Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigtoepfer's Build Thread

13K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  Seanski 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 SE Aero 1.4t in White with the "Tech Package" (aka 8.4" with 7"TFT)

Currently I've had Dodge install the kick panel lighting.

But today things took a turn for the interesting. I got my exhaust started.

At first I was thinking JDM Lean!!!
Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Then I got serious and just kept it like the original AERO exhaust because I wanted it to turn down.
Vehicle Auto part Car Exhaust system

So what I have is essentially a 3" catback. Because from the Flange of the "Midpipe" it seems people are calling it. Out to the bumper is all 3" Aluminized Stainless. No muffler. No resonator. Just pure awesome.

Eventually there is a muffler I want to put on it but I have to order it assuming its still even made it has an awesome dolphin tip on it that just looks amazing. But I don't know if its still in production.

And of course I know people are going to want to know how it sounds so we were playing with my buddies gopro and made a little video. Hopefully the link works.

This is just the beginning. I've got plans for coils (BC), Wheels(Trying to decide on sizing), and all intake/intercooler piping(DRP) and intercooler (DRP). Plus a catch can. And probably a stage 1 or 2 tune from Tork. With possibly bigger injectors.

But before I get a tune I want to do full 3" from the turbo back.

See less See more
#4 ·
i want to hear it.

#12 ·
Not bad. I have them 5 clicks from all the way stiff. And I feel like it rides pretty good. It still has a bit of body roll, probably could do with some beefier sway bars. But the overall ride quality isn't bad at all. And thats with myself(190lbs) and a passenger(360lbs) cruising down terrible roads.

#11 ·
this is all the way down. And with one collar removed in the rear. I thought about taking one out in the front. I imagine the way it is designed you can't remove the rear collars without a safety issue. Otherwise I would just remove the whole thing and leave the spring in it. But it would be mighty loose I imagine.

#14 ·
@RallyeRyan a real pain in the ass. Much more so than any other car I've worked on. Due to the fact that so many different tools are involved. And there are all these little torx bolts everywhere that you need an inverted torx socket set for. Although if you are crafty most of them can be taken off with basic tools.

#16 ·
Went out last saturday at 7AM and got a few photos.
Natural landscape Tree Natural environment Sky Grass

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Family car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Family car

And after work today I decided I had to put the hubcaps back on. I just can't really dig on the steels look when they are raw like that.
And someone had asked me to get a picture of the interior lighting so I figured I'd snap a couple of pics of the car too. I really wish I had cleaned it for either of these little photo sessions. I promise I do usually clean it. Both were just impromptu.

Car Vehicle Auto part Steering wheel Subcompact car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive design

#19 ·
I had a "Fender Bender" I already ordered a new fender. $109 on ebay and it is white. After the tune and dyno stuff this weekend I'll put my car into the shop so they can work on the doors and probably doing some paint work on that side. I'm going to need a new side mirror too it looks like.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

#23 · (Edited)
Pulled the bumper and installed the new fender Friday night. We were up until 4AM getting ready for the Tune event with Tork.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Bumper

While we were working on that we pulled out the intercooler piping, very disappointing stuff
Exhaust manifold Auto part Pipe Automotive exhaust Muffler

And installed some sexy DRP units.
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

A shot on the dyno Saturday morning
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

And the other guys who were out at the event
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

7300 miles I was way over due for an oil change. From now on its 3000-5000 miles I can't believe Dodge would ever want you to go 10k. This stuff was BLACK.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

#26 ·
Could you feel a difference when you changed the oil?

#30 · (Edited)
Here ya go!

#35 · (Edited)
Car Vehicle Auto part Gauge Speedometer

Since I changed the oil a couple weeks ago I've put almost 4000 miles on it. Took this picture Tuesday on my way towards Houston.

Now if only I could get a damn intake to see what it would do for my power and gas mileage.

almost 11,000 miles now in four months. Don't think I'll make it to 30,000 in a year though since I broke up with my girlfriend in Houston HAHA.

In 7 days I made it from Louisiana up to Oklahoma then back, then out to Texas and back.
Map Line Atlas Ecoregion World

Took this photo in Oklahoma.
Vehicle Tree Road Car Sky

The songs about Oklahoma being windy are no joke.

#36 ·
Lucky, I'm killing for the tune! Waiting on my intake as well (going tork now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.