Dodge Dart Forum banner

Tuner/SalesCodes/ECU Swap

6K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  REZNICK 
#1 ·
So... i sent off an email today.. awaiting response.
Id like to share it with the class and get opinions as i wait.. so heres the email i fired off. @Exitus04 @josh16

"A question i believe everyone wants answered and/or verified.

Since the Fiat 500L 1.4L can surpass the 200HP threshold and the Dodge Dart 1.4L seems to have a lot of loops to jump through to surpass the 200HP threshold..*

Both of these cars have the same engine, and what appears to be the same ECU, maybe a different model of Magnelli ecu, but both magnelli.. *

With that said, could we not do 1 of 2 things;

A: do an ecu swap, the 500L's ecu to the Dart. To get that extra performance the 500L is capable of..
OR
B: Modify/map the darts ecu the same as the 500L"

Is this possible? Do they share the same ECU/ECM? Could they be interchangeable or Mapped the same?

Thank you.*

We are still learning all we can about the darts and we appreciate all info and insite we can get based on the two models.*

There has been many mixed answers from different vendors about the ECU/ECM on both of these vehicles, it appears that no straight answer has been able to be given.*

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Who did you send this to?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
@REZNICK who did you send the email to? I bet that the best vendor to contact regarding this is EC as they work with the ECU of both platforms.

Another option would be to contact Skyed tuning as I believe he is the only one able to VIN flash ECUs. Something that I read he spent over a year on. This is something that dodge software engineers can only do with new ECUs but he is apparently able to do it with used ones as well. If you pickup a 500 ECU then with the help of Skyed and maybe Aleksei from alfaobd you might have a shot at getting it to work. Of course this is all speculation

#4 ·
After @youngsmith53 run in with Syked. I'll never deal with them. Already removed my Tune Bookmark from browser.

But i understand what you are saying. Will have to find some avenues.
@Exitus04 @josh16
Sent this to Jack at UniChip. They do the 500L as well. So maybe there will be insite from him.
@Exitus04
I also confirmed.. the Q4 is "flashable" through PC.

Reactions: hvac999
#9 ·
Where did you hear that the 500L gets beyond 200hp more easily than the Dart? I believe there are even less tuning options for it than for the Dart. I've just looked at Unichip's US website. They don't offer a "kit" for the 500L at all, just the 500 Abarth, however their dyno runs have absurd numbers. They show the 500 Abarth making 180 wheel horsepower and almost 222lbs-ft of wheel torque on its stock run. That's totally ridiculous, and assuming drivetrain loss of around 10% should be closer to 145hp/155lbs-ft (the Abarth makes less torque than the Dart). The numbers on the Dart's dyno sheet are also grossly overstated. Even if they did have a dyno tune that showed 254hp for a 1.4T vehicle (which I didn't find), I wouldn't believe it for a second.

EC does offer a flash tune for the 500L, but the power increases claimed are a little less than for the Stage 1 Dart tune. The Dart also has a more powerful Stage 2 tune, which I don't believe is available for the 500L. I can find no evidence anywhere that the 500L is a better platform for tuning than a 1.4T Dart. In fact, I'm almost certain that the 500L and Dart have the exact same drivetrain and ECU. The 500L doesn't even appear to have the "Sport" mode button that I think every other 500 has (including the 1.4T Abarth and 500T), but which is notably absent in the Dart and its "one tune only" ECU.

#11 ·
Would changing the vehicle config take away that extra performance gain from that ecu...
I just want to bypass the damn Economy brain this thing has.

#14 ·
@jsblanch your focusing on 1 word from what im trying to address.. which is "500L"
The point of the conversation is to find an ecu that can be brained to the Dart and avoid its eco mode or have the ability to have "sport/eco" within its capability.

#15 ·
Unless youre willing to pay a lot of money to have a one off ECU built for you... i dont think its possible.

#25 ·
@REZNICK 05 actually. Can pick one up pretty cheap now also the SRT4 Caliber is nothing to sneeze at either if you want something more modern.
@Exitus04
Shoulda gotten it haha. Mine was a winter DD before i bought it, handled fine in the snow with dedicated winter tires from what they told me. I mean Canadian winters are nothing to sneeze at hahs

Reactions: REZNICK
#26 ·
I've been looking around at NSRT4s and all the ones in the Toronto/GTA are either beat to hell and the mint ones are way too over priced. There's some decent CSRT4s but I personally prefer the NSRT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.