Vehicle Car Multimedia Technology Family car

Display device Electronics Electronic device Multimedia Technology

Multimedia Technology Electronics Electronic device Display device

Multimedia Technology Display device Electronic device Vehicle

Vehicle Car Electronics Multimedia Technology

Whats you thoughts?

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Okay, my car was built in September 2012. This is what I get now on my nav screen.

Electronics Text Technology Multimedia Electronic device

Last time I checked on the web though, there were no updates. Guess I'll look again.

So, I went to the Garmin/Chrysler web site. Can't select the Dart because it only covers 2011 and 2012 vehicles. But, if the Dart was available, once you activate the software you follow the instructions on the next page to update your maps.

Text Font Document Technology Paper

#12 ·
There are no official updates to the maps available, and when they are they will probably be almost a year out of date from Garmin's most recent maps (Garmin updates maps quarterly for their first-party systems) and they won't be free. The message that pops up is hard-coded to show up when the existing maps are a year old. Also, the "new" 8.4N isn't just a software update. It requires different hardware that what was installed in the early Darts. If your system fails under warranty, it will be replaced with one of these. It also appears to be the least feature-packed Uconnect system in any current Dodge vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.