Muffler Delete, Single or dual exits??
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Muffler Delete, Single or dual exits??

This is a discussion on Muffler Delete, Single or dual exits?? within the Dodge Dart 2.0L Tigershark Engine Mods forums, part of the Dodge Dart 2.0L Tigershark category; I am planning to do a muffler delete on my 2.0l dart and was wondering the difference between a single exit and a dual exit ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Muffler Delete, Single or dual exits??

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4-CYL, Tigershark 2.0L
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Question Muffler Delete, Single or dual exits??

I am planning to do a muffler delete on my 2.0l dart and was wondering the difference between a single exit and a dual exit exhaust for a 2.0l n/a. I want to go with the cheapest route because the custom y-pipe is an expensive route but also i would like to make the wisest choice.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1915 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      the answer to your question is yes

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      4129 times
      Mentioned
      629 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      @drake_nguyen since you have a 2.0, have a look at my build thread (link in signature). I did multiple changes to my exhaust over the years, which should give you a better understanding of the information you are looking to obtain. I do agree with @pkgmsu2000 , one should stay with a single pipe exhaust to enhance efficiency and performance of the small engine displacement we're working with on the Dart platform.

to read more about NA exhaust theory, have a look at this post here: turbo exhaust verses NA exhaust.

As always if you have any questions, we'll be here to help and assist along the way. Good luck and look forward to updates!
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1915 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to @youngsmith53 again.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4-CYL, Tigershark 2.0L
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      @drake_nguyen since you have a 2.0, have a look at my build thread (link in signature). I did multiple changes to my exhaust over the years, which should give you a better understanding of the information you are looking to obtain. I do agree with @pkgmsu2000 , one should stay with a single pipe exhaust to enhance efficiency and performance of the small engine displacement we're working with on the Dart platform.

to read more about NA exhaust theory, have a look at this post here: turbo exhaust verses NA exhaust.

As always if you have any questions, we'll be here to help and assist along the way. Good luck and look forward to updates!
      Thanks, i did some reading on the Exhaust theory, very interesting and informing. When you have the dual vs single exit, i understand single is what i should go for but since you've experienced both, did you notice or is there any difference in sound?

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1915 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      the sound of exhaust notes are subjective, what you like to hear in an exhaust could be the opposite of what i like to hear... it mostly comes down to you doing some trial and error and research and listening to videos on youtube
      youngsmith53 likes this.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      4129 times
      Mentioned
      629 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by drake_nguyen View Post
      did you notice or is there any difference in sound?
      First page of the build thread has before and after videos encompassing the difference from the dual to the single exhaust. Have a listen for yourself.
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Newb
      Rep

is Flatout

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart rallye 2.0L
      Mods
      2.4L injen SRI Intake17 17" Fast Hayaku's 6000K LED'S Lowering Springs
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by pkgmsu2000 View Post
      the answer to your question is yes

Is it possible to remove the other "fake tip" not being used. I was going to take the single out-let approach with the Injen exhaust.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4129 times
      Mentioned
      629 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by NathanMcD141 View Post
      Is it possible to remove the other "fake tip" not being used. I was going to take the single out-let approach with the Injen exhaust.
      Yes, you can remove the fake tip as it's only held in by three screws. Furthermore, you do not want to go with the injen single exhaust as that is a 3" diameter and you will lose power on a Natrually Aspirated engine with too big diameter exhaust. Believe it or not, there is a difference between turbo and NA exhaust.

Remember what the NA's want it's not "back-pressure", its exhaust velocity. NA's are designed for proper flow of gas-speed may exhibit some degree of "back-pressure" as a necessary evil or result or side-effect, but "back-pressure" in and of itself is NOT a good thing. The larger the exhaust pipe is on an N/A engine the gases slow down & get all swirly, actually causing more "back-pressure". Where with the NA's we want to exit the gases as fast as possible not slow down and create the "back-pressure".

You can read more in my build thread (below in signature) as well as turbo exhaust theory vs NA exhaust theory. Hopefully this points ya in the right direction and helps clear the air surrounding exhausts. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me or anyone of the helpful .org members.
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.

Newb
      Rep

is Flatout

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart rallye 2.0L
      Mods
      2.4L injen SRI Intake17 17" Fast Hayaku's 6000K LED'S Lowering Springs
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      Yes, you can remove the fake tip as it's only held in by three screws. Furthermore, you do not want to go with the injen single exhaust as that is a 3" diameter and you will lose power on a Natrually Aspirated engine with too big diameter exhaust. Believe it or not, there is a difference between turbo and NA exhaust.

Remember what the NA's want it's not "back-pressure", its exhaust velocity. NA's are designed for proper flow of gas-speed may exhibit some degree of "back-pressure" as a necessary evil or result or side-effect, but "back-pressure" in and of itself is NOT a good thing. The larger the exhaust pipe is on an N/A engine the gases slow down & get all swirly, actually causing more "back-pressure". Where with the NA's we want to exit the gases as fast as possible not slow down and create the "back-pressure".

You can read more in my build thread (below in signature) as well as turbo exhaust theory vs NA exhaust theory. Hopefully this points ya in the right direction and helps clear the air surrounding exhausts. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me or anyone of the helpful .org members.
      Very true, it honestly depends on price for me. if the flowmaster goes on sale. well bonus, I'll get that one. if not. oh well.

One thing I do have to ask though, would a 1.4L catback fit a 2.0L exhaust?? pretty sure there the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links