Dodge Dart Forum banner

Forever wishing my dart was manual

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  roadrace 
#1 ·
Any ideas on how to make a slapshift automatic more fun? Sure it might not compare to a manual but i just want to make it feel better

#4 ·
It depends. If you have the 1.4T DDCT, either the Tork or Euro-Compulsion (formerly HPSI) ECU flash tunes promise to improve the performance of the DDCT in every respect (within the limits of the hardware). If you have the 2.0L or 2.4L, unfortunately there are really no options to change the behavior of the Powertech 6F24. Whichever engine and transmission you have, it takes some time to get the hang of the AutoStick and get the most out of it. Being entirely electronically controlled, the transmission will respond to shift commands based on a variety of factors, such as engine speed, current gear, and and throttle position. I don't know about the Powertech, but the DDCT usually manages best in automatic mode, and I really only use AutoStick when I want to carve corners and such by keeping the engine at an RPM where it will make lots of boost instantly if I want it (3K rpm).

#6 ·
We have something to make your automatic more fun! Here is a link to our website Dodge Dart : Road Race Motorsports, Mitsubishi Suzuki Fiat Hyundia Performance Parts One of the first things i would recommend is our intake and our down pipe. What would help out with torque is our light weight pulley its inexpensive item for what you are getting! If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 1-562-906-0080.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.