Dodge Dart Forum banner

Chrysler Nationals Top 3 Darts!

5K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  57ChryslerDart 
#1 ·
Congratulations viperman in 2nd! And to myself in 3rd!

Text Font

See less See more
#8 ·
It was great meeting you Jordan and all the other guys from the forum too. We had a really good time. Looking forward to the the Mopar Nats in a few weeks. I'm sure there will be a lot more Darts there.

Reactions: preed4962
#9 ·
Congrats everyone!! Wish I could've gone...

#10 ·
Should have pics of the Darts so we can see
They've been up since Friday morning in the "Darts at Carlisle" thread. :big smile:

#22 · (Edited)
The M'13 that won first place is not a member here?
Nathan Kirby is a member of the forum (@natek12) ... and he just happens to own the lowest vehicle # of all the MOPAR '13 Darts registered here (i.e., 12/500).

While taking nothing away from all the hard work & dollars that @viperman96 & @BlueStreak have put into modifying their Darts, the 2014 Carlisle Chrysler Nats "2013 & UP DART" class included both stock & modified Darts (i.e., an "ALL" class vice divided into a separate "STOCK" & "MODIFIED" classes) ... and perhaps the judges felt the rareness of the vehicle and/or its authenticity (i.e., little or no mods from how it came from the factory) deserved the 1st place ranking.

As an owner/builder of a vintage Italian sports car, four Hot Rods and several restored '50s-'70s Chrysler products, I can somewhat understand your frustration with the judges decision ... It's always a boost to your ego to have your (modified or restored) vehicle recognized by your peers ... but long ago, I came to realize that I build my "special interest" cars to please myself rather than some judges at a car show (or folks on an Internet forum :rolleyes:) ... and more importantly, to enjoy my cars for what they were intended ... for DRIVING! (i.e, I will never own or build a "trailer queen").

#13 ·
The M'13 that won first place is not a member here?
Not sure Paul, he wasn't very outgoing,lol. I hope he was a member but I don't think so. It would be great to have taken the top 3 spots with forum members.

#14 ·
I'm curious, did he have his car modified at all?

#15 ·
I'm curious, did he have his car modified at all?
Nope, bone stock.

#17 ·
Yeah, that's what I thought. Sorry man, you deserve better recognition for the amount of work you've put into that car.

#19 ·
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed for a lot of us. There was a lot of guys there that put a lot of work into their rides and to just get second and third to a stock car was disappointing. I'm very happy to get second place, don't get me wrong. But it would be a little less painful if he had a totally tricked out Dart.

#25 ·
I just don't get the negativity...I gave my respect where it was due and I cast my vote for @viperman96 Dart, I thought it was well put together and it was unique. But my Dart is not bone stock, it may not have all the visual upgrades that @viperman96 and @BlueStreak had, but the point of the blue stripe is to make it stand out like theirs do. I thought the Dart community had a great turn out at the show and there were some quality builds there. I apologize i wasn't very outgoing there, as I was also there to enjoy the 100 years worth of Mopar history that was there, but I did meet some great Dart guys there and enjoyed being a part of the B300 class with you. Just please don't bash on someone's car if you didn't take the time to notice if any work was done to it. Never less, congrats to @viperman96 and @BlueStreak on your finishes at the show, I hope to compete against you there next year as well.

#26 ·
Sorry for not catching your mods. I never saw your car with the hood up. My bad. Congrats on getting first place. I'm glad forum members took all the top 3 spots.
:)

Reactions: undfeatable
#27 ·
No problem man, must've just caught it right after that first drizzle we had. But seriously, thought your car looked great up there! Hope to see you there next year.

#33 ·
Dont forget guys there are no "judges", everyone registered on the fun field gets a list of specific classes to "judge". My buddy who brought his Dakota was "judging" our class. The same with my dad who brought his srt Challenger. I have been going to this show for a long time, 20+ years and the fact of the matter is that most people who judge only really pay attention to their class, and usually pick the first car they see in the others to get their vote sheet done quicker. By no means am I taking anything away from who won, just wanted to say how the judging seems to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.