Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

Resonance Noise 2300-2400 RPM Dart Limited 2.0L - Anyone have this?

This is a discussion on Resonance Noise 2300-2400 RPM Dart Limited 2.0L - Anyone have this? within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I have a 2013 Dart Limited 2.0L 4800 miles on it. I found out today from service engineering there is a issue with a air ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0L
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resonance Noise 2300-2400 RPM Dart Limited 2.0L - Anyone have this?

I have a 2013 Dart Limited 2.0L 4800 miles on it. I found out today from service engineering there is a issue with a air intake resonance noise coming from the intake plenum you'll hear in the 2300-2400 rpm range under moderate throttle with a very slight load (like going up a hill). If you have a very light foot or heavy foot you will drive right through this and maybe not notice. I am have had this issue and since 500 miles and been in the shop twice trying to resolve. At first I thought it was an exhaust resonance and actually found a missing bolt in one of the exhaust brackets that bolt to the engine block thinking that was the problem, but didn't fix it. I started sending Service Engineering this info including sounds bites since this started (I am a retired field engineer for Chrysler). Engineering was aware of this noise but signed off on this because of the small RPM range. Unless people complain no fix will be coming. So if you have experienced this noise please post it here. Having worked my career in things like this I understand the decision to sign off on this but once you get tuned in to this it's annoying. Not thing to "start" anything, just wanted to get this out and hopefully will get feedback.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

is Not driving right now but wish
    I was!

Vehicle
    2013 Dart Limited
    Liked
    16 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another thread here 'muffler replaced'. Wonder if y'all are talking about the same thing? I have the Limited w/2L and haven't noticed the noise but now that you point it out . . .

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is This We'll Defend

Vehicle
    2013 Rallye
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get this a little on my 2.0, and mine sounds like the exhaust note is deeper than it normally is.... It doesn't really bother me though
    2013 Citrus Peel Pearl Rallye
    Injen CAI
    RRM Lightweight Pulley
    RRM Spectrum Tuner
    Custom Throttle Body
    Sprint Booster
    7" TFT Gauge Swap
    Base Radio to 8.4n Swap
    6000K HID Driving and Fog
    MOPAR Spoiler

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 bright silver Dart sxt 2.0
    Mods
    Wax job
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've had some kind of noise for a while. It bugs me too. My co worker has a 2.0 limited and I drove his to see if it was the same. I heard something, but not as loud as mine.
    So if I take it to service, they'll blow it off?

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that deep exhaust noise.. (which I like and I call it a "throaty" sound). This noise is in this small rpm range but something that is not this normal exhaust sound that you reference.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabski View Post
    Yeah, I've had some kind of noise for a while. It bugs me too. My co worker has a 2.0 limited and I drove his to see if it was the same. I heard something, but not as loud as mine.
    So if I take it to service, they'll blow it off?
    Is this noise you hear also in the 2300-2400 range? I usually hear it right at the shift point if it's under a little load. Right now the dealerships do not know about this since this info I got directly from my engineering contacts. They have put a note out to the field force to be on the lookout for this to document complaints. I do have audio files that have captured this noise (and sent to engineering).

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisbuff View Post
    I have a 2013 Dart Limited 2.0L 4800 miles on it. I found out today from service engineering there is a issue with a air intake resonance noise coming from the intake plenum you'll hear in the 2300-2400 rpm range under moderate throttle with a very slight load (like going up a hill). If you have a very light foot or heavy foot you will drive right through this and maybe not notice. I am have had this issue and since 500 miles and been in the shop twice trying to resolve. At first I thought it was an exhaust resonance and actually found a missing bolt in one of the exhaust brackets that bolt to the engine block thinking that was the problem, but didn't fix it. I started sending Service Engineering this info including sounds bites since this started (I am a retired field engineer for Chrysler). Engineering was aware of this noise but signed off on this because of the small RPM range. Unless people complain no fix will be coming. So if you have experienced this noise please post it here. Having worked my career in things like this I understand the decision to sign off on this but once you get tuned in to this it's annoying. Not thing to "start" anything, just wanted to get this out and hopefully will get feedback.
    . I have posted an audio clip of this noise you can hear at the beginning and toward the end of the audio clip.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JABSKI... see the youtube video/audio I just posted to see if this is the same noise you are getting.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 bright silver Dart sxt 2.0
    Mods
    Wax job
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisbuff View Post
    JABSKI... see the youtube video/audio I just posted to see if this is the same noise you are getting.
    No, not the same. I just listened to the clip and it's not what I'm hearing.
    My sound is more of a drone/ deeper sound ...... kind of like when my exes old Nissan Sentra got too many miles on it Not quite the fart can/ exhaust noise, it's just kind of a deep drone that is louder now than when my car was new.
    It's in the same RPM range, .... anywhere from 1800 to 3000. And like you said, it's when under a moderate load.
    As a matter of fact, I had mine back at the dealer this evening at 6:00PM for that very thing. Even mentioned about hearing it more when going up a hill slowly. (they have a rather steep hill 300 ft. away from the service bay door).
    Of course, they didn't hear anything unusual.
    The service guy said if it gets worse, bring it back. I told him that's WHY I brought it in the first place.
    He didn't want to get in a new car and drive it through the parking lot to compare the two.
    I may make another appt. some time, then get with my sales guy to see if he would let me drive a new one through the lot once for myself. That way if I DON'T hear the same noise, the service guy's going for a ride in the new one next, then in mine.
    I hate dealing with stuff like this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
    Liked
    167 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listened to the video and that does sound strange. I have had my Dart for a couple months and at 1000+ miles and have yet to experience this noise, however I will be on the look out especially when it gets to around that RPM range.
    Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
    2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads