Dodge Dart Forum banner

Door pocket lights

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Boyer420z 
#1 ·
Is my profile says, I have a 14 Aero and I would really like to put red LED's under the door arm rest to light up the pocket at night. Before I tackle this, can anyone chime in and let me know about the wiring inside the door? I'm thinking that there has to be a hot which lights up the window switches when the dash lights come on. I'm looking to do all 4 doors... If there's another thread about this very thing, a goose to where it is would be most appreciated as I couldn't find one...

#8 ·
just a thought but what about running an led under the arm rest when its extended and have it wired to the light to from the outlet in the console just simply tap a small hole and run the led in there hot glue it in and run the wires to the back. sorry didn't mean to steal thread

#9 ·
Uh, that brings up another question, unrelated to my OT. The center console arm rest is supposed to slide forward? It did on my old '12 Chry 200 that I traded in, but my Dart doesn't have that. I've been realizing that the arm rest is too far back for any real good and I miss not being able to pull it forward a bit...

#11 ·
Yes it is suppose to slide forward. It did it on both my 13 and 15. Unless the aero is lame (like it has been before) they might have taken it out. My friend is missing so many little features that every other dart has. Like the back seat has a fold down in the center with cup holder, not his aero. He has a 13 dart so they came with the storage passenger seat. Not the aero. No engine cover, spare, or rear carpeting on the trunk. Or no padding on the underneath of the hood. Probably some other things too. Like no rear sway bars, and i can't think of what else. So weird. lol

#12 ·
:disappointed: Well this just blows... When I was driving in this morning I was thinking how much I miss such a stupid little thing like a sliding arm rest. I think I'm just going to have to call around the pick it yards to see if I can find some Darts (or *A* Dart) and pick the heck out of it. When I was making the deal on mine, I realized that it didn't have floor or trunk mats and made the dealer get them out of another Dart on the lot plus put on OEM molded mud guards to finalize the deal lol. Guess not including all those little details are a weight saving thing? Who knows... Still, I like my Dart :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.