Dodge Dart Forum banner

Mods I should get?

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  loxmith 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and sort of a beginner to modifications for a vehicle. From what I've researched I've seen getting a Crankshaft pulley and then doing ECU flash to the ECU a good start? But what else a great way to gain performance? Any better crankshaft pulleys for the Turbo 2.4L Tigershark? I can only find it them for WITHOUT turbo. Anybody using a Mopar CAI?
What would you guys suggest would be good add ons?

#2 ·
It's normal you don't find any for the turbo 2.4 because the 2.4 don't have a turbo... Just get the RRM pack pulley with spectrum and add an intake with a catback and you would be good to go

#3 ·
I have the Mopar CAI, also the sport hood with the ram air attachment...as far as performance gains go, I have never dyno'd the car so I can not attest to any HP gains. The only noticeable difference is a little more engine sound, nothing else is really noticeable to me. As far as bang for the buck mod's go, RRM pully and Spectrum tuner as very highly recommended around here. Everyone who has installed them just rave about the difference they make. That being said, if your car really is a turbo car, you might not notice as great an impact with those. Don't get me wrong, they would make a difference, just not nearly as much a difference as the turbo does.

#4 ·
I want the MOPAR CAI but i cant justify the money for a 5%ish power boost. I'll most likley use those funds for caliper painting or covers.

#5 ·
Well you have the sport hood so the Mopar CAI would at least do something. I don't have the sport hood, it looks great on your car, but I have a white car and I didn't care for the look of the sport hood on the white cars. I almost bought a Go Mango car which came with the sport hood and it also looked good. I purchased the white one because it was local. I will probably use the CAI money for something else. Maybe the interior lighting kit (?) not sure. Your car looks great!

#7 ·
Dont feel like an idiot... the older 2.4 engines had turbos and Dodge should have made the new 2.4 have a turbo!

#19 ·
Not going to lie...this is why I love that my car doesn't have the shutters. :big smile:
the oem snorkel goes in the upper grill so it still get fresh air unless you remove it which would be dumb (not talking about the resonator)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.