Dodge Dart Forum banner

Possible SRT spotted? [nope; PoisonDart]

10K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  viperman96 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Vehicle Car Automotive design Mode of transport Luxury vehicle

Hey guys, i'm new here... I was watching the music video to 'See you again' by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth... And at a few scenes I saw an Orange Dart with a black hood, in a room full of Dodges.. What do you think?
Sorry if this has been posted before. Would have posted in the SRT4 forum but it wouldn't open.

Attachments

See less See more
1 2
#6 ·
That's what we all want to know....

#9 ·
Everyone wants certain bits from the sema dart and from what I've seen we won't see too much of any of those parts available for sale. I know those wheels are available through the mopar site but you're looking at something like $500 PER wheel before shipping!

#11 ·
Thats not to say that isn't the design of the SRT Dart. I think they tend to design and choose based around public perception. Maybe this is a feeler to see how the public likes it knowing in the back of their minds it "could" be the design of the SRT Dart front fascia.

#14 ·
Don't count on a brand new design. It'll likely just be a new rear fascia with re-designed taillights and a new front fascia with re-designed headlights. That's the easiest/cheapest way to "refresh" a design and since they aren't making bucket loads of money of the current design, I don't see them spending a lot to refresh it. I personally would love the new Dart to look just like that show car. As long as it has a 2.4L Hurricane Turbo with 300+ HP and AWD, I'm in.

#26 ·
then they also need it to go balemic as well and chuck about 200 lbs off the car to be comperable to the other brands. i took my first long distance trip last week about 300 miles round trip and my dash mpg read 43mpg, lol. but the mpg would be better if the car was lighter. that plays a large part of perfprmamce there. lighter means better stopping, handling and accelleration.

#15 ·
And expect the price tag of the SRT Dart (if it does come out) to be an extra 10-15 grand. I will most likely not be able to afford the SRT but I can dream besides I plan on owning my current Dart for at least 10 years like I did with my '00 Dakota. Unless my car ends up totaled somehow I plan on keeping it for the long run.

#20 ·
We get it the darts a failure and everyone hates it...does every thread need to be turned into a doomsday prediction?

#21 ·
That's a weird thing to say....I think everyone on this thread loves their Dart actually.

Reactions: Darth_Strife
#23 ·
I'd love to be wrong about my assessment and speculation, I really would. I think the Dart is a very sexy looking and fun smaller car, its the reason I got rid of my Jeep to get it...but a lot of the Japanese cars, and now Ford have a stranglehold on the market share, and all I've seen Fiat/Dodge do the past year or so is make concept Darts and promises, with very little coming to fruition other than talk. Fiat running Dodge isn't the same as when Chrysler ran Dodge back in the day, that is for sure. Now on the other hand, I have zero complaints about the larger Dodge models like the Charger or Challenger, nor can I find any fault in the trucks or Jeeps, but for some reason the small car segment is lacking big time lately.

Reactions: Darth_Strife
#25 ·
the problem woth the dart os they marketed it completely wrong, made promises of power, parts and acsessories that never came. in looks and cruising the dart is leagues above any maker, but in terms of sport and performance it flopped like magicarp using splash. the dart is too fat and slow to be concidered by most looking for a sport compact. and i do not think an srt model would save this titanic from sinking. the 200 outsells the dart mostly because of power and 9 speed transmission.

#27 ·
then they also need it to go balemic as well and chuck about 200 lbs off the car to be comperable to the other brands. i took my first long distance trip last week about 300 miles round trip and my dash mpg read 43mpg, lol. but the mpg would be better if the car was lighter. that plays a large part of perfprmamce there. lighter means better stopping, handling and accelleration.
Don't hold your breath because the new Dart WILL NOT be lighter than the current model. Especially if promises of the 2.4L Turbo and AWD happen. I would be extremely happy if it stayed the same weight with 300+ HP. I really chuckle when people say it's overweight anyway, a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT weighed the same as the Dart does and it was a 2 door.

#28 ·
I'll go in as saying there will be a Dart srt. I'd also say that in my area , the Dart seems to be selling, based on the number of units I see on the road. And they do look better than all the other boring choices from the other brands. And if you read about all the other brands, it all sounds like a snooze fest until you get up to the serious bigger models. And I think we need to cut Fiat a break. They're only a couple years into a this with Chrysler. Every brand has it's fan base. Some bigger bases than others. No one company is going to dominate 100%. Been that way since the 70's really. My thought to FCA and to older Chrysler fans: Get Used To It. I liked my Dart better than the Mitsu and two Chevy's I had prior. And I like my Avenger better than any vehicle I ever owned in any category - small,medium or big. So, I'm a fan.
The srt is already done. :D

#31 ·
if they would simply keep their promises sales i think would be better on the dart. If this car had a 1.6 litr turbo pumping 200hp and 220 trq this car would sell like hot cakes because when it comes to mpg power to weight ratio plays as big a roll as anything else. But with better acceleration and more power and the very attractive asthetics this car would dominate. Also they need to improve their customer service i understand its a buisness and they need to make money but customers for life are more important than a 1 time customer just my opinion.

#32 ·
The Dart, especially with the 2.4L engine, has a better power-to-weight ratio than any Civic but the Si, and better than any Corolla. It's not like those cars are 1,000lbs lighter than the Dart, but they do give up about 50hp on a 2.4L Dart. If the power-to-weight was a big deal, the Civic and Corolla wouldn't even be competitive compact cars, never mind utterly dominant. A lot of things go into whether a product is successful or not, and success is never guaranteed. The Dart's biggest roadblock to sales success has never been MOPAR's bizarre "promise and forget" strategy for after-sales product support. The vast majority of compact car owners couldn't care less about stuff like that. It's only the small number of enthusiasts (like people on this forum) who get upset about that. Rather, it has always been the aforementioned dominance of the established players that has kept the Dart on the fringes. Unless they plan on giving up on the compact market altogether, there is no reason for FCA to kill the Dart, because any vehicle they replace it with will face the same almost insurmountable challenge.

#35 ·
If thats still the case theres the pentastar 3.2 v6 jeep uses and its in the 270 hp ball park.
The Jeep model lineup hasn't had the 3.2L for almost 3 years now. the 3.6L is the only option in a V6. And it's almost 300 HP.

#37 ·
The Jeep Cherokee uses the 3.2 Pentastar. The Grand Cherokee uses the 3.6 V6.

#36 ·
turbo 2.0 with manual trans please :) it would be affordable as the 1.4T is now, it would have way more pep, and it would still get very good MPG. make it happen FCA!!!
The 2.0L Turbo and the 2.4L Turbo Hurricane engines have been in development for about 2 years now. They will most likely be the engine options come next summer/fall.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#38 ·
I would say in the next Dart refresh which is next year.

#39 ·
The Jeep Cherokee uses the 3.2 Pentastar. The Grand Cherokee uses the 3.6 V6.
I assumed he was talking about a real Jeep. My bad. The Grand Cherokee and Wrangler only come with the 3.6L.

#41 ·
lol what constitutes a real jeep? Just the ones you like it seems? The only "real Jeep" assuming im correct on your interpretation is the Wrangler. The rest are all technically crossovers (unibody) suvs. But they are all still Jeeps. The Grand Cherokee is also unibody so by you it shouldnt be considered a Jeep either. And the 3.6L and the 3.2 L are in the same v6 family theres not a whole lot different in the two that im aware of. Theres also a 3.0 L of the same Family that is exactly the same as the 3.2L with different bore depths, Jeep uses it in China.

#40 ·
I would say in the next Dart refresh which is next year.
Exactly as I stated.

#43 · (Edited)
it was also, rwd and ran 13's. your point is?
I'll make this simple for those on the forum that aren't familiar with Chrysler products. I'll even compare the Dart 2.0L with the base Crossfire. The Crossfire was a 2 door coupe that was 24" shorter in overall length, had a 12" shorter wheelbase, was 2-1/2" narrower in width, and 6-1/4" shorter in height and only had 2 seats. It also got 10 MPG LESS in the city and 13 MPG LESS on the highway, had a drag coefficient .37 compared to the Darts .29 and ONLY weighed 125lbs. more than the Dart. Plus the Dart has a cargo capacity of 13.1 CF compared to the Crossfires 7.6 CF. MY point is the Dart really isn't that heavy. Plus the Dart has WAY more airbags, safety/tech features than the Crossfire ever had. I never compared the two performance wise, but if you want to do that, fine. The crossfire SRT was also a $45K car compared to the $16K dollar price tag of the Dart Aero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.