Has anyone tried out the Sykes tune?
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried out the Sykes tune? within the Dodge Dart 2.0L Tigershark forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; So I was thinking bout my next mod and one of the things I've been looking out is the Sykes tune, but I haven't seen ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried out the Sykes tune?

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT
      Mods
      Road Race 2.0 SRI, Autolite Copper Spark plugs, 35% Tints (Front and back), TRS HID's (5500 K), RR L
      Liked
      16 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

So I was thinking bout my next mod and one of the things I've been looking out is the Sykes tune, but I haven't seen many on the board talk about...

So has anyone given it a try? Impressions if so?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1831 times
      Mentioned
      278 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by scratchoo View Post
      So I was thinking bout my next mod and one of the things I've been looking out is the Sykes tune, but I haven't seen many on the board talk about...

From what I read is that it will no longer be supported for flash tune, and might need to be a bench tune from now on. Other than that, if that is the case, i have heard good things about the 2.0 tune from him.
      youngsmith53 likes this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT
      Mods
      Road Race 2.0 SRI, Autolite Copper Spark plugs, 35% Tints (Front and back), TRS HID's (5500 K), RR L
      Liked
      16 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I know this is a question probably better suited for the supporter board, but any talk of a stage two? Or are they pulling out?

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4212 times
      Mentioned
      656 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by scratchoo View Post

As soon as mine arrives I'll be giving the low-down nitty gritty review with as much information and torque app data to supply the .org. in the mean time check out @KYHMAN 's review here, 2.0 Syked Ecu Tune! as that will give you a good understanding of what to expect from the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      From what I read is that it will no longer be supported for flash tune, and might need to be a bench tune from now on. Other than that, if that is the case, i have heard good things about the 2.0 tune from him.
      Good deal. Good things happen to those who wait as we've waited this long for a proper bench flash tune for the 2.0, I can wait a little longer. Either way, patience is a virtue as I ordered the tune on 03/31 and still awaiting arrival. I know others in my situation would be going insane with anticipation and emailing Kevin non-stop demanding an ETA. However, I'm just fine sitting tight. Thanks @Cntrollerfanboy for the update for us few non-facbooking Dart owners!!!
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1831 times
      Mentioned
      278 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      As soon as mine arrives I'll be giving the low-down nitty gritty review with as much information and torque app data to supply the .org. in the mean time check out @KYHMAN 's review here, 2.0 Syked Ecu Tune! as that will give you a good understanding of what to expect from the tune.

Good deal. Good things happen to those who wait as we've waited this long for a proper bench flash tune for the 2.0, I can wait a little longer. Either way, patience is a virtue as I ordered the tune on 03/31 and still awaiting arrival. I know others in my situation would be going insane with anticipation and emailing Kevin non-stop demanding an ETA. However, I'm just fine sitting tight. Thanks @Cntrollerfanboy for the update for us few non-facbooking Dart owners!!!
      Yeah i was reading on the book of faces about him not offering the tunes via OBDII flash anymore or soon. Not sure how true that is, or if I am missing some info regarding that.
      youngsmith53 likes this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart GT 2014 orange
      Mods
      See sign
      Liked
      216 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Yeah i was reading on the book of faces about him not offering the tunes via OBDII flash anymore or soon. Not sure how true that is, or if I am missing some info regarding that.
      He is going to release a brand new software which will normally support all the Dodge/Ford/GM vehicules including the Dart 2.0L, 1.4t and 2.4L, so anyone can buy it and tune it's own car. Doing so he will stop doing tune via email but should continue tuning car if someone shows up or send him an ecu. This way with all the laws that surround tuner it will kinda protect him if anything goes wrong.

If you want a tune go for it but I would atleast get an intake and exhaust before doing it and at best have all bolt-on.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      46 times
      Mentioned
      15 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What's the difference between the OBDII and the new software if he releases it. I'm not really noledgable about tuning

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4L Blacktop Edition
      Mods
      35% window tint all around Blacked out reverse lights and reflectors Custom designed Tigershark badg
      Liked
      237 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Anch View Post
      He is going to release a brand new software which will normally support all the Dodge/Ford/GM vehicules including the Dart 2.0L, 1.4t and 2.4L, so anyone can buy it and tune it's own car. Doing so he will stop doing tune via email but should continue tuning car if someone shows up or send him an ecu. This way with all the laws that surround tuner it will kinda protect him if anything goes wrong.

If you want a tune go for it but I would atleast get an intake and exhaust before doing it and at best have all bolt-on.
      That sounds interesting...I wasn't aware anyone offers a 2.4 tune. I thought no one even bothered, because the cost to gains ratio just wasn't going to be worth the effort to try crack the ECU.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart GT 2014 orange
      Mods
      See sign
      Liked
      216 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by sketchynik View Post
      What's the difference between the OBDII and the new software if he releases it. I'm not really noledgable about tuning
      It will be a complete tuning software instead of a simple car specific flash tune

Quote Originally Posted by loxmith View Post
      That sounds interesting...I wasn't aware anyone offers a 2.4 tune. I thought no one even bothered, because the cost to gains ratio just wasn't going to be worth the effort to try crack the ECU.
      It wasn't a problem for him to crack the ecu but writing on it is the problem and so far, he seems to slowly find a way to do it.
      loxmith likes this.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      46 times
      Mentioned
      15 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So correct me if I'm wrong. So he's releasing the tuning software for us to tune it ourself vs him doing a flash on a pcm for our specific car?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links