Dodge Dart Forum banner

Anyone else seeing these issues?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bobcubs08 
#1 ·
Hi all...having some problems with my 2013 Dart Limited and curious if anyone else is seeing the same problems. Everything started with a very loud noise when the air recirculate button was pushed. The sound was very similar to a playing card in bike spokes. The dealership could not find a problem and the issue was gone when I picked the car up. However, the air recirculate would then kick on by itself with no button indicator light or change to the climate display screen on my Uconnect. It would turn off if I cycled either button control but would then kick back on at random times, always with no indicator light. I took it in again and was told it was fixed...they had to replace the A/C - heater "module". However, right after I got it back the odometer started flashing and the A/C would now turn on by itself also with no indicator or button lights . I took it back again and it appeared fixed, but today I noticed the A/C was kicking on by itself again and the automatic lights were coming on and off at random. This is the latest of a handful of problems I've had...

- Front driver and passenger floor carpet started fraying for no reason...carpet replaced by warranty
- Loud noise when first releasing e-brake...rear brakes not unlocking when brake is released. Intermittent, dealer unable to replicate - not fixed
- TFT screen flashing when car is stopped and key is off...seems to be related to the handling of the steering wheel...dealer unable to replicate - not fixed
- Crackling noise from steering wheel or column when steering...intermittent, dealer unable to replicate - not fixed

I have tried multiple dealers but still having the same problems

I love my car but at this point I'm worried about a lemon issue, car just turned over 17800 miles. When should I be looking into filing a possible claim? Has anyone had any success in dealing with Dodge/Chrysler directly? Any input would be appreciated :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I've seen the carpet issue, though it was a fading issue not a fraying one.

I have not heard of the steering-wheel/TFT thing or the ebrake issues. The crackling from the steering column might actually be related to the TFT issue. Sounds electrical; like there's a short somewhere causing your issue. Especially if the steering wheel movement seems to 'control' your TFT flicker.

Best thing to do in these instances is get a video of it when it happens if you can. It's the easiest way to show what happens, exactly as it happens.

Just don't forget they're not denying that it happens when they "cannot reproduce/replicate", they just can't get it to happen for them. If they can't see/hear the problem they can't find the source of it.

#3 ·
My recirculate very occasionally makes a horrible noise, as does the blower motor, though usually only when it's very cold outside. It doesn't run on its own. The OEM carpets are crap and they will wear through. The loud noise and sticking e-brake is probably just the brake sticking a bit to the rotor from corrosion. Mine does it all the time after it rains heavily or I wash the car, and sometimes just randomly. The steering and TFT issues sound related, perhaps an electrical problem?

A lemon law case will be hard to make if multiple dealers have been unable to even replicate the symptoms. It's based on the number of unsuccessful repair attempts and the number of days the car is at the dealership while repairs are being made, not the number of times you've reported problems that they have legitimately not been able to observe or diagnose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.