Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigtoepfer's Build Thread

13K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  Seanski 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 SE Aero 1.4t in White with the "Tech Package" (aka 8.4" with 7"TFT)

Currently I've had Dodge install the kick panel lighting.

But today things took a turn for the interesting. I got my exhaust started.

At first I was thinking JDM Lean!!!
Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Then I got serious and just kept it like the original AERO exhaust because I wanted it to turn down.
Vehicle Auto part Car Exhaust system

So what I have is essentially a 3" catback. Because from the Flange of the "Midpipe" it seems people are calling it. Out to the bumper is all 3" Aluminized Stainless. No muffler. No resonator. Just pure awesome.

Eventually there is a muffler I want to put on it but I have to order it assuming its still even made it has an awesome dolphin tip on it that just looks amazing. But I don't know if its still in production.

And of course I know people are going to want to know how it sounds so we were playing with my buddies gopro and made a little video. Hopefully the link works.

This is just the beginning. I've got plans for coils (BC), Wheels(Trying to decide on sizing), and all intake/intercooler piping(DRP) and intercooler (DRP). Plus a catch can. And probably a stage 1 or 2 tune from Tork. With possibly bigger injectors.

But before I get a tune I want to do full 3" from the turbo back.

See less See more
#37 ·
Finally got my SRI from DRP yesterday. And got it installed.

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Obligatory turbo picture that seems to pop up everywhere.

Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Fuel line

And here is the whole bay.

Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Compact car

I'm gonna clean it up, and then get some good pictures probably this weekend. This color is probably the hardest I color on the planet to take a picture of in the sun with a camera phone.

#40 ·
@starscream5000 181hp 214tq I'm hoping for something closer to 195hp and 220tq.

Its really crazy though a bad dip at about 4800rpms. Now that I have my intake I'm gonna get back on the dyno and see if it smoothed out. If not John said he would retune it.

My end goal would be something like 200whp and 250wtq if its possible to achieve it while retaining good gas mileage.

#45 · (Edited)
So it's been a while since I updated this. I finally got my new wheels in and I put a lip on. So here are a few pictures to catch you up.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

Work Emotion XD9
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

It was pouring down raining outside but I finally got my lug studs in so I wanted to put these bad boys on.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

I ran out to the airport and decided to snap a quick picture before the sun set and before anyone could come out and yell at me. HA!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

#59 ·
Last week on Wednesday I rolled 20,000 miles.
Vehicle Car Auto part Speedometer Odometer

Next week on the 28th it will be one year.

But for about three months out of the year I didn't drive the car. I feel like I really haven't driven it that much this year. But my goal was at least 20,000 and I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.