P1CEA, power loss
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

P1CEA, power loss

This is a discussion on P1CEA, power loss within the Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Hey guys. So I know that there are a few threads on P1CEA already, and I've read through them, but I can't quite seem to ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By dan

Thread: P1CEA, power loss

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Rallye 1.4L Turbo 6-Speed MT
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

P1CEA, power loss

Hey guys. So I know that there are a few threads on P1CEA already, and I've read through them, but I can't quite seem to solve my problem.

A few weeks back I made the mistake of redlining while accelerating out of 1st gear (not proud of this, won't go into detail). Not long after, the check engine light came on, so I scanned for codes and it came up with P1CEA. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back up, but since then I have noticed a definite issue: With moderate to hard acceleration (getting up to speed on a highway), the car kind of jars/jerks like it doesn't have enough power. I checked all of the hoses and vacuum lines and looked things over pretty thoroughly, can't seem to find leaks of any sort. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Also, the reason I made a new post is because the other threads seemed to mostly deal with scenarios involving modifications like the "Free horsepower mod", which I haven't done.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

dan
      Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dart limited redline red stick shift 8.4 touch screen sunroof black/tan interior leather seats
      Liked
      130 times
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      there may be no light but you may still have a code. get the car to do what it's doing again and scan it immediately. it could be in pending codes... the p1cea seems to relearn the parameters after you clear it and may not come back for a while or at all even if you did modify the evap system. it's a little odd that it came up after an over rev but who knows.

if no codes at all them try an oil change and do the oil life counter dance (key on, engine off, pump gas 3 times if i remember right...) then drive the car a little to get everything to relearn. the engines can act strangely if the oil is too thin.

if it's not the oil, and it's not a trouble code, then maybe some damage was done to the evap line and you are having either a large boost leak or are sucking air into the evap system. i suppose this could happen if the engine torques over too far, it could damage a line. come to think of it check this first. or have a qualified mechanic check it. there are a lot of lines and T's going to weird places.
      Pretty Boy Floyd likes this.

Sponsored Links