Dodge Dart Forum banner

When i bought my Dart it started making a squeeking noise, anyone else have this prob

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  hemihead 
#1 ·
just a random squeek the dealers gonna fix it but i havent taken it in yet and im really wanting to know what it is. i havent even beat the crap out of t yet.. haha

#6 ·
Well I have the same exact problem as well and the vehicle is only about three weeks old now with roughly 1,400 miles total. I have a 2013 Dart SXT, 1.4 liter engine with the 6 speed manual transmission. I's strange, I can produce the sound only while moving and by either pushing the clutch in and out or moving the manual shifter. When I'm stopped it doesn't do it at all. It is / has definitely getting worse. I'd be curious to know what the dealership did for you in your case. I'll have to bring mine in no doubt. It's starting to annoy the heck out of me.

#10 ·
Definitely inside. The sound appears almost as if it’s coming from linkage(s) / cabling of some kind perhaps under the dashboard just above where all your foot pedals are located.
Since posting this comment yesterday, I took notice that the brake pedal will also influence this squeak as well too. Again, ONLY if the vehicle is moving. The vehicle only has to be moving ever so slightly (i.e. let the car start to move / coast after letting your foot off the brake, say in the driveway) then apply the brake pedal and you’ll hear the squeak. If you’re sitting still it will NOT make this squeak no matter what you try. I noticed this web site has the ability to post a video, I’ll record the squeak (if possible while driving may have to get someone to help) and upload it. I still have to get the service manual for this vehicle and am hoping it will tell me more about how these three entities (shifter, clutch and now brake pedal) are all tied in with each other making this squeaking sound that’s getting worse. Albeit this may be a good thing so that at least one could finally locate / better understand where it’s coming from as opposed to only hearing it once in a while….. more will be revealed.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Dodge dart
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Mid-size car

#17 ·
My pleasure. I wish I had thought to ask the dealership to save the defective rear engine motor mount for further analysis. I'm hoping that because of the motor mount being broken it didn't put undue strain on other components (i.e. everything from electrical lines to fuel rails / lines to other motor mounts etc.) that one only then discovers years later if you know what I mean ? .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.