Dodge Dart Forum banner

Door open display light on

13K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  jelli79 
#1 ·
The door open display stays on indicating the front driver door is open on my 2013 Dart Rallye. Really annoying because it beeps and while driving it will go away turn back on like it if was a ground of some kind. Any how thought I'd post this for future Dart owners since I will heading to the dealer in the morning and have it looked at. Thanks for reading.

#2 ·
That happened to mine last week, then my fuel door wouldn't open. Took it to the dealer last week, this week they found wires that had corrosion in the door jam. So they had to order a new wiring harness for my door. Haven't received the part yet.

#5 ·
I looked for a button and couldn't find any, or anything that might finish a ground or something similar and nothing. I thought about taking the door panel of but decided to let it go and have the dealer fix it. Also I looked under the hood and followed some wires around and nothing out the ordinary. Wifey told me just to leave alone lol kinda hard though since I'm use to doing everything on my vehicles

#8 ·
Be sure to keep this updated, I'm curious to see if it was the same replacement part as mine.

#15 ·
Wish that happened to mine, instead its been about 2 weeks being Dart-less.

#17 ·
I also have a car in the dealer now for 5 weeks diagnosing the issues with the fuel door, fuel gauge, clicking in radio, flickering lights....As of today they are ordering a complete door harness and the harness from the door to under the dash. The "green-ish" colored corrosion is spreading through electrolisis. They are not going any further due to lack of symptioms right now. But I have a feeling I will be back in the shop soon. At first they were trying to accuse me of flooding the car in the ocean or something to that effect. I explained that my car is my DD and I travel 250 miles daily for work. So they are getting me a rental car and said if there are any further issues they will handle them as they arise.

#18 ·
According to a friend of mine that is a tech at a Chrysler dealer the trim piece that is right in front of the mirror on the outside can come unsealed and cause water to run down onto to the door wiring between the post and the door and causes the wiring to corrode, he said there has been a few with problems with the switches for the gas door that he has seen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.