Dodge Dart Forum banner

Video of boost only going to 5 psi. HELP!

Tags
boost
2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  THEunderACH1EVER 
#1 ·
Once I figure out how to post the video, I'll be set. The problem being is this is an intermittent problem, I throw no codes, and it will only boost to 5 psi until I shut the car off and restart. I haven't done the wastegate mod, but I believe that is used when you are throwing codes. Any ideas guys?

#7 ·
Same problem. Some sort of limp mode. No lights but it's there. Adjusting the wastegate helped a lot. Instead of coming on every drive it only happens once a week or so.

#8 ·
It happens to me too. The wastegate mod does not fix it. I started with .5mm of preload from the factory and have tried 4, 4.5, 5, 6 and 7mm. It runs the smoothest with 6mm but still has the problem. No codes but I took it to the dealer once and they found a pending underboost code. A day after that the wastegate adjustment thread was created and I thought it would be a fix like they claimed but a year a later I still loose boost. It's going to the dealer this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.