Dodge Dart Forum banner

personal tune of the dart

19K views 92 replies 31 participants last post by  FERRARIKILLIN101 
#1 ·
Alright yall I have done the boost mod, intercooler pipes, hand made cone filter air intake, and 3 inch downpipe back kit homemade. With a go pedal. Alright so I will be installing a ecu master det 3 kit off of ebay. Couple of my friends have them on there drift cars and love it. I have my wideband and coming in today and the tuner some time this week. This tuner pretty much does everything timing advance, launch control, fuel management all that jazz. Pretty much just putting this out there because I know there is a lack of tunes for the dart. And if I could help yall out with little to no effort than so be it

#55 ·
was waiting for this, I hate to tell you this but these ecus have very complex limiters and so many of them. sure you can hide signal for this sensor or that sensor but you cant hide acceleration by speed or time. I have to admit you have kept it together this long but without changing things inside the ecu your going to be capped or on the verge of limp mode very often

#51 ·
good news eveyone. tomorrow is sunday i cant believe i actually have a day a day that i have nothing to do so i will hopefully be grabng a friend a tunin the car and boost controler. i did run a dyno not very promising numbers but i will share everything with yall Text Line Diagram Slope Parallel

seems to still have a problem with my boost staying at 20 and also my 8 psi tune is terrable with more than 8psi which is standard. so i will try my hardest to tune and repair stuff tomorrow. what i am really proud of is how much the power curve is over stock yes not as much power but i can fix that with tuning. but the smooth curve is looking/feeling amazing

#52 ·
Once you get that AFR under control the power will start climbing. It's very lean in the peak torque range and then briefly gets to where it needs to be between 4500-4750 RPMs, then goes very rich.

How's the gas mileage with you being down on power some?

#54 ·
Text Line Diagram Parallel Technical drawing

okay i know acouple people have asked me is a screen shot of the stock tune with a 20psi run well 19-20 psi. im not spending a huge amount of time tuning due to me putting a new intercooler in which means i get to build new intercooler pipes maybe. i will include photos of that install also if anyone cares which i hope 1 person out in the world is like me and hates paying huge money for something i can do myself just as good if not better sometimes.

#58 ·
View attachment 36453

okay i know acouple people have asked me is a screen shot of the stock tune with a 20psi run well 19-20 psi. im not spending a huge amount of time tuning due to me putting a new intercooler in which means i get to build new intercooler pipes maybe. i will include photos of that install also if anyone cares which i hope 1 person out in the world is like me and hates paying huge money for something i can do myself just as good if not better sometimes.
in all actuallity that seems to be correct by the percentage that you would lose through parasitic loss from the transmission.

#56 ·
the boost problem is really me being cheap and buying the 10$ ebay man boost controlr. so thats a my bad yes the car is fighting me alittle but really it has excepted the tunes well. only thing that has faught me alittle is the o2 sensor by the trubo but i will be gettin a 02 simulator chip that will send a signal to the ecu telling its perferct than the ecu will be happy and stop correcting. has anyone put a wideband in and relized that i stays at 13 when it is hot out side say 90 degrees and above?? than after engine gets to opt temp it goes back to 14-14.5 were i have it sitting. i get my intercooler in thursday so hopefully putting that in thursday before the 4rth. and my boost solinod comes in saturday so maybe put that in monday or sunday night

#57 ·
okay yall hope everyone had a great 4 july i know i did. so like i said intercooler 27x12x3 fits perfect in that pocket. no body mods were needed and 3 very simple brackets hold it in place. the intercooler is 2.5 in and 2.5 out. my hot pipe is 2 inch and cold pipe is 2.5. if i would recomend anything to anyone would be keep it 2 inch every were i got the 2.5 to fit on the cold side but man is it snug. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Crash
Automotive exterior Bumper Grille Auto part Vehicle
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car
Vehicle Auto part Car Bumper Engine
Auto part Muffler Jet engine Vehicle Pipe
Automotive exterior Bumper Grille Auto part Automotive tire
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Radiator
as u can see i used just flat steel 1/4 inch thick by 1.5 inch. plenty to hold this up one thing i ddidnt get a photo of was i had to make the hole bigger on the braket due to the rad posts being rectangle but easy fix. i have a average of 100f temp into my intake while driving and 125f while sitting still for 15 min.

#59 ·
@FERRARIKILLIN101 -

You might consider redesigning the bracket that attaches the top of your new intercooler to the aluminum impact bar:

Automotive exterior Steel Metal

... as the aluminum impact bar (i.e., "5 mph bumper") is mounted on shock absorbers and will move.

#62 ·
Okay after long hours at work. Fighting with boost controller after controller. And fighting wastegate after wastegate. I finally have the atp 18 psi waste gate in the car and all is well. I will hopefully be doing tuning soon. Rolled my ankle earlier so shifting is not perfect. But hopefully il have data to show some improvement soon

#64 ·
keep up the good work screw these guys talking crap. your doing something MANY are too scared to do. i appreciate your working on this. your gains will be more rewarding in the end because you will have done this yourself.

#67 · (Edited by Moderator)
On a side note have you tried force fed performance? I have heard they are on the up and up in Fayetteville. I will be coming down this christmas to visit my parents and i will see what they have

#70 ·
All I know is after 9 pages of this thread... @FERRARIKILLIN101 has really opened my eyes up and if I had money (as I could make time and I have the desire and will to do this) I would definitely go down this path. I already work IT, I like messing with electronics, I like my "garage mod weekends" why not take a shot.

Yeah a lowly ole 2.0 with a powertech getting custom tunes... I could just see the backlash on that thread.

#71 ·
Holy cow. Okay guys 1 yes I am just trying this on the dart and it seems to be working I jusy keep doin stuff which is throwing the tune off. Why its raking so long. 2 thanks for the support and the hate both are whats striving me to finish. 3rd my friends here n town are actually distributors for this ecu master but u can order them off ebay from poland it takes a while but it does work. Now like alot of people said yes I am trying this out yes it may fail yes my numbers might not be amazing but we will have to see il try to do some pulls today after work. And get some ruf dynos on here.

#73 ·
Well its what ever. I dont ever try to make evryone happy people are goin to have hurt feelings no matter what so I dont care. So I contacted my friend about ecu masters and he says he still has contact with the manufacturer. I guess we will see what the numbers say and what people want when all done. And then maybe start a new forum on how I wired mine up and all that jazz. Thanks and gig em

#74 ·
Okay guys I have gone and did some dyno not impress results slow climb of boost but aroun 3k bam 18psi. And highest 140 horse power but my power curve is decent not all choppy like before. Im not the best at tuning honesty so I will try to get one of my friends to help some time and once I do il put it up here asap

#78 ·
I haven't dug that much into it I was just wanting some numbers to give yall. My ignition wire is still not hooked up on my piggy back so that tuning part is lacking. But hopefully this sunday I can get it all situated. And keep yall all happy. I dot have any of this multi air junk figured it justs sounds dumb and kinda smart to me. Its like improving a bullet. I understand why but not getting the why waste time on it. So as long as my valves open and close im happy yes if multi air gets figured out im happy bbut thats second on my list

#79 ·
I think you're giving the MultiAir capabilities of the head less credit than they deserve. You basically have an infinitely adjustable camshaft on the car, up to the physical limits of the engine (valves kissing the pistons). So you have a race camshaft at your disposal, you just need to figure out how to unlock it.

#89 ·
This is a rad project! Pretty fantastic undertaking and looks damn fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.