Dodge Dart Forum banner

Just finished my DIY front lip spoiler/ side skirts. Need opinions

25K views 61 replies 25 participants last post by  PGHDart66 
#1 · (Edited)
Good or bad let me know what you think. Personally i think it looks really good. While obviously much more crude, I honestly don't think it looks all that dissimilar from the Dart GTS stuff. Even if I didn't like it, or am ready to take it down it will come right off. My goal was to create an all around look to go with the new spoiler. Wheels are next, just waiting for something in black with red trim to come out in the proper bolt pattern. This took me about 2 hours all together, and costs about $30 in parts. Apologize the pics aren't crisp clear as the sun was behind clouds, so not enough light for my Droid.

And from a distance:

See less See more
#6 ·
I think it looks really good. That's a sweet looking ride!

#7 ·
Makes the car look more sporty! Love it. Good Job

#12 · (Edited)
E/O 2-1/4 in x 9 ft Rubber Garage Door Bottom Seal-G9H at The Home Depot

bought a 9 footer for the front, and a 16 foot strip cut in half for the sides, 3M double sided outdoor mounting tape used to install. Some people screw or rivet it on for extra strength, but I drove today with just the front and it stuck just fine

Also, wondering if i should Plastidip it, curious if that would look better.

#19 ·
after having driven it several times, including highway it has not come off at all, not even the edges. In fact i tried to take the strip off on the front to remount it to better hide the tape. It wouldn't come off, not without tearing the rubber where its on the tape (tape still comes off the car just fine). So i see no problem with wind blowing it off. Just be sure to wash the area you stick it too. PM me if you have any questions on what exactly to buy or how I put it on.

#31 ·
you can see in the first mounted strip the gap between the strip and the car, and the pieces of tape. Also notice how the lip hangs straight down on the front and angles inward on the sides. I mounted the new strip about 1/2 inch back to better hide the gap and tape, and also mounted the sides different so that the strip hangs properly (the way instructed in earlier post), angling outward to match the sides.

Original:

Redone lip:

#32 ·
looks very clean, I too will be doing this.

Anyone else pull it off yet, if so, post up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.