Dodge Dart Forum banner

My Dealership finally got a GT Sport- 2016 -Pics inside

6K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  zuiquan1 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Mopar technician and owner of a 15GT which I did the original pre-delivery-inspection (PDI) on.

Yesterday I got a chance to do the PDI process on a new 2016 Dart "GT Sport." Lots of changes from my 15.

Billet silver is the color. Of course it has the sport hood-
2016 GT Sport by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

Horrible red stripes. (This was an option, worry not.)
No 18's anymore, just the sxt 17's.

Still has the racetrack LED's, dual exhaust, etc.

Now for the biggest changes I can see-
Leather is no longer standard, neither is the heated seats, steering wheel, remote start. This stuff is now part of a "Premium group"- $1600. That also includes the backup sensors, high beam control and some other stuff.

Standard inclusions-

The interior is different.
Red preforated leather has been deleted. It now looks more like the limited seats.

The red has been deleted from the door pockets too. (Was perforated like the seat bolsters.)

The black chrome bezel around the vents and gauges are gone. Now matte silver like the sxt.

The biggest bummer- The sport suspension is gone. My rear coils look different, and this car handles way softer, more like a 200. It probably has a smaller rear sway bar too.

Farewell little Dart. I'll be sticking with my 15GT for a while now.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Sean (@srmitchell) -

Great post!

Thanks for taking the time to take the pics and sharing them with the Dodge-Dart.org community. They really help to clear up some of the confusion / debates in other threads regarding the changes made for the new (June 2016) "Dart Model Lineup".

It's a bummer that the red perforated leather is no longer used on the door panels & seat bolsters. It does appear that they are using the Black Nappa leather from the (now defunct) Limited models ... but with red stitching & a small insert of (non red) perforated leather.

Thanks again for this post!

#3 ·
As I thought... it's just an SXT with a mix of features taken from the Rallye and GT. And to get any of the high-tech features you have to pay for them all at once in one big super-sized package.

The good news it still looks nice and has all the features that I would want (I prefer the Rallye suspension to the GT), but the Dart barely earned a GT badge to begin with, and now it's a complete joke. They should've just stopped using the GT badge and kept the Rallye.

By the way, does it have the standard SXT engine cover on the 2.4 or is it the GT unit?

#4 ·
$28K for a Dart?. I would rather spend $5K more for a really nice Challenger.

#16 ·
Except for the fact that the out the door price on the $28k Dart will be more like 22k and the $33k Challenger will be closer to $30k....
My '16 GT stickered at just over $28.4k (every avail. option except stripes and Mopar interior pkg) and my final price (no trade-in as I was returning a lease) was $22,143 incl tax, plates, etc.
In this market, Challengers (V8s) are lucky to see $2500 discounts!
Then there is the insurance element...

#18 ·
My son just got a Challenger SXT Plus with the Super Track Pak that listed for $36K for less than $29K. All cars get discounted not just Darts. JS.

#7 ·
So they take out features and raise the price? I'd laugh at what Dodge has done with the Dart if it wasn't so sad.

Its premature death is in the hands of FCA and FCA alone. Its lack of sales could have been rectified if they actually advertised it, I see Challenger and Charger commercials every day but not once do they mention the Dart and don't try and tell me the "don't touch my dart" commercials are advertisements. They don't even tell you anything about the car, I have had every single person that has ridden in my dart tell me they had no idea this was what all came with it. They are constantly blown way with the interior styling and its aggressive look. Several have told me they would have gotten one instead if they knew that's what a dart was.

Also the rushed release with all its mechanical problems that ruined its name from the start. Even if they fixed alot of the issues the damage was still done and no one at FCA bothered to try and explain the situation or even say those problems have been rectified. The dart still struggles with the perception that its a POS almost 4 years after its release.

And don't get me started on all the failed promises of aftermarket support, plus the MANY concepts they teased us with that could have been released to generate hype. Or even ATTEMPTING to update its styling or power at all, they even had it on one of there many 5 year plans to update the dart to a more powerful engine but they didn't even TRY this approach. Instead they canceled the whole platform because THEIR lack of ability to properly introduce a new car into the market.

FCA had zero interest in the Dart ever being a successful platform.

#13 ·
to think i wanted a Stripper modelDart GT. roll up windows, no 8.4inch cloth seats. no spare. lighter, but no, now they just make a 3290lbs car weigh even more. and they still have not done anything the customer has asked, such as more power. they have the ability, but they dont care.

Sergio will do, as Sergio will do. but we can crank out ugly wannabe Feeps, lol.

#14 ·
ya 28K US... no chance in hell... that's 36K CAD... 2K more can get you a WRX STI (37.8K CAD). The automotive/financial equivalent of natural selection I guess. Anyone dumb enough to pay that much for a dart shouldn't even be holding that much money to begin with. I too think the Dart had so much potential back in its early stages... literally 3 years ahead of the competition in terms of tech and comfort back when it came out

Reactions: Webtiger
#21 ·
My 2016 had 3500.00 factory money BEFORE i worked them for 12 rounds in the heavyweight division.... ;) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive exterior

#15 ·
I got a fully equipped '16 Dart back in March. Sticker price 28k like this one. Managed to get 6k off it to take it as it was already on the lot. 22k was wayyy more reasonable, so I went for it.

#19 ·
The biggest bummer- The sport suspension is gone. My rear coils look different, and this car handles way softer, more like a 200. It probably has a smaller rear sway bar too.
The biggest disappointment with our 14 GT has been the suspension. It is harsh and doesn't provide the level of performance it should for the level of harshness. I had tried to put some of the touring suspension shocks in the car to see if it would help but they don't fit.

I had put a decently long test drive on a Ralley and was happy with the ride. The GT test was shorter and on better roads and the suspension harshness wasn't apparent. Sounds like they made an improvement.

My 15 Ecoboost Mustang with the Performance Package is on another planet in regards to its handling compared to the Dart GT. AND, it rides like a luxury barge compared to the Dart and is extremely quiet going down the road.

Don't get me wrong we like the Dart a lot just should have gotten a Limited but my wife had her heart set on Header Orange. I did make a significant improvement in the road noise the suspension transmitted into the car by covering the bottom of the car with BoomMat spray.

Dave

#23 ·
The biggest disappointment with our 14 GT has been the suspension. It is harsh and doesn't provide the level of performance it should for the level of harshness. I had tried to put some of the touring suspension shocks in the car to see if it would help but they don't fit.

I had put a decently long test drive on a Ralley and was happy with the ride. The GT test was shorter and on better roads and the suspension harshness wasn't apparent. Sounds like they made an improvement.
I have to agree. The suspension they put on the Rallye is firm enough for good handling without making the ride too harsh. I'm glad I don't have the GT.

#24 ·
All cars that have been on the lot for 90+ days get discounted. Hemi's here have a $2K dollar FCA discount currently plus any dealer exclusive discounts. I guess you just live in the wrong part of the country.

#27 ·
The suspension in my 13 GT wasn't stiff enough so I stiffened it even more...

#29 ·
My lowering springs stiffened it up quite a bit, along with sway bars and end links. Its pretty solid now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.