Dodge Dart Forum banner

Dart Gas Tank Emergency Lever in trunk

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 ·
I heard stories of people's Dart and other car's gas tanks freezing, so I thought it would be good to find (for any situation really) where the gas tank emergency open is in the trunk. It would be useful any time if the button ever decides to fail and I'm on a long road trip.

Now I have looked in the manual and can tell pretty good where it is. You know the hinges where the trunk open and the little storage hook. It is suppose to be behind the carpeting panel. I'm just so nervous I'm going to break it off pulling it down. Are you suppose to pull it so the level is visible? Or are you just suppose to lift it a little the carpeting and put your hand in it without looking at it.

I'm wondering if it is possible for someone to take an actual picture of how they open it. I'm going to have a family member look at it with me as well. Last case I'm about to have my first oil change so I will have the dealership show me how it works.

#2 · (Edited)
not the tanks, just the filler lid. lol

It's actually been discussed, and it shows a picture in the manual, iirc, of where it is.. here, page 471 of the Owners Manual :)

Someone did take a picture around here somewhere, I just need to search for it. I think it's in one of the "frozen shut" threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.