Dodge Dart Forum banner

UConnect bug?

10K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Tech1000 
#1 ·
I believe I can replicate this issue on demand. Listen to a song loaded on an sd card and mid-song if you eject the card, the Uconnect screen bugs out and goes all white for a few seconds before rebooting. Anyone else able to replicate this?

#3 ·
I can't claim to have good reasoning but the point is I did it by mistake initially and noticed the consistent aftermath. Should this happen or not is the question? What do you think?

#5 ·
ummmm....yeah...I'm not doing anything that could screw things up since I just got my iPhone to stream music with Uconnect. But I agree with the above comments. It is similar to removing a USB thumb drive or memory card from your computer. It takes some time for it to realize what happened. My advise is to make sure you are not playing a song when you remove the SD card.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm surprised to see that I am alone in my expectations. I would hope that car makers would want a system near simple to the point of no crashes. I was expecting some functions to kick in and prompt me to reinsert the missing card or even advise the user to refrain. Anything but freak-out and power cycle.

My two cents.....

#12 ·
When I pull a usb or memory card out of my pc while in use, it doesn't reboot my pc, it tells me the media was removed. The Dart has usb, right? Does it reboot the unit when you disconnect the usb? If you get the wifi package for your car and you lose connection, should it reboot then also? No, it will keep trying to work or give you a lost connection message or something. No reason they couldn't do the same with removed media.

#16 ·
I suspect that UConnect is written on a flavor of Linux or BSD. Unlike Windows you have mount points for these devices in those OS's. I suspect the removal when is use is causing the file system to look at the mounted device as being corrupt or unusable and is shutting down the system to prevent more damage by removing the mountpoint and not trying to connect to the device. Just my guess. I am not an expect, I just stayed in an Holiday Inn Express last night.

#19 ·
Would anyone really trust msoft for something critical? Airplane announcement...."attention passengers we seemed to have a critical errror and need to reboot the jet immediately. We will be in free fall for the next 3-10 minutes as we reboot and apply critical patches"

#29 ·
I have the same problem as the first one. Only that it does it like 3 to 6 times per day. And I doesn't remove anything at all or use the usb or anything. I only use the bluetooth with my phone (blackberry). But it also happens when it has my wife phone (iphone) or without any phone. 7 trips to the dealer and still can't find the problem.

#30 ·
There should be a log file on the flash system for when it went south. I would hope the dealer or a regional rep could pull it and send it out for analysis. It's QNX based and their RTOS does dump a log when it crashes. Probably a bad USB device driver (or worse...).

#31 ·
I have had the same issue with the screen going out then turning white and then back to normal. I have also had it shut my cell phone off when it was connected via Bluetooth. Connecting to Uconnect via bluetooth with the cellphone has caused the cell phone to shut off and then back on multiple times. The cell phone does not shut off when connected to other Bluetooth items. Any fix on the screen flash to white that anyone knows of?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.