Dodge Dart Forum banner

This is not good :( more ddct criticism

9K views 48 replies 27 participants last post by  snarf7 
#1 ·
#37 · (Edited)
When I drove the DDCT at first I felt that it was sluggish, slow to engage and jerky if you got on it wrong. Once I got a bit more comfortable with it those issues were less severe as I had to adjust my throttle control and get a feel for the car. Still it's not wrong for the reviewers to state those issues and if a lot of different sources are all saying the same thing then obviously there is truth to it. Now software flashes and later build models may solve this issue completely, but it's still something worth mentioning if you're reviewing the car.

And I fully support every review outlet bashing the transmission into the ground because maybe it'll make Dodge accelerate their 9-speed production and get it in time for my GT :cool: :p

This thread got me looking around different reviews and news stories for the Dart and it's actually not the reviewers that frustrate me but the people who comment. Such a bunch of ignorant people out there. Comments like "No V6 turbo AWD? TUUURRD!" Dude this is a commuter car that maxes out at ~25k and it's not intended to compete against the Speed3/FocusST. There's more to buying cars than it's 0-60. Ugh don't know why I'd be frustrated at the comments made by someone who thinks putting a fart can on a 92 del sol makes it a race car >.>

#48 ·
My ddct absolutely BLOWS driving in city traffic. While "driving" at the 8-12 mph crawl it jerks like 1st and 2 nd are in a tug of war and I will purposely Stay at about 5 mph so it doesn't jerk.... But a couple thousand miles into it and I just live with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.