Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

iPhone vs. Android for UConnect

This is a discussion on iPhone vs. Android for UConnect within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; I'm not sure if there is a thread like this... I use the search before anyone yells at me (which I've always sucked at btw ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: iPhone vs. Android for UConnect

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Dodge Dart
    Liked
    65 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPhone vs. Android for UConnect

I'm not sure if there is a thread like this... I use the search before anyone yells at me (which I've always sucked at btw even though I am very tech savvy). ANYWAYS. My question here is, do you Android users see the title of the song and information when you connect it via USB? I wonder because I am wanting to sell my iPhone 4S to purchase a Galaxy S4. Yes I know it's fairly new and might not work with some features but down the road maybe with an update it will work. Regardless I'm just curious if Androids also have that feature? I know UConnect is powered by Gracenote, but I realized when I plug in my iPhone 4S the Uconnect recognizes it as "iPod" on the screen, so that is why I have the question.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Edition 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed Manual Redline Red
    Mods
    k&n intake, mpx strut bar , brighttails.com grill kit ,20% rear 30% front tint. acrylic conceptions
    Liked
    97 times
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will let you know tomorrow when i pick up my s4

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Dodge Dart
    Liked
    65 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 714Dart View Post
    will let you know tomorrow when i pick up my s4
    Perfect! It's beast, I tested it out today at Best Buy. Me being a little iSheep, it made me want to give up my cell phone haha

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Mods
    k&n intake, mpx strut bar , brighttails.com grill kit ,20% rear 30% front tint. acrylic conceptions
    Liked
    97 times
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just switched cell companys today the s4 wont be in stock till tomorrow afternoon so i haveto go back and pick 2 of them up

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Dodge Dart
    Liked
    65 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which cell company did you switch from? I just noticed the 714 in your name and was like "Hey I know that! It's an area code!" LOL I have Sprint... but since they are lagging it on 4G, next year I will be switching to T-Mobile. I love fast, but 3G on the iPhone is way to slow to cope with. I live in Pomona and attend college up north in Glendora, I know I put "Los Angeles" as my location just because everyone knows where Los Angeles is lol.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Mods
    Liked
    97 times
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we switched from tmobile to sprint for 2 reasons 1... tmobile no longer has contracts so u have to pay full price for phones but plans are like $20 cheaper...soo no more upgrading with them...everytime u want a new phone u must pay the full price (most new phones are like 500-800$). 2 we both get better discounts thru our jobs for sprint....also if u didnt know...if ur a member of a credit union or AAA u get a discount...pricing for what u get at sprint is 1000x better then anything at tmobile...unlimited mobile to any mobile is awesome 99% of the ppl around have cells not house phones...we had tmobile for 10 yrs and we just switched. tmobile has extremely spotty 4g of any. plus there networks are loosing lots of signal in places where they should have medium to high (aka my house it would say i had no signal when i never had an issue before and it would be in the 2g area)

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Mods
    Liked
    97 times
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i just tested out the s4 wiht the uconnect and well it will not connect to it via usb cable and streaming it via blue tooth it dosnt show the song name or artist i still need to play wiht it a bit more to fully test it out

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Dodge Dart
    Liked
    65 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the exact boat as you as far as cellphone companies, but I am switching to T-Mobile. I don't mind paying full price as I do tend to sell my current phone, and then buy a new one which ends up being the same as buying with contract. (well not really, still like $100 dollars more expensive) but anyways, I did the math, and I would save up $100 a month by simply switching to T-Mobile. I like the flexibility they give you, in choosing +$10 for 2GB or +$20 for unlimited. At home I use WiFi and signal bars here is better than Sprints where I live. Not part of the credit union, but I have heard nothing but good things from them so good job in having that.

As far as the Galaxy S4 goes. I am jealous. 2ndly, thanks for checking up. In the future if there is an update of some sort check back to see if any functionality work

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0 auto
    Liked
    167 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 714Dart View Post
    ok i just tested out the s4 wiht the uconnect and well it will not connect to it via usb cable and streaming it via blue tooth it dosnt show the song name or artist i still need to play wiht it a bit more to fully test it out
    The bluetooth thing is normal with Uconnect. My wife's iphone 5 ,my Nokia Windows 8 phone and my Samsung Galaxy player does what you describe with bluetooth audio. If you want access to all the cool text messaging features of Uconnect do not get iphones. Apple does not let third parties have access to their message system. For Android based phone I'm quite sure if you want Uconnect to have access to your music, you have to put the phone is usb mass storage mode. The system will then read the phone like a usb flash drive. Good Luck. I am a huge Windows 8 phone fan. If I were you I'd get a Nokia 920
    Last edited by dby2011; 05-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Super Moderator
    Rank

Rep

is knocking on the sky and
    listening to the sound.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.0L Citrus Peel.
    Liked
    160 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an iPhone5 and moved to the HTC One when it launched for Sprint a week ago. I like it more then the S4 and the iPhone5. I was hoping the text messaging feature would work with uConnect when I switched from iOS to Android but alas, still nothing. I had the same problem as you with the iPhone because I use Spotify and want the song info to be displayed while hooked up via USB but it will not do that like my Juke did.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads