Dodge Dart Forum banner

Love my car but, issue aftrer issue

5K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Jer 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2013 dodge dart rallye with the 1.4t manual, from South Hills dodge in Pittsburgh. I love the way it looks but I've had issue after issue. I bought the car in May with 30,000 on it. First the issues started when I brought it home and the check engine and traction control light kicked on, and my cruise control started to act up and would not turn on. I had it at the dealership the next week to get looked at. They swapped the coils to confirm that was the issue and told me to call when it came on again and they were going to order the parts anyway. I dropped the car off at the dealership the night before so they could have it for the next day. I got a call the next day saying that the car will not be ready and that they needed more parts, I asked what parts the hard to order they did not order the coil pack, the part they told me they already ordered. So lucky I was able to barrow a car off a family member while I waited a week for them to finish the work.

A week goes by and no issues with the car, then on my way to work I go to press the cruse control and nothing. It doesn't work, later that day on my way home I go to make a phone call and my phones not showing up which was weird. I let it go a couple days and tried to get it to work but it wasn't. During that time my clutch my clutch started to stick and when I took my car in to get "fixed" they said they could not get the clutch to stick and they got the radio working again.

About a month goes by and here and there the clutch would stick and I was to busy with work and school to find time to take it in. Then the cruse control again decided to stop working. And by this time I about had it because they car was sold as a 'certified pre owned' car and that everything in was looked and a in good condition. Which clearly wasn't the case... I called the service department again and asked to talk to the manager after I talked to the tech to get my car in again. The manager of the service department did not pick up or return a few of my calls. I finally got a hold of him and asked to speak in person when I brought my car in. Because I wanted to see how this car was cleared as a "certified pre owned". When I brought the car in and talked to the tech about the car and what was wrong and showed him the video of the clutch sticking, so they believed me this time. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was in the shop. I said ill wait for him. I stood around and he wouldn't take the time just to speak to me and the tech went back out to get him again because he saw me still standing there. He told the tech that he doesn't have the time to speak to me.

At this point I just wanted my car fixed and got in my rental car and left. I tried multiple time the next week calling him and contacting him, with no response...

I get a call during the week telling me what was wrong. and they the master slave went bad for the clutch to stick and they were going to replace the clutch assembly and just replace the whole steering wheel to fix the cruse control. To me the clutch assembly ment the, slave cylinder, through out bearing, and the clutch were all going to be replaced because. Since the slave cylinder went bad at 33,000 miles it put extra wear and tear on the clutch and wore it prematurely.

I get a call that the work is done and I can pick it up. I head down to pick up the car, and as I'm signing all the paperwork I see just the Slave was replaced, nothing else. I ask about it, and ask why the clutch or anything else was not done as well. They tell me that clutches are not replaceable under warranty. And I ask them if they know how a clutch works and explains all the extra wear it but on it by being stuck. And he said that it wasn't covered by warranty so they didn't bother to ask I wanted the rest of it done. I was already annoyed by it so I walked to my car that the tech pulled up. I sit down and the airbag light was on, with a message that says airbag warning. I walk in and by now all the techs left. And talk to the lady at the desk and say that my car wasn't fixed. I then get the run around and leave my keys for it to be fixed.

I call corporate to talk to someone since no one at the dealership would help me or get back to me. I get offered 6 free oil changes and just told to take the car else where.

Now to my current issue is that the throw out bearing is shot and I can hear it every time I back up and every time in 1 and sometimes second gear. I am at 35,xxx and my warranty is almost up. does anyone have any recommendations on what to do because I have contacted a few dealers and they've been dragging their feet with it the last few weeks, and know to get the clutch and throw-out bearing replaced it'll cost upwards of a grand with the labor. And that's something that I really don't want to do because of something that was messed up on dodges end.

Any help or advice would be amazing. I'm new to the forums and really just want this to be taken car of so I can just enjoy my car.
Thank you and sorry for such a long story.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, sounds like a usual dealer story :( Sadly, I do not know what your next step should be. You already took the appropriate steps to contact Chrysler. Their response of just going somewhere else (and bribing you with oil changes) doesn't help you. You can't ask another dealer to fix your trans issues that your other dealer did not address. The only way they would have replaced your clutch was is the slave cylinder completely failed and caused your clutch to blow up. Which happened to my friend at 10k. lol Throw out bearing is another issue. I don't know about issues while in gear, but mine was bad in my 2015 Dart before it even had 500 miles on it... Had it replaced at 4000 miles even when I called about it at about 800 miles. Took forever and they just drag their feet. But it was always a loud rattle noise in neutral when you let the clutch out. My 2013 Dart had the same issue and they blamed it on my clutch and tried to make me pay for a new clutch. NOPE. When they didn't even take it apart and prove that was it.

I hope you the best with these issues. I would try and speak with someone else atHQ. Try and get them to call the dealer and make it known you are not happy with them. They really don't like to get calls from Chrysler. It's like if your boss calls you and tells you, you screwed up. Normally they do something better about it. Now they offered you oil changes, but I don't know what more can be done. These dealers ruin the car for us. Sorry for your issues.

#5 ·
Well I did contact the owner of the dealer and got no response, and it turns out the head service manager and the owner have the same last name, so I could see why I was never contacted back. I don't know what just really irks me is the fact that they replaced the Slave Cylinder under warranty but wouldn't touch what the Slave Cylinder was putting unnecessary wear and tear on.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I just wish @pkgmsu2000 would get on. The dealer here in Denver did the EXACT same thing to him....he can share his experience with you.

#12 ·
please don't apologize for long stories. its better then the twitter posts we get and expect us to solve peoples issues.

Here is a discussion about the clutch, its a long read but the TLDR is we have got the procedures to replace it yourself and that most dealers are going to push back and that corporate has to authorize the replacement.

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...8-clutch-pedal-issues-stuck-down-floor-1.html

#15 ·
Hi sorry for the delayed update on this, but I spoke with another dodge dealer and they are going to take a look at the car and see if they can get it resolved for me. But I was browsing the other fourms on here an found some of the work orders from people who had the same issue with there cars that dodge fixed covered by warrenty so I have those printed for when I take the car in proving that dodge has admitted that there is clutch issues so I hope this will help in getting it resolved. I will update after I meet with them next week. And yes @Bullfrog I have joined the lawsuit for this issue. thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.