Dodge Dart Forum banner

Omg!!!!

15K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  DartMontreal 
#1 ·
Damnit. Went to turn on my wipers. They dont work. Its raining here. It bet its a fried bcm. Taking out my hids and going to the dealership thurs. Fml

#2 ·
Lol, you installed after market hid's and blew it?

#7 ·
Ave a code reader to see if there is anything to read.

#6 ·
Someone on here awhile back, had HID's and resulted into the wipers not working, he didn't take the HID's off and was ruled non Warranty covered so had to pay out of pocket. SO DEFINITELY take off those HID's before going to the dealership!

#11 ·
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.0L / Diagnosis and TestingU0140-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE (TIPM)For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

• When Monitored:Ignition run time is greater than one second. Battery voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.
  • Set Condition:The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) doesn't receive a Body Control Module (BCM) message over the CAN C bus for seven consecutive seconds. The circuit is continuously monitored.

[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"] [TR][TD="align: center"]POSSIBLE CAUSES[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="align: left"]CAN C BUS OPEN OR SHORTED CONDITION[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="align: left"]BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="align: left"]POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

ACTIVE DTC

#15 ·
they will plug in like you did and see its the problem

#20 ·
Did you use a relay harness? I only ask because I didn't initially use one and ended up having the same issue.. I got extremely lucky and got it fixed under warranty tho... hope it works out for you man.

Sent from.. the bar.. most likely..

#24 ·
Update:
Just left the dealership.
Two good news things!
1) i got my fuel filler door fixed. Great job. Looks great and feels much better.
2) Also got my new dash piece put in. Its from a 2014 and looks much nicer.

But.....about the no wipers.
The tech said he scanned it and it came back with a bad wiper motor. I asked him "did ya scan it and it come back with anything"? He said yea, its your wiper motor.

Sooo....an order was placed and should be here in 3-5 business days. I have a feeling that wont fix it. I got home and scanned it with torque and it still comes up with a code to a bad bcm. So now i still have no wipers and I have to wait til that part comes in and still doesnt solve the problem.....damn

#33 ·
I've said it several times on here when people ask about HIDs; you've GOT to use a canbus ballast, and a good one, or you're going to have problems. DDM, TRS, Morimoto, doesn't mean jack where you get it from, if it isn't a canbus ballast, don't get it. All Dodges since around 2006 need them.

#34 ·
This is what I don't understand... I'm running the relay from TRS which is supposed to protect the car from issues. TRS says that the setup will not damage the car if run through their relay (even though it's not a canbus ballast). Is this not accurate? There seems to be some discrepancy surrounding this question.

I'm sure @sx4dude2013 would like to know the answer to this as well.

#36 ·
Update:
The new wiper motor has arrived at my dealer and will be installed at 8am on Mon morning. I look forward to seeing how they proceed when the motor does not fix the problem. The trouble code for the BCM is still being shown by the car and I guess is still stored.

If they report the new motor doesnt fix it I guess I suggest them scan the car? Or how do I handel this?

#37 ·
Update:
The new wiper motor has arrived at my dealer and will be installed at 8am on Mon morning. I look forward to seeing how they proceed when the motor does not fix the problem. The trouble code for the BCM is still being shown by the car and I guess is still stored.

If they report the new motor doesnt fix it I guess I suggest them scan the car? Or how do I handel this?
Nah. They'll scan it and figure it out. Techs don't appreciate owners who act as they know more about things than they do (even when the owner definitely does). Take care of their ego, and they'll take care of you.

#41 ·
They tried a new wiper motor first with mine too..

Sent from.. the bar.. most likely..

#48 ·
at your cost or waived by the warranty?

-pitajr

#63 ·
With all the stories like this one out there, I think I can live without HIDs myself. Not worth the risks in my opinion.

#64 ·
you might need to add a snubber to the relay... inductive componants are sometimes worse than high currents for transistors. basically you add a diaode across the relay coil and it should save the bcm. look up "snubber" or "transient voltage snubber" or "flyback diode" or "tvs diode." google is your friend. i don't want to get too deep into this subject, but with the right diode you shouldn't have problems and there are commercial products marketed for it so you don't have to really spec out your own diodes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.