Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

The Official Dodge Dart Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread!

This is a discussion on The Official Dodge Dart Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread! within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; The Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread This is the official Dodge-Dart.org Problem-Free/Positive thread that members can check into every now and post up about how problem-free ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: The Official Dodge Dart Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread!

Supporting Member
    Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
    is a former Moderator

Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Caliber
    Liked
    1393 times
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread

This is the official Dodge-Dart.org Problem-Free/Positive thread that members can check into every now and post up about how problem-free their Dodge Dart has been operating for them (Please keep problems out of this thread) or features that they have found that they can no longer live without. The majority of people are doing more and more research online before making their purchases. However, online is where you will mainly find people with problems, as people rarely will post up online to say that their vehicle/TV/Computer/etc is working perfectly.

I thought it would be nice to have a "positive" thread for the benefit of those doing research and anybody else so interested.

When posting, please provide the following details:
    • Engine
    • Transmission
    • Current mileage
    • Driving style
    • Type of driving (Highway vs. City vs. Country)

Please note that this thread will be moderated to keep it on topic.
    Last edited by UN4GTBL; 11-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus | 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT
    3.6L 6-Speed Auto | 1.8L 5-Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
    We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Dart Limited, 1.4T/manual
    Mods
    Visual Garage Shark Fin antenna
    Liked
    76 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it! Let's present a more representative sample to forum-goers.

• 1.4L Turbo
    • manual transmission
    • 30-31 mpg so far after ~1000 miles
    • usually pretty relaxed, but approaching on-ramps I give it the beans
    • mostly city driving with a ~10 mile highway commute (each way)

My first car in college was the cheapest bare-bones plastic Saturn SL with a hamster-wheel engine that got up to 40 mpg on long drives. My second car was a beefy Infiniti G35 coupe with grunt, spunk, all the fun stuff. This car feels like a good balance between the two. Four-door practicality, fuel efficiency, and still fun to drive. (I wouldn't try to call it "powerful" but it's enough to be fun.) Feature-wise, I went from manual everything (doors, windows, etc) to basic conveniences like remote locks, automatic windows, etc. Now I have built-in nav, push-button start, back-up camera, digital instrument panel, etc. You can get these features on other cars, but not on one that's under $27k.

So yeah, the feature I like most and can't live without is the careful balance of everything.
    Last edited by kunigit; 11-08-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added miles
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    Limited, 1.4 Turbo/Manual, Max. Steel, Diesel Gray/White Photos
    9/4: Ordered 9/13: Confirmation Email 9/17: VOTS Email 9/27: Frame & Paint 9/28: Trim 10/1 Inspection/Shipment/Window Sticker 10/15: Scheduled Delivery 10/16: Arrived at Dealer 10/17: Took delivery

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is out driving his Dart!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited, 2013 Dodge Journey SXT
    Liked
    200 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine - 1.4L Turbo
    Transmission - DDCT
    Current Mileage - 2,249
    Driving Style - Highway - left lane as fast as the car in front of me permits. No slouching, but I do watch the current MPG and try to max when I can, but not afraid to step on it frequently! City - Ah, I have to invoke my 5th admendment rights as to not incriminate myself!
    MPG - 32 Average, Highest tank 34.8

Dart has not seen the service dept yet except to pick up parts for cosmetic changes! Factory gets a grade of A+.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited, Redline
    8/1 - Ordered, 9/28 - Delivered
    All Options minus Engine Block Heater

MODS:
    Replaced Chrome door handles and Crosshairs with body colored, painted red front fascia black. Tinted Windows 35%, calipers painted red.
    Magneti Marelli Power Pedal, Shark Fin Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Red LED Footwell ambient lighting

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad 2007 Chevy HHR 1993 Jeep Cherokee XJ
    Liked
    276 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine - 1.4 turbo
    Transmission - 6 speed manual
    Miles - 2000
    Driving style - - two lane blacktop, running thru the gears
    I haven't drivin the dart all week, my wife has been taking it to work, 50 miles round trip, and she's been averaging 32.9 mpg.
    I've taken a couple of longer trips in it and was able to average over 40 mpg @ 70 mph.
    UN4GTBL likes this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is Baby is in the garage

Vehicle
    Limited 1.4L Multiair Turbo 6-speed Manual Black Leather Popular Equipment Group Alpine Stereo S
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the 1.4 turbo with manual Limited. I drive all city and love it. No issue with car at all. Miles 2400
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    Limited
    1.4L Multiair Turbo 6-speed Manual
    Black Leather
    Popular Equipment Group
    Alpine Stereo System
    8.4 Uconnect
    Sunroof
    polished Wheels

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is waiting...

Vehicle
    Maximum Steel 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4L DDCT
    Liked
    165 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love her to death!!!

• 1.4T
    • DDCT Auto
    • 900miles
    • Mostly calm driving but I let the gas pedal kiss the floor a few times a day.
    • Lots of rush hour highway and some city. Averaging about 30-31 so far. All open highway gets 44-46.
    • Limited with Premium Group and Technology Group; No Nav or Sat radio

I haven't had any issues with the car and enjoy driving it daily. Seats are comfy and the Alpine upgrade was more than worth the $500 price tag in my opinion. Extremely happy with the car. Not remembering when I last filled the tank is a new feeling for me too which I'm kinda enjoying.
    Last edited by kylej1050; 11-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is Wanting to install other car
    parts!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye from the Texas Motorspeedway.
    Mods
    MP shorty antenna,MP STS, DMR motor mounts.
    Liked
    734 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.4T
    3600+ miles
    6 speed

This car is the SHIZNIT!! (Can I say that?)

Usually drive it nice and easy, but there is a BRAND NEW TWO LANE ON RAMP that's probably a quarter mile long where I get on the highway every morning. It's rather fun.

No problems other than the fact that I don't get paid to drive it.
    UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is lovin every minute of it

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--Love it!
    Mods
    HP (free) Mod, Drift Charm, Racetrack taillights
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine: 1.4turbo multiair
    Transmission: 6 speed manual
    Rallye - Love the Black insets
    Current mileage: 3029
    Driving style: Fast as the car in front of me or faster then the car next to me at a stop light
    Type of driving: Work in City live in township

Love this car have had no problems. Have a smile on my face while driving - 21 year old son and myself fight over who gets to drive. I usually win but I have to give in once in a while. I think it has great get up and go, everything is in the right place. Love the lighted cup holders for my coffee in the morning. Absolutely love my touchscreen navigator 8.4, dont use the sirus radio too much because when I get in all my music starts playing from my iphone. I never have to dig out my phone out of my bag, it just connects automatically. I can have the music as loud as I want and don't have to worry about missing a phone call from the kids, because the music will stop and my ringtone will come over the speakers. Love the feel, love the look, love the turbo -- I am hooked (sorry got a little carried away)

Gas mileage is great averaging about 30mpg. The backup camera is awesome. Haven't had one problem except a little noise in the dash and it was a pen in my glove box in the cute little pen holder and the garage door opener on my visor. So A+ to chrysler so far. Had a May 2012 build date so I think it was pretty early production and I am sure it will only get better from here. I am hoping to see a big difference in how much I spend it gas. It gets double the mileage of my last car (Chrysler Pacifica and I loved it too), but I can't quit driving the Dart, so I am driving twice as much (or even a little more) so I was a little nervous going from a big wagon to a small car, but I absolutely have no regrets! DART Wins! Go with the TURBO!

Racetrack tail lights and short shifter will be my mods when I get my income tax refund!
    Last edited by phantomdog; 11-09-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: forgot type of driving
    UN4GTBL, kylej1050, Soren and 1 others like this.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4T DDCT w/ Preferred Option Group, Premium Audio, UConnect Voice, pitch black
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 1.4T with DDCT (not part of recall, apparently), had it a couple of months, and only 900 miles. I don't drive to work (live in a city with some usable public transportation (L.A., despite its reputation), so it's mostly just around town and occasional weekend getaways. Mostly suburban city type driving.

It took me 2 days to get used to the way the DDCT works. It's not quite like an auto. You do have to punch the gas just a bit to get it to move out. But once you acquire that habit, it's great, and actually quite responsive; perfectly adequate even at low torque.

There are very few Darts on the road out here in the Far West so far, but I get men (so far no women) sometimes pretty obviously scoping out the looks of this car they've not seen before.

I find it comfortable, well designed from an ergonomic point of view (I have the 1.4 screen but not the full display dash... my ony complaint in fact is that the speedometer isn't very well designed graphically. I use the digital display for mph).

Gas mileage has been slightly below what I expected, but that's probably because I drive mostly very short trips. When I drive it 20 miles on the freeway it does quite well >30. I don't really expect more than that, because I drive it relatively aggressively.

I wonder if equipped like my car this car may be too pricey for this class, but I suspect anyone who plunks down the cash for this car, instead of quite a bit more for something like a Jetta or even an A-4, will not be disappointed.
    UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.

Newb
    Rep

is cool dude

Vehicle
    2013 dodge dart rallye blue streak pearle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no probs yet exept its a pian in the ass to find wheels for it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads