ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment) - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment)

This is a discussion on ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment) within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; I would have liked to figure how to do it if it could. The light would blink for 75 seconds and then stay solid. I ...

User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      251 times
      Mentioned
      34 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I would have liked to figure how to do it if it could. The light would blink for 75 seconds and then stay solid. I was able to get it to tell me that I had a code C1504-31 which was no signal from sensor 4, left rear. I got my snow tire TPM sensors on eBay.
      In the FSM, there is a code, C1597-00-TPM SYSTEM DEACTIVATED-WINTER MODE and it says the light would stay on for that code as well.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited/1.4T/Dual-Clutch Transmission/Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      50 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
      Does this program allow you to access the TPMS sensor functionand turn off the light on the dash?

AlfaOBD can only work with the programming in the car, and highly I doubt there's any functionality built in by Dodge to allow you to ignore valid fault warnings. Never mind the liability issues of allowing you to ignore dangerous conditions with your tires, just think of all the lost service department profits!

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3167 times
      Mentioned
      160 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      I would have liked to figure how to do it if it could. The light would blink for 75 seconds and then stay solid. I was able to get it to tell me that I had a code C1504-31 which was no signal from sensor 4, left rear. I got my snow tire TPM sensors on eBay.
      In the FSM, there is a code, C1597-00-TPM SYSTEM DEACTIVATED-WINTER MODE and it says the light would stay on for that code as well.
      That's likely the code it throws when it self-tests ok but detects no sensors in any tires. As I recall, TPMS is required by US regulations, so there really should be no built-in mechanism for disabling it that it doesn't interpret as a fault and illuminate the light.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4
      Liked
      117 times
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Just giving everyone an update. I received the OBD2 adapters yesterday to access additional modules that I posted in the OP (climate control, radio, etc) and they connect perfectly. I was able to run a test to diagnose which one of my speakers was on the frits (turned out to be drivers rear) now to book an appointment with the dealer to get it swapped out under warranty.

I did have one fault, I tried googling around and couldn't find answers. Could someone on the org help out?

Reading faults for: Convergence Telematic Module Marelli

2017-02-22 7:37:16 PM
      Faults found.
      U11B8
      Last edited by josh16; 02-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.
      2014 Dart Rallye

Modifications:
      Appearance:
      Solargard Tint (22% front, 17% rear)
      Mopar "Dart" Sill Guards, front and rear splash guards
      Brighttails error free full LED conversion (interior, license, reverse)
      Gloss Black Plasti-Dipped 17" Rallye Rims, Red Painted Calipers
      Morimoto 9012 HIDs 5000K & H11 LEDs 5500K
      TFT display

Performance:
      HPSI cold air intake with ram air
      RRM Stage 1 (Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley)
      Sprint Booster
      Champion RE16MC Copper plugs (gapped 0.047)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      251 times
      Mentioned
      34 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Here are a couple diagnostic trees. If you need another section that is referenced, let me know.

MODULE, Convergence Telematics / Diagnosis and Testing

U11B8-00 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INTEGRATED CENTER STACK (ICS)

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

•When Monitored:
      Continuously when the ignition is on.

The battery voltage is between 10 and 16 volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
      Bus messages not received from the Integrated Center Stack (ICS) for approximately ten seconds.

Possible Causes

CAN BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
      DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
      INTEGRATED CENTER STACK POWER AND GROUND
      BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
      INTEGRATED CENTER STACK (ICS)
      MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

VERIFY THE DTC IS ACTIVE

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read active DTCs.

Is this DTC active?

Yes

•(Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the U11B8-87-Lost Communication With Integrated Center Stack (ICS) diagnostic procedure.

No

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the Stored Lost Communication DTCs diagnostic procedure.

MODULE, Body Control (BCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

U11B8-87-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INTEGRATED CENTER STACK (ICS) - MISSING MESSAGE

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

Theory of Operation

The primary communication network between electronic control modules is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. The Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus allows all electronic modules connected to the bus to share information with each other. Regardless of whether a message originates from a module on the higher speed CAN C (500K) Bus or on the lower speed bus, CAN Interior High Speed (IHS) (125K) Bus, the message structure and layout is similar, which allows the Body Control Module (BCM) to process and transfer messages between the CAN buses. The BCM stores Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) for certain bus network faults on the CAN C (500K) Bus and CAN IHS (125K) Bus.

The CAN bus modules are connected in parallel to the two-wire bus using a twisted pair, where the wires are wrapped around each other to provide shielding from unwanted electromagnetic induction, thus preventing interference with the relatively low voltage signals being carried through them. While the CAN bus is operating (active), one of the bus wires will carry a higher voltage and is referred to as the CAN High or CAN bus (+) wire, while the other bus wire will carry a lower voltage and is referred to as the CAN Low or CAN bus (-) wire.

For additional information on the communication network and star connector locations, (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/COMMUNICATION - Description) .

08 - Electrical / 8E - Electronic Control Modules / COMMUNICATION / Description

DESCRIPTION

The primary on-board communication network between microcontroller-based electronic control modules in this vehicle is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. A data bus network minimizes redundant wiring connections; and, at the same time, reduces wire harness complexity, sensor current loads and controller hardware by allowing each sensing device to be connected to only one module (also referred to as a node). Each node reads, then broadcasts its sensor data over the bus for use by all other nodes requiring that data. Each node ignores the messages on the bus that it cannot use.

The CAN bus is a two-wire multiplex system. Multiplexing is any system that enables the transmission of multiple messages with modules over a single channel or circuit. In addition to the CAN bus network, certain nodes may also be equipped with a Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus. The LIN data bus is a single wire low-speed (9.6 Kbps) serial link bus used to provide direct communication between a LIN master module and certain switch or sensor inputs.

There are two separate CAN bus systems used in the vehicle. They are designated: the CAN-C, and the CAN-IHS. The CAN-C and CAN-IHS systems provide on-board communication between all of the nodes that are connected to them. The CAN-C system provides near real-time communication (500 Kbps) between more critical nodes; and the CAN-IHS system provides (125 Kbps) for less critical nodes.

The added speed of the CAN data bus is many times faster than previous data bus systems. This added speed facilitates the addition of more electronic control modules or nodes and the potential for more new electronic features in the vehicle.

The Body Control Module (BCM) or Central Gateway Module (CGW) is connected to the CAN-IHS and CAN-C buses. This gateway physically and electrically isolates the CAN buses from each other and coordinates the bi-directional transfer of messages between them. The BCM is located under the left hand side of the instrument panel.

•When Monitored:
      With the ignition on for at least five seconds.

Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
      Bus messages not received from the Integrated Center Stack (ICS) for approximately two to five seconds.

Possible Causes

CAN IHS BUS (125K) (+) CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
      CAN IHS BUS (125K) (-) CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
      DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
      BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
      ICS POWER AND GROUND
      INTEGRATED CENTER STACK (ICS)
      MODULE THAT SET THE DTC

1.VERIFY DTC IS ACTIVE

NOTE: Make sure the battery voltage is between 10 and 16 volts before proceeding.

1. With the scan tool, read active DTCs.

Is this DTC active?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the STORED LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS diagnostic procedure.

2.CHECK FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVE DTCS

1. With the scan tool, read active DTCs from all modules.

NOTE: Check for BCM configuration, CAN Interior Bus hardware electrical, VIN Missing/Mismatch, battery or ignition related DTCs.

Does the scan tool display any active DTCs to the conditions listed above?

Yes

•Go to and perform the appropriate diagnostic procedure.

No

•Go To 3

3.VERIFY THE INTEGRATED CENTER STACK (ICS) IS ACTIVE ON THE BUS

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, verify the ICS is active on the bus.

Is the ICS active on the bus?

Yes

•Go To 4

No

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the NO RESPONSE FROM ICS (INTEGRATED CENTER STACK) diagnostic procedure.

4.CHECK FOR ADDITIONAL COMMUNICATION RELATED DTCS

1. With the scan tool, read all the DTCs.

Is there more than one module with active DTCs “Logged Against” the ICS ?

Yes

•Replace/update the Integrated Center Stack (ICS) in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 5

5.CLEAR DTC IN MODULE SETTING FAULT

1. With the scan tool, select the module setting the DTC against the ICS.

2. Clear active DTCs.

Is this DTC still active?

Yes

•Replace/update the module that set this DTC in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate verification test for the module being replaced. If there is no verification test for the associated module perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 6

6.CYCLE IGNITION

1. Cycle the ignition from RUN to OFF three times ending with the key in the RUN position.

Does this DTC become active?

Yes

•Go To 7

No

•The condition is not present at this time. Using the wiring diagrams as a guide, check all related splices and connectors for signs of water intrusion, corrosion, pushed out or bent terminals, and correct pin tension.
      •Perform the appropriate verification test for the module. If there is no verification test for the associated module perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

7.CHECK FOR ADDITIONAL LOST COMMUNICATION FAULTS

1. With the scan tool, view the modules.

Does the BCM and other CAN IHS BUS modules show Lost Communication with the remaining CAN IHS BUS modules?

Yes

•Go To 8

No

•Replace/update the module that set this DTC in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate verification test for the module being replaced. If there is no verification test for the associated module perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

8.CHECK THE CAN IHS BUS (125K) (+) CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO VOLTAGE

Name:  dartdlctest1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.5 KB

1. Measure the voltage between the (D157) CAN IHS Bus (125K) (+) circuit and ground.

Is the voltage above 5.0 volts?

Yes

•Repair the short to voltage in the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (+) circuit. The short to voltage is present in one of the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (+) circuits. Use the Star Connectors to isolate portions of the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (+) in order to locate the concern.
      •Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 9

9.CHECK THE CAN IHS BUS (125K) (-) CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

Name:  dartdlctest2.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  26.7 KB

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Measure the resistance between ground and the (D158) CAN IHS Bus (125K) (-) circuit.

Is the resistance below 10k Ohms?

Yes

•Repair the short to ground in the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (-) circuit. The short to ground is present in one of the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (-) circuits. Use the Star Connectors to isolate portions of the CAN IHS Bus (125K) (-) in order to locate the concern.

No

Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 02-23-2017 at 10:08 AM.
      PeterSteele likes this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart SXT 1.4
      Mods
      TFT Cluster Swap | RB5 Swap | Footwell LED's | IP Bezel LED Swap | Kicker 8" Sub & 6x9's
      Liked
      116 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Can you add sales codes to a vehicle with all of this?

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4
      Liked
      117 times
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Javelin3o4 View Post
      Can you add sales codes to a vehicle with all of this?
      As far as I can tell no we can't.
      2014 Dart Rallye

Modifications:
      Appearance:
      Solargard Tint (22% front, 17% rear)
      Mopar "Dart" Sill Guards, front and rear splash guards
      Brighttails error free full LED conversion (interior, license, reverse)
      Gloss Black Plasti-Dipped 17" Rallye Rims, Red Painted Calipers
      Morimoto 9012 HIDs 5000K & H11 LEDs 5500K
      TFT display

Performance:
      HPSI cold air intake with ram air
      RRM Stage 1 (Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley)
      Sprint Booster
      Champion RE16MC Copper plugs (gapped 0.047)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited/1.4T/Dual-Clutch Transmission/Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      50 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      You may or may not actually need to, once the proxi is done, and depending on what you're changing.

That said, it might be a thing to talk to the developer about. He'll answer you, very quickly, in my experience so far.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      1999 Durango, 2004 ram1500, 2005 magnum, 2015 Dart Aero
      Liked
      14 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Very NICE! Thanks! Looks like a new tool for my garage!

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3167 times
      Mentioned
      160 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterSteele View Post
      You may or may not actually need to, once the proxi is done, and depending on what you're changing.

That said, it might be a thing to talk to the developer about. He'll answer you, very quickly, in my experience so far.
      Do "sales codes" actually add features (ie. code) to the BCM, or do they just enable otherwise dormant features? I would expect that for the sake of simplicity, all BCMs would be manufactured with identical software and the relevant features for a given vehicle would be activated during the assembly process.

Also, would the OBDLink SX USB adapter work just as well as the MX Bluetooth adapter? The MX is an extremely expensive adapter and the SX is like 1/6th the price, at least here in Canada. From what I can tell, the MX's additional features are for compatibility with proprietary Ford and GM CAN bus setups, but I know little about these connectors.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links