel that too many reviewers are used to winding out a high powered car on a test track and have become jaded. I do not need a Shelby Mustang to cruise down a country road!
    Being one of the people that admittedly has said that I wasn't impressed by the 2.0, I still say had I not test driven the 1.4t first, I would have probably saved the $1,100 and gone with that engine. The TQ difference is what won me over though. The Tigershark 2.0 I think will prove to be a solid and reliable engine. You hit the nail on the head johnda, too many people are used to high powered cars. This is a compact car built for fuel economy. People need to stop expecting it to match up with a SRT8 Charger or G8.
    UN4GTBL likes this.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

is Driving my Orange SXT!

Vehicle
    2013 Dart SXT 1.4 DDC
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine for a few months now and have no complaints at all. Yes there is some lag if you floor it but you can switch to the manual mode if you feel like revving it. Other than that in regular city/hwy driving it responds just fine and never feels underpowered at highway speeds. I believe the DDC is meant to take advantage of the 1.4 turbo's (2010 Best new Engine of the year) combination of economy and power. I agree with some of the other comments in the reviewers are comparing this car to a Porshe or something. It's a sporty, large compact sedan (or small midsized sedan) not a sports car - if I wanted to go 0-60 in 5 seconds I would have saved up for a car capable of that! Overall I think it looks and feels way better compared to every other boring, Honda, Hyundai and Mazda both inside and out. I get a lot of compliments on it (the colour helps) and am proud to talk about the engine and the transmission!

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Ordered Dart Sep 10th 2012. Recieved 10/11/12 Rallye, 1.4 Turbo, w/DDCT, Tugnsten, Gray/Citrus Int
    Mods
    Thinking about gettting ECB upgrade.
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the 13-002 recall done last week and it helped allot with my DDC shifting and pedal hesitation.. Recommend getting it. there is a thread about it under the Thread: [Technical Service Bulletin] Upcoming TSB's

Mike

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    13 dart rallye 1.4 ddct loaded
    Liked
    117 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say my ddct acts different now that it has some miles on it then it did when it was brand new it seems to be smoother

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T Blue Streak, Hyper Black Rims, Racetrack LED Taillights
    Mods
    K&N Filter
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These same auto experts panned the Ford Focus Dual clutch without mercy, even post software upgrade. Flash forward 1 year and now all of a sudden its a class leader with no faults to speak of....

In the end these journalist' opinions are bought and paid for with advertising dollars. You have to pay to play. This is why Car and Driver never says anything bad about Honda, but if you look closer, every other page has a honda ad.
    UN4GTBL likes this.

Administrator
    Rank

Rep

is able to leap buildings in a
    single bound

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger R/T Black Stallion Edition
    Mods
    Mopar CAI, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust w/ Thrush Glasspack, 18" Zenik Z32 Wheels, Black Calipers, Tint
    Liked
    1922 times
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
    My all time favorite review of the dart is the one done by Motortrend. They took a "compact" high milage car to the track and were suprised it didnt do well. Really? Im still waiting for the off road testing to come back. sheesh
    Wait until 4x4 gets a hold of it. They are REALLY going to pan it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads