Dodge Dart Forum banner

2 years and 1/2 ownership

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  hawkedd 
#1 · (Edited)
2 years and 1/2 ownership. Still have yet to find a perfect seating position for my Dart.

How many people have the seat all the way down to the ground? I do this and then find there isn't much back support. It helps to raise the seat then there is more lower pressure for the back. However, if I have it more than 1 or 2 notches more than from the ground, I start to feel super high up. I am around 6'0 and then I have the auto dimming rearview mirror that seems to block the top view. The side a pillars are very thick and sometimes there are huge blind spots around tight parking lots and curves.

Let me know how you have your seats guys. I have tried having the steering wheel all the way out and all the way in. The headrests are very far forward, I just feel so confined and it gets tiring driving. I have a 2013 early Dart, I heard they revised the seats after 2014 possibly. Also, I think it would be better having the electronic seat adjustments and the lumbar option. I have all the manual. I adjust the seat back and forward. Either too close and my knees get really tired or too far.
The only way I can get comfortable is if my head is literally resting on the headrest the whole time, but then around turns that is painful and the back digs in my neck.

I guess if I hear other people's seat positions I can at least get a general idea for what people have.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I literally have not ever adjusted my seating position. Not on the test drive, not when I first sat in it, not on the first drive home. It's always been perfect.

I find the seats to be very comfortable.

I'm 6'1"and closer to 200lb. Sunroof also.

#4 ·
I'm not a big guy, 6' 1" 160lbs and I have my seat at the lowest position. And I sit semi close to the steering wheel. I have the manual controlled one and I would say roughly 6 notches back. I love my seats. They are the most comfortable seats even for cloth. My girlfriends Sebring's seats are rock hard compared to mine.

#6 ·
I agree the cloth seats do seem to be very comfy. It is just either I have too much support with my head resting against the headrest the whole time digging into me or if I tilt it more than a lack of lower back support. It feels like I am driving in the air almost.

Do you know if your steering wheel is all the way forward or do you have it telescoped out at all? I sometimes get vision blocked by the pillars on both sides. The right side I get if I have the seat up a couple notches. How close is the head rest to everyone's head. is your head touching it while you are driving?

#5 ·
I am around the same size as @npriester08 about 6' and 180lbs and i sit pretty far back because i am scared of the air bag(a couple of my friends have died due to air bag deployment :sad: when they wouldve been fine without it)... also i have longer legs so i make it so that when i extend my left leg to put in the clutch, it is almost all the way extended.

#8 ·
Talking Ruler length, how far should your chest be from the steering wheel? I am wondering that maybe I am sitting too far. Im thinking of having the wheel go all the way forward and maybe sitting closer would help?

#10 ·
Mine is all the way in the lowest position. I'm 5'8" and I find it to be more than fine. I don't like it raised because it makes me feel like I'm sitting on the roof. I don't like sitting up high in a car.

#12 ·
With a more upright seat position (so you don't submerge under the seat-belt in an accident), your shoulder blades against the seat back, with outstretched arms, your wrists should rest on the top of the steering wheel... this position gives you the best control over the vehicle.

#14 ·
I had the same problem when I test drove a Dart back in 2013. They did change the seats in 2014 and once I have it adjusted, it never moves. The newer seats are far better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.