Dodge Dart Forum banner

Coolant Reservoir Cap

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zanryu99 
#1 ·
So, I was gearing up to head off to Toronto Wednesday morning and noticed I was a little under the full level of my Dart's coolant reservoir, so I went to top up... and the cap for the reservoir came off without the rest of the cap? I was wondering if this has happened before to anyone else - I'm going to order a new cap and get the rest of my cap out with some channel-lock pliers, just for ease of access; I can still fill the reservoir by disassembling the cap itself with the springs and whatnot, and it still seals upon reassembly - but I'd like to be able to actually REMOVE my cap in a pinch, yanno? I don't always have needle-nose pliers on hand to twist and pull little pieces apart to top up if there's an emergency or something.

#3 ·
Pretty sure I have something similar tucked away in one of our boxes from our initial move, think that's a wicked idea, actually. Hoping it was an isolated incident, gonna be bummed if I shell out money for a new cap and it happens again.

Reactions: PBMTMD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.