FCA Working on Dodge Dart RB5 iPod Control Issues - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

FCA Working on Dodge Dart RB5 iPod Control Issues

This is a discussion on FCA Working on Dodge Dart RB5 iPod Control Issues within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Originally Posted by darthb Is there some sort of legal process we can get going to up the urgency of this pathetic outcome??? This all ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree28Likes

Thread: FCA Working on Dodge Dart RB5 iPod Control Issues

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited/1.4T/Dual-Clutch Transmission/Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      47 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by darthb View Post
      Is there some sort of legal process we can get going to up the urgency of this pathetic outcome??? This all equates to negligence in my book. There's nothing that will convince me that a 2015 model vehicle with 2010 technology should have been sold without giving consumers fair warning. We shouldn't have to come to a forum to realize their screw up!

Just wait until you find out how much technology from the 90's is in there, too.

The 1890's, I mean. Sheet metal stampings?!?! WHEELS?!?!?! My god. Look at all the technological screw ups they've made here!

Seriously though, this is a budget car. Why would you expect them to put the same stuff in it that they put in the cars that make the money?

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3123 times
      Mentioned
      154 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by darthb View Post
      Is there some sort of legal process we can get going to up the urgency of this pathetic outcome??? This all equates to negligence in my book. There's nothing that will convince me that a 2015 model vehicle with 2010 technology should have been sold without giving consumers fair warning. We shouldn't have to come to a forum to realize their screw up!
      The Uconnect 8.4 does exactly what it was designed and advertised to do. There is no "screw up", the Dart just came at what turned out to be an awkward time for the Uconnect. If it had hit the drawing board a year later, it would have likely been designed around the Uconnect 8.4A, along with the 2014 Cherokee and the redesigned 2014 Grand Cherokee. But it didn't. It was designed around the system that was available, the Uconnect 8.4. Since the two Uconnect systems are absolutely not interchangeable (the Uconnect 8.4A is far more complex and interfaces heavily with all of the vehicles systems, while the Uconnect 8.4 doesn't really interface with any other vehicle systems at all), there was no chance the Dart would use the Uconnect 8.4A until it was "refreshed" and redesigned. That likely would have been the 2017 Dart.

Your claim that it is "negligent" to use 2010 technology in a 2015 vehicle is simply not credible. By your standard, every automaker should be sued because every single car they sell has substandard tires, brakes, suspension, steering, engines, transmissions, seats, windows, and lights. An automaker is under absolutely no obligation to use the most advanced technology available for any component or system. Nor are they under any obligation to tell anybody when they don't. The Dart is an entry-level compact economy sedan. Nobody should reasonably expect a car of that class to be at the bleeding edge of technology.

KrS
      Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Weeeee, gone driving!!

Vehicle
      2015 Dart Limited Pitch Black 2015 Ford Escape Ti AWD 2.0 EcoBoost
      Liked
      77 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      While I agree with what you're saying mostly, on the flip side of that, how many phones actually can use the TXT feature? 1%, less than that? And I'm talking about phones from that era too.

THAT is a valid grumble

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3123 times
      Mentioned
      154 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by KrS View Post
      While I agree with what you're saying mostly, on the flip side of that, how many phones actually can use the TXT feature? 1%, less than that? And I'm talking about phones from that era too.

THAT is a valid grumble
      My Galaxy S5 works with the text feature, though not until the Android "Lollipop" update (the phone shipped with KitKat). Android updated the Bluetooth implementation a lot with Lollipop. And of course my iPhone 3GS that I had when I bought my Dart didn't support it (it couldn't). It's certainly more than 1% of phones that support it. How well does this feature work in other infotainment systems designed in 2010? As I pointed out, the Dart came at an awkward time for the Uconnect. Just one model year after its launch, the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee and the redesigned Grand Cherokee had the Uconnect 8.4A, which of course had (and has) way better features. But you know what? In a couple of years, people are going to be moaning and whining about how much their Uconnect 8.4A sucks compared to the new Uconnect 12.7 or whatever (Tesla has made epic touchscreen surfaces cool). Such is the nature of cars that have life-cycles measured in half a decade adopting technology that has a life cycle of 6-12 months.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is I lost my status. Can you help
      me find it?

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Mods
      OEM Stock for life
      Liked
      55 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by KrS View Post

THAT is a valid grumble
      I'll never understand the desire to read/hear text messages from my phone on my car radio. I just want to listen to music... It is a radio after all. Apparently I'm just out of touch when it comes to other peoples desires with their cars.
      Shotgun1125 likes this.
      2015 Dodge Dart GT (Daily Driver)
      2006 Dodge Charger Daytona Top Banana #3874
      1996 BMW 328is (for sale)
      1970 Dodge Dart Custom 225 Slant Six

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0 auto
      Liked
      222 times
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Android Auto is now available using your phones interface, Motorola (I used a X Pure and Z Play) has a texting feature built into their phones and Windows 10 phones also have a texting feature. I tested all and they work through Uconnect 8.4. There are options. You're out of luck if you are with Apple though. BTW for the past 4 years I have been using a 32gb sdcard loaded with 7K mp3s. I use folder view when searching for music as I have everything organized in artist and then album subfolders. It works very well. Yes, the iPod interface sucks and it never worked right but you still can make the most of it with other options.
      Shotgun1125 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is I lost my status. Can you help
      me find it?

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Mods
      OEM Stock for life
      Liked
      55 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Still, the best possible outcome is that someone who knows programing gets interested in this platform and creates their own software for it. I don't trust FCA to get this into correct working condition for the majority of us.
      SylenThunder and Shotgun1125 like this.
      2015 Dodge Dart GT (Daily Driver)
      2006 Dodge Charger Daytona Top Banana #3874
      1996 BMW 328is (for sale)
      1970 Dodge Dart Custom 225 Slant Six

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Rallye Blacktop
      Liked
      26 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have some good news..finally.

FCA released an update to the RB5 in December which I guess didn't show up as available on the uconnect website until a couple weeks ago. I've been running it for about 6 days so far and it seems better. One major change I did notice was Albums are now correctly ordered by track number and not apha-numeric. I'm trying to get a hold of FCA for a more detailed change log (if one exists)

I'd be happy to make the file available somewhere, but keep in mind you flash the RB5 at your own risk.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited/1.4T/Dual-Clutch Transmission/Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      47 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun1125 View Post
      I have some good news..finally.

FCA released an update to the RB5 in December which I guess didn't show up as available on the uconnect website until a couple weeks ago. I've been running it for about 6 days so far and it seems better. One major change I did notice was Albums are now correctly ordered by track number and not apha-numeric. I'm trying to get a hold of FCA for a more detailed change log (if one exists)

I'd be happy to make the file available somewhere, but keep in mind you flash the RB5 at your own risk.

hot damn! I gotta go hunt this one down.

How long did it take to install?

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Rallye Blacktop
      Liked
      26 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterSteele View Post
      hot damn! I gotta go hunt this one down.

How long did it take to install?
      Not as long as they warn in the instructions, about 20 minutes to update. BUT... cataloguing took about 40 minutes when I first plugged my ipod in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links