Dodge Dart Forum banner

Closet Dart Admiration

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Delta Dart 
#1 ·
Situation was: I'm parked at the pump yesterday , getting gas, next to a tuned BMW 3...and the owner is all over my ride while i'm inside getting lottery tickets ( so i can buy that new Bughatti Chiron )...he kept looking at the store to make sure i didnt see him drooling on my MOPAR. When i stepped outside he smoothly backed off to check his windows...or something. LOL

I love this ride, and it definitely gets noticed by so many...so many people who wouldnt publicly admit digging a Dodge!!!

GTi peeps are the same way...

#myGTisBadAzz

#3 · (Edited)
I get the head turns all day long, and this time not for the same reasons as my last car... which was cool and all, but, it was a Yaris.

I do miss this spunky little panda.. that 1.4 with the intake and the manual, It really would move.

#5 ·
Non-owner here (Focus ST) but I've been following the Dart ever since it came out. Always been a fan of the styling so they still catch my eye whenever I see them. Especially at night with the racetrack lights - I'm a sucker for exterior lighting and have retrofitted my own headlights 3 times...

I just joined to learn even more about this car because I'm helping a friend pick up a dart gt this coming weekend. I worked the deal with the dealership for him (first time car owner and just recently licensed), so I'm really excited to see him pick it up.

Looking forward to continue learning about the dart and pushing my friend to modifying it a bit.

#6 ·
Shoulda pushed the 1.4T on him! More modabilty!

#12 ·
Yeah, in the front it is low! But the main reason i say the lowering is pointless is that you need to literally rip the front suspension apart to install the lowering springs PLUS alot of people dont do this, but you NEED to have the camber kit with the 2.5" lowering springs or you can cause issues with your suspension, uneven tire wear...etc.

#13 ·
Heh, I'd honestly have to see it in person up close. From pictures the wheel to fender gap isn't that huge anyway. If lowered it'd be very mild. At least my car definitely looked like a monster truck on stock suspension until I replaced my springs/dampers. Of course that is a skewed view from the mod-happy focus st community.

Personally I'd rathr retrofit the headlights in the dart and other lighting upgrades.

#15 ·
I'd like to lower mine BUT...with the hills and crap roads here my lip and side skirts would be gone very soon. Lowering looks cool but I'm not doing it either. My low hanging RokBlokz give some illusion of lowering i think.... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Vehicle door

#17 ·
I'd like to lower mine BUT...with the hills and crap roads here my lip and side skirts would be gone very soon. Lowering looks cool but I'm not doing it either. My low hanging RokBlokz give some illusion of lowering i think.... View attachment 62032
Yea I've been seeing your posts and quite like the rokblokz with the lower spoiler package you have. My friends won't have the lower spoiler package and it's a bit steep to add it on later. He wants to get mudflaps though, so not sure if going with rb or oem.

I have the rb on my car which is also lowered and they end up scraping on sudden dips or higher speed bumps... Kinda annoying. :p

#16 ·
I love that i DONT see my car everywhere... I havent seen one TorRed GT since I got mine in February.

#19 ·
I've only seen one other blue Rallye like mine around town... and I haven't seen it in a few months. I used to see it parked outside a church all the time but not lately.

I have a guy in my neighborhood who is a real car buff and he has commented on how cool the Racetrack taillights look at night.He said following them in the dark you think it is the cops though.
We had a young member on here awhile back who wanted to know how to DISABLE the racetrack lights. Methinks he was finding it a little hard to evade the cops at night. :eek:

#20 ·
This is the best car that no one really knows about or admits too... LOL

#22 ·
Couldn't have said it better! Best kept secret in compact / mid-size class!
'14 got some looks and favorable comments but the '16 with skirts and sport hood has drawn favorable comments from a ton of folks including the service writer at the local dealer who was in disbelief that the car was (at that time) stock! He had never seen one with the sport hood and he works at the dealer...breaks most folks hearts when you have to tell them it is discontinued!
LOVE MY DART!!

#23 · (Edited)
A co-worker rented a new Focus SE this weekend, and I got to check it out. What a piece of junk! Hard plastic everywhere, confusing controls, cramped seats, and no leg or head room in the rear. The low-end torque isn't bad but it's noisy at speed. And yet Ford consistently sells between 16-18,000 of them a month. My Dart is a luxury car by comparison. I just went on YouTube and watched Kelley Blue Book's review of the Focus, and while they didn't like it that much either they ran off a long list of other options out there... Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, VW Jetta, Chevy Cruze, Scion IM, Subaru Impreza, and...................

Nope, the Dart wasn't even mentioned. Like @JonsGT said, it's the the best car that no one really knows about or admits to.

#24 ·
Here we go again:

10 Most Comfortable Cars Under $30,000 - Kelley Blue Book

The Cruze was the only compact on the list, and supposedly made it for having the quietest cabin in its class. Once again the Dart wasn't even mentioned even though I'll bet it's quieter. The Dart is being completely ignored now, and has mostly been that way for the past couple of years. You can't tell me these reviewers aren't being paid to say what they do, because the only explanation for it would be that Dodge isn't bothering to put money into advertising the Dart anymore.

#26 ·
There isn't a Dart out there with more than a few hundred miles on the odometer that doesn't have scrape marks on the bottom of the front facia. When I first bought mine I got upset the first time it happened, but as I scrape on pretty much every driveway I pull in or out of I eventually had to stop caring about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.