Dodge Dart Forum banner

Ngk Spark plugs new and old

9K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  MoRALLYE 
#1 ·
This is what my spark plugs looked like at 31,000 miles.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
This exactly what happened to me. They were fine at first and not the engine shutters under load sometimes and also sometimes the computer disables the turbo and cruise until I shut the car off and turn it back on. Never did any of this when the OEM plugs were installed. I have a new box of the OEM plugs on my desk. I'll get the crap Denso's out and the goods in soon.

#18 ·
Can't understand why people have a problem with more expensive oem parts if they work the best. People spend big money to eat a couple overpriced pieces of meat and alcohol at chain restaurants all the time. But a C note for some plugs is a big deal?
What does the book say about change intervals anyone?

#26 ·
My driving pattern is to and from work everyday and the occasional car meets like once month. Btw my house and work there 10 stop lights. Now im no way a conservative driver by any means. I like to have fun in my car when theres no one around. I have used nothing but 93 from day one in my car. What else would you like to know???

#27 ·
I am at near 42K on my original plugs and need to change them as I am starting to feel a little miss and hesitation sometimes. What is the best option now? Are you guys saying the Denso is the same as OEM or are they actually different? (someone makes the OEM plugs for Mopar)

#38 · (Edited)
Changed my plugs to the OEM ones from the Denso's. Here is a photo of the original OEM NGK one and the Denso next to it. The Denso wreaked of gas...like it wasn't firing properly. 3 out of the 4 do. The OEM NGK ones have a very faint smell of gas but no where near as bad as the Denso's. I can also see on at least 2 or 3 of the Denso's that it was firing down the side of the plug. I wouldn't recommend these for anyone using a 1.4 Turbo engine (Fiat or Dart).

Spark plug Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part Circuit component

Tip of used Denso plug...about 4,000-5,000 miles
Brass Metal

#43 ·
Normally, they're probably fine for most vehicles. The Fiat 1.4 Turbo requires the use of special plugs. I don't care what Modernperformance says...these plugs simply don't work in this motor. I wish they'd take them off their website. Save your $40 and get the OEM MOPAR ones. Its the only plug that works in our engines. Mine runs pretty good now. It even feels like it has a little more power. The Denso's would always make the car feel sluggish. I guess if its misfiring it will feel sluggish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.